I Double-dare YOU to take the 7 day V-challenge!

Well count me in too. I'll give it try. I'm washing my hair tomorrow.
smile.gif

I'm in. I actually started doing this when I read your feature. I included this step in my last 2 rinses. I love the way my ends feel already.

Thanks Sweetpea!

I am so excited about those who are going to give it a try cause I know that it will solve your probelms! I can't WAIT to hear the success stories! Oh, and another thing...it works on dry parts of your hair also. If (for example) the back of your hair is really dry and "crunchy" feeling, try it on the entire section of the hair. It will get in back into shape in no time. NOTE: DO NOT grease your scalp or put it on your sclap period! Use it on the hair only!

-lee

Re: I Double-dare YOU to take the 7 day V-challeng

Alrightee!

I have a jar of the Proclaim "Vaseline" from Sally's that I bought when I first started reading about you and Adrienne's regimens on BHCAB. I'll start on Sunday...

Oh, and what a great way to get us to do it--double darin' us and stuff
look.gif

I am a good doobie too. I heat up an oil combo add castor oil with essential oils, vitamin E and sheep sorrel and a very large dollop of vaseline... I use it when I put extensions in and to moisturize my bun. It just melts into my hair. I keep my container in the FREEZER, and take it out to use it and put it back. It keeps very well. Now if I want a heavy coating on my hair before I braid, I use just plain vaseline. It works and keeps my hair soft. Lovely lovely hair Leezure and you are a natural inspiration. Bonjour.

you know. ill join because ive been thinking about flirting with grease again. (my butters are too heavy right now), ill be wearing twists and a scarf. ill use vaseline or bronner bros super gro w/sage n sulfur.

UmSamayyah,

I have that Wonder Gro product too (in my hair care storage
laugh.gif
)

Maybe I'll try that. It smells a bit better than the pure vaseline and does have some good oils in it. It's as heavy as the vaseline too.

I have my hair braided at the moment. When I take my braids down and go back to my protective style I will try this for sure.

Im in, Im doing so many challenges, Im almost losing count, they're so much fun though. Im starting tomorrow!

[ QUOTE ]
leejure said:
Oil the last few inches of your hair. I mean oil it to wear it is "stuck" (if you will) together and you can poke someone in the eye with your hair! No is does not take a lot of vaseline to do this, but you will need enough to get the "poking-in-the-eye" effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
"poking-in-the-eye" effect!
rofl.gif
Love it! Your tips are great. I was pretty impressed with the effect vaseline had on my ends. It's especially great now because there is *no* moisture in the air.

Question. Would I use my Hot Six Oil before vaseline or after? which seals in which or should I just use vaseline only?

Thanks, I'll try this challenge some time soon but wanted to know about these 2 things that I have.

Double dare you say?......Lee, girl you're crazy! How's a good country girl like me to refuse a double dare challenge
assimilate.gif
you got me hooked girl! i'll call mine the vaseline/heavy grease challenge. thanks for the tip
laugh.gif

Hi BRH ~

It's good to see you here!
wave.gif
I'm not Leejure but I use Hot Six Oil. I apply it first. I'm not sure if the oil followed by vaseline is overkill, though. Either way, the vaseline is the last product I place on my hair. HTH

[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
I do this with a wondergro mega moisture shea butter grease. It has a bunch of different oils but it is at least 50% petrolatum I'd guess. I LOVE it. I have almost zero split ends.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so right that stuff is THICK I gave it to my mom, but she thought it was too thick and she's a big grease lover
laugh.gif
But she wasn't wearing her hair up when I gave it to her.
smile.gif

This is why i love this board...I was visiting today for some sort of hair Rx because my ends are getting nasty crunchy with this weather and indoor heating. There is hope!!! I'm going to try this for awhile when I'm bunned all up (or BUNdled up in this chill).
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:
Hi BRH ~

It's good to see you here!
wave.gif
I'm not Leejure but I use Hot Six Oil. I apply it first. I'm not sure if the oil followed by vaseline is overkill, though. Either way, the vaseline is the last product I place on my hair. HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks !!!
smile.gif
Vaseline last. I'll remember that.

You all, the Proclaim "vaseline" is $1.69 at Sally's.

I'm in. This is the first year that I'll be putting my hair up exclusively since the weather is getting colder. Normally, I just use oils on my hair. But after viewing your pics, the proof is in the pudding. You have one beautiful head of hair. Thanks for the tip
smile.gif

Yes, your hair is gorgeous! Does my Constant Care for Ends count? I started using it back in the Wanakee days and it has worked very well for me. It is a petrolatum product with the consistency of vaseline. Also, since I already have a jar of vaseline, I can start anytime I want...like now!

Here I is, Lee!!!!
wave.gif
"I's in!!! I's in!!!" How's the baby??? Don't I remember your weaning dramas!!! How time flies!!!! Now I'm prego!!!
shocked.gif

Back