I Double-dare YOU to take the 7 day V-challenge!

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Is it hard to shampoo out on shampoo days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question... If you are planning to continue to wear your hair in a bun AFTER shampoo days, don't worry about try to scour the vaseline out of your hair, especially if you are going to, once again, repeat the regimen once you finish your shampoo. HOWEVER, if you want to get the vaseline out completely, say you wnat to wear your hair out, etc...then what I do is I that I use a clarfying shampoo or baby shampoo which is just as good and this usually remeoves all vaseline residue. This is awhat I have to do when I want to wear my hair curly. i have to clarify it to get all the grease out of it.

-lee

Thank you Stylepink!
Okay, I am going to leave you ladies with a really good VASELINE TIP...

If you are suffering from really DRY ENDS...then do the following...

I call this the reverse method. Before you get into the shower, Take a good gob of vaseline and add it graciously to your end, then get in the shower and rinse your ahir with nice warm water. Take a brush in the shower with you. Yes a brush, trust me okay...

While the warm water is running down your hair, GENTLY grab the ends of your ahir (which is smoothered with vaseline) and the bursh and gently brush the ends (just the dry ends now, not the whole hair) or your hair. What is going to happen is the brush will work with the water in smoothing out your ends. The vaseline is going to seal the moisture into the dry damage shaft. Once your ends are nice and smooth, add a little leave-in conditioner to your rinse and repeat the light brushing. Once you are finished, get out of the shower and little a little more vaseline (tad more) and style...

-lee

aaaaaaaahhh!!
think.gif

Got ya! Thanks so much!

PS: your hair is lovely!

I'm about 3 days new to the site and I'm on my way to get in the shower to shampoo my hair and saturate it in some vaseline. This is the first step in my goal to waistline hair. I'm 4A and presently have shoulder length hair. I hope this works.

[ QUOTE ]
Rythim said:
I'm about 3 days new to the site and I'm on my way to get in the shower to shampoo my hair and saturate it in some vaseline. This is the first step in my goal to waistline hair. I'm 4A and presently have shoulder length hair. I hope this works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome Rhythim!
wave.gif

This is a great place to learn everything you want to learn about haircare and more!

leejure, you are such a character!! she's the same way in person, yall!!
laugh.gif

i really think this is an awesome challenge because it's short enough that it'll be pretty easy to stick to, but long enough for you to definitely see some results in your hair's health!!!

i encourage anyone who has never tried this to do so, particiularly those that are already wearing buns on a daily basis that may not be sealing in the moisture. i think you will be very pleasantly surprised by the results!!!

way to go, leejure!!

This challenge is pretty exciting to me -- something new for my bun. I realize now my ends may not have been as moisturized as they could have been, all of this time. When I took my hair down this morning to re-wet my ends and re-seal them with vaseline, my hair was so bouncy. Applying the vaseline helps me see my length more too, before I put it back up in my bun. This is something that should work across the board for all hair types.

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
leejure, you are such a character!! she's the same way in person, yall!!
laugh.gif

i really think this is an awesome challenge because it's short enough that it'll be pretty easy to stick to, but long enough for you to definitely see some results in your hair's health!!!

i encourage anyone who has never tried this to do so, particiularly those that are already wearing buns on a daily basis that may not be sealing in the moisture. i think you will be very pleasantly surprised by the results!!!

way to go, leejure!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Look who's talking!!!
laugh.gif
I am laughing too myself right now at some of the crazy stuff you have said in person, on IM and on this board! So don't go there!!!
laugh.gif

Just passing on to the girls the thing that you and I have known about for so long. It is indeed the one thing that I can not do without. I can find a new shampoo, conditioner, whatever...but nothing seals my ends like vaseline! Nothing!

-lee

Re: I Double-dare YOU to take the 7 day V-challeng

[ QUOTE ]
leejure said:
Thank you Stylepink!
Okay, I am going to leave you ladies with a really good VASELINE TIP...

If you are suffering from really DRY ENDS...then do the following...

I call this the reverse method. Before you get into the shower, Take a good gob of vaseline and add it graciously to your end, then get in the shower and rinse your ahir with nice warm water. Take a brush in the shower with you. Yes a brush, trust me okay...

While the warm water is running down your hair, GENTLY grab the ends of your ahir (which is smoothered with vaseline) and the bursh and gently brush the ends (just the dry ends now, not the whole hair) or your hair. What is going to happen is the brush will work with the water in smoothing out your ends. The vaseline is going to seal the moisture into the dry damage shaft. Once your ends are nice and smooth, add a little leave-in conditioner to your rinse and repeat the light brushing. Once you are finished, get out of the shower and little a little more vaseline (tad more) and style...

-lee

[/ QUOTE ]

EXCELLENT TIP!!!
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif

Adrienne,

I was wondering when you were going to chime in! You have been talking about the vaseline for a loooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggg time now. But for what ever reason, I just never thought it would work for me. So far so good!!

Candycane

DIVA!!!
wave.gif
...Yes the weaning drama is over. For 17 months and I got the breast to show for it!
laugh.gif
My son is great! Getting so big and talking too-too much!!! I remember your prego announcement! I am so happy for you! Girl, your hair is about to grow like crazy!!! I am so jealous!

TC
kiss.gif

-lee

[/ QUOTE ]

It may grow like crazy, but I've been reading that it sheds like crazy after the birth.
frown.gif
That'll depress me big time!!!
crazy.gif
Did you have a lot of shedding after the baby was born?
confused.gif

Okay, I have another question. I don't have enough hair to twist into a bun. I use a scrunchie and cover it with my hair. I notice that my hair is moist on the ends, but dry in the middle when I try to fan out my hair around the scrunchie. Does that make a difference? Or does the hair that is exposed have to be vasalined too?

btw got some real vasaline. So I'll be using that.

hey, candycane!

yeah, i haven't been able to read the board as much as i want lately. so i was late seeing this thread. but you know i had to jump on in there!

i'm glad it's working for you so far!!
smile.gif

skegees, i don't think it matters that much about the middle as long as it has some moisture on it. what are you using on the middle part again?

the reason we focus the Vaseline on the ends is because it's the oldest part of the hair and more likely to need more moisture. just keep doing it the way you are, and keep an eye on whether or not the middle seems overly dry.

[ QUOTE ]
brittanynic16 said:
The vaseline made my hair kind of hard! Did I do something wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you put it on your hair while it was wet or dry?

I used it tonight on my hair while it was still wet from my conditioner wash. I actually used lots of it on most of my hair (not the scalp) and my ends because lord knows I need it. My hair feels nice and silky now
smile.gif
I can't wait to see how my ends feel in the morning after it's had a chance to penetrate.

I will do it, but I am going to use it on my scalp and everythang. Cause when I was little, I always used to use vaseline and my hair was always thick, and was the longest in my life.

I'll try it. I am "Surging" at my roots...this will be good for my ends that are tied up under the phony pony...and cheap!! Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
brittanynic16 said:
I let is sit for a whole day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you using 100% pure petroleum Vaseline? Is anyone else experiencing hard hair from using Vaseline on their ends?

I must say that I have noticed a difference in my hair when I use my proclaim coconut oil (primarily petroleum) on my ends after washing my hair. Once my hair mostly dries and I go to do my braidout, my ends are soooo soft and they stay soft. I didn't think about it completely but now that this thread is out, I really believe it is the petroleum that's helping!! Glad to know I didn't make this up!

Also, I'm wondering Britannynic if it could be hard water. Some here on this board are using distilled water. I would like to try that too.

brittany, what did put on your hair for moisture? and how did you style your hair after putting the Vaseline on your ends?

Leejure...that tip was D-BOMB. I did the brush thing in the shower tonight and man oh man...how soft and detangling was a breeze as the ends were already smooth. And to my amazement the only products I used was the vaseline and salon selectives moisturizing conditoner. The hair is back up in a bun and the ends feel amazing. Thanks again leejure and adrienne
smile.gif

Back