How Often Do You Have Sex?

Interesting thread.

Just curious...How old are some of you ladies? How old are your DH / SO?

It is wonderful that you all are in a long term relationship and is still getting it in. But you do not find the older you get (talking about 50/60 and up) your drive gets less and less?

What about your DH/SO? I know for a lot of men 50 and over, they have difficulties getting and keeping it up.
I'm 41. Dh 51. Ex-DH 49 and it was working just fine last time I saw it. :look:

From what I've seen :look: in these streets, These older dudes ain't quite what y'all think :look: :lol: If they are fit and take care of themselves, everything is still poppin. Apparently if it was working in their youth, 20/30s it's still fine as they age. If they couldn't get it up 27 or had a low sex drive, they won't be able to at 47.

how many of y'all practice natural family planning? last month i had a pregnancy scare that shook me so good that i don't even want to see it during my fertile window. took 3 pregnancy tests and kicked myself for bowing to the whims of ovulation heat. we were mostly careful but there's always that one time where my brain is mush and the withdrawal method seems like a perfectly good idea...and of course there's is never any withdrawal :nono:

if i was on BC then i could see me being more active but i don't want to use hormonal BC so between that and the first few days of my cycle (when my libido is 0 ) that's a good 10 days of the month down the tube.

how many of y'all practice natural family planning? last month i had a pregnancy scare that shook me so good that i don't even want to see it during my fertile window. took 3 pregnancy tests and kicked myself for bowing to the whims of ovulation heat. we were mostly careful but there's always that one time where my brain is mush and the withdrawal method seems like a perfectly good idea...and of course there's is never any withdrawal :nono:

if i was on BC then i could see me being more active but i don't want to use hormonal BC so between that and the first few days of my cycle (when my libido is 0 ) that's a good 10 days of the month down the tube.
I've never tried it because don't you have to completely avoid sex for several days while you're ovulating? What do you do then? Condoms??

Are you and DH done having kids? If so, have you ever thought about him getting a vasectomy? I didn't want to fool with BC, and DH and I agreed that the onus of family planning and been on my shoulders long enough, coupled with two difficult pregnancy (preeclampsia, emergency C-section) we agreed that he would get snipped. Its been wonderful for our sex life as well!

Are you and DH done having kids? If so, have you ever thought about him getting a vasectomy? I didn't want to fool with BC, and DH and I agreed that the onus of family planning and been on my shoulders long enough, coupled with two difficult pregnancy (preeclampsia, emergency C-section) we agreed that he would get snipped. Its been wonderful for our sex life as well!

nope. we have a 2 year old and we're thinking about trying for #2 in the spring. i feel like it'll be a challenge to get DH to get a vasectomy, esp. since (at least with #1) pregnancy has been easy (almost no morning sickness, easy labor and birth). plus i'm 33 and i feel like until i hit 37/38 there's a chance i may add another, though for now 2 seems like a good number.

but i do agree that a vasectomy would be the best for our sex life. after #2 i might have to do the mini-pill which wasn't bad except it completely dried me out b/c it uses cervical mucus as a barrier. basically, you don't really get wet, which is worst than having to use a condom IMO...but better than an unplanned pregnancy.

nope. we have a 2 year old and we're thinking about trying for #2 in the spring. i feel like it'll be a challenge to get DH to get a vasectomy, esp. since (at least with #1) pregnancy has been easy (almost no morning sickness, easy labor and birth). plus i'm 33 and i feel like until i hit 37/38 there's a chance i may add another, though for now 2 seems like a good number.

but i do agree that a vasectomy would be the best for our sex life. after #2 i might have to do the mini-pill which wasn't bad except it completely dried me out b/c it uses cervical mucus as a barrier. basically, you don't really get wet, which is worst than having to use a condom IMO...but better than an unplanned pregnancy.
I used to be on that mini pill years ago, I do remember the dryness but that’s all BC. Try astroglide. Have you thought about a copper IUD??

I can vouch for the MACA. I started taking it for hair and had to stop taking it because it was making me horny as hell.
I remember when this was all the rage years ago for your hair, so I tried it. I was like a horny teenager and I already have a over high sex Drive. I couldn’t get enough sex. If I wasn’t having sex, I was self sexing all the time too. So then I came to the board and read that was a side effect :eek::lachen:I stopping taking it.

If you don't want to try hormones what about a copper IUD?

I do but I use a machine, lady comp. so far so good and it's been years.

Back