How many of you ladies currently are in an interracial relationship?

Are you in an interracial relationship?

• yes

Votes: 138 50.7%
  • no

Votes: 113 41.5%
  • I'm biracial.

Votes: 21 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The relationship was initially wonderful. The man was so open to communication. When we spent time together it was always great. The best i ever had in bed. He also told me that I was the best he ever had and how much he enjoyed spending time with me. Then he just fell of the face of the earth. Avoided all of my call and emails for a long period of time. Then recently called and wanted to do lunch as if nothing happened. When i asked why he totally got beside himself. So i was not comfortable with the response and he is no longer.

That's awful Val. Im sorry.

My boyfriend of 2 years is mixed with white and mexican. I've only dated 2 black men in my life... and both of those relationships were a short period time (3 months and 1 week). Lately, I've found the idea of dating a strong, intelligent black man very enticing... My boyfriend has called me out about my crush on Will Smith when we watched I am Legend. :grin:

I have been married to my DH (white) for 6.5 years. I Love who I am. The same way I love him. He is a great person. Loves me for me. We get along well and he makes me laugh. We live in the SOUTH. We get weird looks but, oh well.

Interesting thread.. I like seeing black women pair up with different cultures. I must admit that nowadays I see my ideal man as culturally mixed/non-black. The guys I break my neck for are usually from the Mediterranean regions or southeast asian. I didn't always feel this way so some of my friends like to offer to hook me up with black men only and I feel weird telling them they're not my first preference without some uncomfortable explanation lol

Do you mean latino as in Spainard or latinos who are black just born in the latin region?
Spaniards may be called "latin", but they're not called "latino". A latino/a is a person from the spanish speaking countries of the Western Hemisphere. A latino may technically be of any race.

Do LHCF mods merge threads? It seems we have a couple of threads on this topic going on at the same time.

:yep: i am. we met in highschool (he was one of two white people in our school) and we reconnected our sophmore year at college. we've been together 5 years.

I'm half Sicilian (which in itself is a blend of African and Middle Eastern descent), and half European (too many countries to list!).

My boyfriend of 3.5 years is half Colombian and half Indian (from India, not Native American).

I don't really notice the race difference until someone points it out. To me, we're just two people who love each other. To some other people, it's "OH MY GOD look at him with that white girl!"

Can't please everyone. I honestly have never dated within my own race. I am very interested in other cultures, so being with someone who is culturally diverse works out best for me.

We plan on getting married as soon as I finish grad school, so in a bit over 2 years. Both of our families are happy and excited, and neither family has a problem with our relationship.

I know this thread is old...but Sicily is in Europe. You are 100% European.

European doesn't necessarily equal White, though.

The relationship was initially wonderful. The man was so open to communication. When we spent time together it was always great. The best i ever had in bed. He also told me that I was the best he ever had and how much he enjoyed spending time with me. Then he just fell of the face of the earth. Avoided all of my call and emails for a long period of time. Then recently called and wanted to do lunch as if nothing happened. When i asked why he totally got beside himself. So i was not comfortable with the response and he is no longer.

Wow I'm so sorry that happened to you...:hug2:

I am biracial (Congolese mum and Austrian Dad) and my partner is also biracial (English mum Jamaican dad, the usual mix here in the UK). I have never actually seen another biracial-biracial relationship. :scratchch

Last edited:
I'm not in a IR relationship but I'm definitely interested. Something about blending cultures together turns me on lol. I'm attracted to black guys but there aren't a lot where I live and where I spend a lot of my time. I'm finding myself insanely attracted to Asian guys these days but I'm persuadable. At the end of the day as long as there's a connection, race doesn't matter to me.

Hmm sometimes I dont consider white people with hispanic people (unless theyre strongly more Native than Spanish) as IR, just intercultural. Anyone else with hispanic is interracial to me.

Ive only ever dated white men. I dont think I could date anyone who isnt Western(ised). I love different cultures, but it seems like there would be a huge cultural difference. There really arent many cultural differences between white/black americans. For some time we've grown up with the same music, food, tv shows, etc. So I think the cultural differences we jump over are minimal (and psychological) as compared to blending in with other people.

Oh and originally Im from Oklahoma and there are waaay more BW/WM couples there than the other way around.

My So of three years is Filipino. He is the first non-black person I've dated, but he has only dated black women...never even another Filipino.

My soon to be hubby is white. He is the only white person I've ever dated..........funny everyone, except me, thought I would marry a white guy!! It's funny how others have a preconceived notion of who you are because you speak properly, have no problem mingling with others regardless of race, travel the world, eat sushi, snow ski and other extracurricular activities not considered "black"............I have some ignorant cousins!!!!

My hubs is white as indicated by the pic. I've been in plenty of IR relationships: white, asian, indian, hispanic (I have dated black guys too!) But in the end it was my white boy who won over my heart. I found that when I was dating, I didn't attract nearly as many black men as I did every other kind of guy...I'm not sure what it was. In college I dated one black guy (he cheated on me :( ) but could hardly ever get a black guy to look my way...but the hispanic and Filipino boys where sweatin me!!! LOL Whatever, I digress... I'm in a IR and I love it!

I am a mixed chick (1/2 Black and 1/2 Puerto Rican). My husband is White. We have one daughter and are planning for one more LO in the distant future. I only ever dated Black men before my husband. I just happened to fall in love with a White man. I love the fact that people can now be in interracial relationships without a huge amount of resistance. I will make sure my baby knows who she is, and is a proud woman of mixed heritage.

Remini at two months. Already embracing being a Black woman. :lol:

Attachments

• 32042_10150181911060556_726520555_12490462_2294122_n.jpg
    32042_10150181911060556_726520555_12490462_2294122_n.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 54
I've been married for nearly 12 years to a "white" guy. His Dad is white, his mom is white South American. I call him Whitino. :lachen:

Here in metro Detroit, i can honestly count on two hands the amount of BW/WM couples. However, i can count on thousands of hands, maybe milions where there are BM/WM couples.lol! Its nice to see black women exploring their options. I've heard from many of my friends that white men have treated them better than any of the black men whom they dated.

Back