I Double-dare YOU to take the 7 day V-challenge!

[ QUOTE ]
leejure said:
DEBYJAY...Don't be scurred!
laugh.gif
After the end of the week, you are going to wonder why it took you so long to give it a try!
-lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Gurllll, you ought to be in sales....I'm in.

Can't do it this week but I think I will go for it next week....but I'll be substituting the vaseline for Proclaim Coconut Oil (it's just petroleum anyway). Plus, I'm on the hair products challenge and can't buy anything. But I could use that vaseline on my lips...
sekret.gif
Where's Allandra?
naughty.gif

I've actually been using Coconut Oil/Grease that's mainly petroleum based. It especially works wonders for my new growth.

By the way, I'm really considering going back to being natural. I think I've finally found some staples for hair.

So far:

-Creme of Nature Shampoo
-Grease on wet hair before drying
-Infusium 23 to add protein
-Some kind of twist/braid technique to further lock in moisture
-Under the bonnet hair drying.

laugh.gif

excited!

So, I might just start transitioning.

I'll do it ...count me in too! I'll start this evening!

Ballet Bun ...
rosebud.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I am talking about the amount of vaseline that WANDA (In Living Color) used to use to lubricate lips...I am talking a good amount, okay?!

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
I'm going to try this. I already do something similar with Palmer's Coconut Hair Oil (grease). But Vaseline is a whole lot cheaper. I have a giant tub of baby Vaseline (smells like baby powder) that I purchased to base my scalp before relaxers.
smile.gif

Okay I started this morning. I used the hairgrease that I bought in August.

Stayfro or some red grease.
Ingredients:Petroleum, Mineral Oil, Vitamin E, Wheat Germ Oil, and of course that red coloring.
Consistency: Like red vaseline
What I did:
Washed hair last night.
This morning I put my hair into a low ponytail.
Used the WGO first, then I take a big ole scoop with the pointer finger and then put it on my ponytail.
Coat until hair looks like a wooden stake (you'll poke your eye out).
Put into my ponytail donut bun.

Is this right? When do I wash? Do I have wash everyday or does it matter since it's going only on my ends, and I stay in protective styles?

I have been mostly wearing a bun every since the protective styles challenge. Since doing that Challenge I have to say my ends are looking wonderful. And I CO wash almost daily. I am most definately going to try this challenge starting tomorrow - after I run out and buy some vaseline and wild hair growth oil which I ran out of about 5 mos ago and never replenished but believe it was a great help for increased growth - not to mention softened up the new growth. It's just so expensive. I tried the olive oil thing and have been using it but it's not the same as WHGO. Count down begins tomorrow.

Wow, thanks for all the info, I am definitely going to try this. I wish I had known about this method a week ago. I am in Panama now where the living is easy but the sun and humidity have killed my hair. I have been washing every other day and letting it airdry, but I think this Vaselline method would have helped. In fact, I have a couple days left here, so I am going to run out now and get some. . .

i finally tried this last night. i put a nice amount of vaseline on my ends then put my hair in the usual bun for the night. i was really scared me hair would be weighted down in the morning because it was so stiff. however, this morning when i took my hair down it was so silky and smooth! and it wasn't even stiff anymore. i'm am definitely a firm believer in vaseline now!

[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:
But I thought petroleum was a no no??? :whining:

[/ QUOTE ]

On your scalp it's not good although some use it as a base immediately before relaxing.

The way its being used in this challenge to seal in moisture on wet ends is actually beneficial.
smile.gif

Count me in!!! My hair definately needs a break and I am more than game.

I love LHCF! I have learned sooo much from you ladies in the past few days. Thanks.
user.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:
[ QUOTE ]
leejure said:
Oil the last few inches of your hair. I mean oil it to wear it is "stuck" (if you will) together and you can poke someone in the eye with your hair! No is does not take a lot of vaseline to do this, but you will need enough to get the "poking-in-the-eye" effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
"poking-in-the-eye" effect!
rofl.gif
Love it! Your tips are great. I was pretty impressed with the effect vaseline had on my ends. It's especially great now because there is *no* moisture in the air.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

-lee

[ QUOTE ]
brownrelaxedhair said:
Question. Would I use my Hot Six Oil before vaseline or after? which seals in which or should I just use vaseline only?

Thanks, I'll try this challenge some time soon but wanted to know about these 2 things that I have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vaseline would be fine. But if you want to use both, definitely use the oil BEFORE the vaseline. The vaseline will seal the oil.
wink.gif

-lee

I have another question, can you do this on dry hair, not just a trouble patch. I wash and condition my hair, but I also flat iron it and then wear it in donut bun throughout the rest of the week. Will my ends benefit even though my hair is dry?

[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:
But I thought petroleum was a no no??? :whining:

[/ QUOTE ]

See, that was an issue and for a while, I never commented how beneficial it has been for me. The thing is this...YOU DON'T WANT TO BUT THE VASELINE ON YOUR SCALP, meaning, don't grease your scalp with the vaseline, but you DO want to put it on your hair. You scalp is living/breathing so you don't want to clog it with the vasline...but your hair is dead, so the vaseline on the hair is perfectly fine!
smile.gif

-lee

[ QUOTE ]
AJamericanDiva said:
Here I is, Lee!!!!
wave.gif
"I's in!!! I's in!!!" How's the baby??? Don't I remember your weaning dramas!!! How time flies!!!! Now I'm prego!!!
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

DIVA!!!
wave.gif
...Yes the weaning drama is over. For 17 months and I got the breast to show for it!
laugh.gif
My son is great! Getting so big and talking too-too much!!! I remember your prego announcement! I am so happy for you! Girl, your hair is about to grow like crazy!!! I am so jealous!

TC
kiss.gif

-lee

I'm in Lee. My ends are so dry its a constant battle, so I'll give it a try. BTW, your hair is beautiful!

Double Dog Dare?? Oh like I'm a chicken or something? Dang! Can't refuse a Double Dog Dare. I think that's a mortal sin or somethin'! I'm in. I'll start tomorrow.

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
Okay I started this morning. I used the hairgrease that I bought in August.

Stayfro or some red grease.

Ingredients:Petroleum, Mineral Oil, Vitamin E, Wheat Germ Oil, and of course that red coloring.
Consistency: Like red vaseline
What I did:
Washed hair last night.
This morning I put my hair into a low ponytail.
Used the WGO first, then I take a big ole scoop with the pointer finger and then put it on my ponytail.
Coat until hair looks like a wooden stake (you'll poke your eye out).
Put into my ponytail donut bun.

Is this right? When do I wash? Do I have wash everyday or does it matter since it's going only on my ends, and I stay in protective styles?

[/ QUOTE ]

EXCELLENT!!!

Now, what you want to do is make sure your either rinse your hair daily or re-wet your ends and then re-vaseline. I tend to wash like every week and every month, I clarify. But sometimes my ends are so nice and moist and feels so good, I go like two weeks without washing. Like you said, it doesn't matter becuase it is always concealed.

-lee

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
I have another question, can you do this on dry hair, not just a trouble patch. I wash and condition my hair, but I also flat iron it and then wear it in donut bun throughout the rest of the week. Will my ends benefit even though my hair is dry?

[/ QUOTE ]

They will, but water is moisture. The idea is to seal that moisture/water with vaseline which makes it extra hydrated and soft. But I have used it in dry ahir after get a pressed and deciding to wear it in a bun, but my ends were not as hydrated as wet and sealing them.

-lee

Skeeg, You can spritz your ends with a little water before applying the vaseline. I do this sometimes when I don't feel like washing.

Back