How Often Do You Have Sex?

I'm single but very recently decided (literally on Saturday LOL) that I will be a wife in the future.I have spent the last two years quite deflated after a toxic relationship with a narcissist imploded and truly doubted if I wanted a marriage in my future.

So hearing about how long you all have been married and how intimately connected you are with your husbands/SOs really is inspiring.

I can understand how you feel because
I don't consider 2x per week a low sex drive.

Especially when bf keeps meeting men his age at work who are lucky to get some once a month or two at best :look:

WHAT?! Once or twice a month? I know couples get busy but gracious!! At least look at it for 15 minutes twice a week so it can get some kinda action.

Ladies who are having sessions, (more than once a day) do y'all have kids? If so, what are the age range? Before kids, me and my Dh use to have maybe 3 sessions per day or at the least every other day. Now with a 3 year old and another on the way, not so much. Pre pregnancy (with a 3 year old in the house) at least 5 times per week (1 time per day). With current pregnancy 1 time per week.

Ladies who are having sessions, (more than once a day) do y'all have kids? If so, what are the age range? Before kids, me and my Dh use to have maybe 3 sessions per day or at the least every other day. Now with a 3 year old and another on the way, not so much. Pre pregnancy (with a 3 year old in the house) at least 5 times per week (1 time per day). With current pregnancy 1 time per week.

My daughter is grown and out of the house. Congrats on your pregnancy.

Seems like FOREVAAAAAA!!!! Its been a good 2 years now... Im single, but I think now, due to my own detriment... :perplexed:

ETA: After a handful of guys I can do self better! #notoys I need to try harder though, vetting etc... Le sigh #mystory

tenor.gif

Last edited:
How do y'all get anything done though? Am I just using my time poorly? Maybe two sessions per week. Each session is at least an hour so to do that more than twice per week means I miss out on sleep or don't get my work done or something. We still can't manage quickies so I can't up my count :cry3::cry3::(

Ok so nobody knows? Does the libido get back to normal? It's been 2 years since my child was born and it's still low. I want to get back to what it was before!!

How do y'all get anything done though? Am I just using my time poorly? Maybe two sessions per week. Each session is at least an hour so to do that more than twice per week means I miss out on sleep or don't get my work done or something. We still can't manage quickies so I can't up my count :cry3::cry3::(

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe I don't use my time in the most efficient manner lol. But I am in the opposite. I like a few short rounds in 1 session. I don't enjoy long sessions.

According to Fitbit I have been sleeping an average of 3 hrs and 17 to 3 hrs and 42 mins a night for about the last year. I have never slept much unless I was sick with a fever so I have plenty of time lol.

About seven times a month tops. I've never had a very high libido. I enjoy it when it happens, but I just don't find myself wanting it more frequently.

What's interesting is there was a time when I was ingesting a lot of turmeric for the health benefits, and that definitely had me "in the mood" more often. But for whatever reason I stopped taking it.

Yes, they tried to put me on some prescription meds about 2 yrs ago for sleeping. The first time I took them, I opened the front door in the middle of the night and left it open. Removed all pictures off of the walls and laid them out on the floor and took my tshirt off. I didn't remember a thing and I was alone that night and thankfully nothing bad happened to me. I never took those pills again or any other sleep aids, that's how shook it left me.

Yes, they tried to put me on some prescription meds about 2 yrs ago for sleeping. The first time I took them, I opened the front door in the middle of the night and left it open. Removed all pictures off of the walls and laid them out on the floor and took my tshirt off. I didn't remember a thing and I was alone that night and thankfully nothing bad happened to me. I never took those pills again or any other sleep aids, that's how shook it left me.
Thank God you're OK! That sounds traumatic. Yeah you are better off them- look how quickly people become addicted as well!

Wowww. Do you feel your current sleep pattern is harming you in any way?

Wowww. Do you feel your current sleep pattern is harming you in any way?

I'm sure it is slowly taking a toll on my body and it's not healthy but right now I don't give it much thought. I just keep it moving and living my life. It's so normal to me know I only really notice it if I get less that 2 hrs, then I can tell, other than that it's business as usual.

I'm assuming the women who are getting it in frequently are attracted to their husbands or have partners that really know what they like so it's satisfying. What about the women who aren't attracted to their husbands?

Oh and to answer the questions, currently at 0 times a week with a partner. I've been (98%) celibate for a year. But I want it all the time

I'm assuming the women who are getting it in frequently are attracted to their husbands or have partners that really know what they like so it's satisfying. What about the women who aren't attracted to their husbands?

Oh and to answer the questions, currently at 0 times a week with a partner. I've been (98%) celibate for a year. But I want it all the time

I am not married and never will be but I cannot even fathom being with someone that I'm not attracted to. If I am in love with you and you get severely burned in a fire, that is not going to change the fact that I love you and I ain't going no where, because if I am in love with you that means I am attracted to more than your outward appearance.

Now sis, why are you not getting your toes curled on the regular and you got a man? Inquiring minds want to know :lachen:

Are you in an arranged marriage? Why be with someone your not attracted to?

There's only one person I can think of who would admit to that and she may be on hiatus from the board. :look:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On frequency:
I'm not a fan of Dr. Laura but I did read 10 stupid things women do to mess up their lives when I was very young and one thing she advised was to have sex with your husband even if you don't feel like it. Now at first that sounds slightly rapey but put it in the following context - Do you not brush your teeth because you don't feel like it? Do you not take a shower because you don't feel like it? How many things do you do with and for your kids/parents/friends that you don't feel like but do it anyway? Life is full of things getting done that you don't feel like doing and most of them you feel better for doing afterwards. Sex with your husband is self care for you and a show of affection that he needs both for physical and emotional reasons. So unless something is really wrong with me besides meh level fatigue we stay frequent during our 'on' schedule.

There's only one person I can think of who would admit to that and she may be on hiatus from the board. :look:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On frequency:
I'm not a fan of Dr. Laura but I did read 10 stupid things women do to mess up their lives when I was very young and one thing she advised was to have sex with your husband even if you don't feel like it. Now at first that sounds slightly rapey but put it in the following context - Do you not brush your teeth because you don't feel like it? Do you not take a shower because you don't feel like it? How many things do you do with and for your kids/parents/friends that you don't feel like but do it anyway? Life is full of things getting done that you don't feel like doing and most of them you feel better for doing afterwards. Sex with your husband is self care for you and a show of affection that he needs both for physical and emotional reasons. So unless something is really wrong with me besides meh level fatigue we stay frequent during our 'on' schedule.

Yes to ALL of this especially "Sex with your husband is self care for you and a show of affection that he needs both for physical and emotional reasons."

I read a theory that, to keep the connection, there should be at least some manner of intimate touching daily.
I've read something similar which is why we don't sleep in separate beds or not touch during the 12 day separation period.

Didn't realize you were orthodox.
I'm not officially Orthodox yet but it's in the works. The decision to observe family purity predates my second conversion though.

Back