How many of you ladies currently are in an interracial relationship?

Are you in an interracial relationship?

• yes

Votes: 138 50.7%
  • no

Votes: 113 41.5%
  • I'm biracial.

Votes: 21 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My husband is Northern Chinese and I can't get enough of him. He treats me like a queen and I treat him like a king. He's my soul mate and best friend and I could have not asked for a better half!

I am proudly married to a Black man. However, our families are very mixed.

His Grandfather is white, and my Grandmother was half white - and on the other side - there is Cherokee.

So - We are people with the truest of American heritages - many of them.

I am proud to be all of those things.....

Disclaimer: This is my opinion and historical observation.

I don't think it's that interesting.

This is a hair board. Blackness is tied to a lot of things like hair texture, skin color, etc.

Pink:
Straight up no chaser...some women seriously have some issues with being black and want to have a baby that is less black than they are. Men do it all the time and so do women. The same way there are some men out there who just want a mixed baby - there are some women who think the same way.

Red:
Some mixed women wanna know how to deal with a hair texture their mother or father might not have ever known how to handle and when we got older and found this whole new world of hair care and found out that other people out there hair hair like ours and we could learn how to manage it, we all kinda wind up in a similar place.

PS for anyone who is thinking of making some type of comment to be politically in denial/correct to mask the painfully obvious points I just posted above: I'm a mixed woman who has dated outside of her race and my mom and dad both dated and had kids by other races....so please don't do the "you don't know what you are talking about" thing.

To the bolded, ITA- this is totally my experience and LHCF and other hair boards have been so beneficial for me in learning how to take care of my hair. It took 30-some years and the internet for me to learn something this basic- no one in real life could really help.

I Consider myself to be in an interracial relationship! My husband is Mexican and I'm African American and we have two boys. I know most people only consider interracial marriages for black and white couples. However, I totally disagree with that; we are from to different cultures and have very different views. What brought us together, was our love for GOD! Even though we have our differences, the bible has helped us balance our life.

I fell in love with the him not his race.

I Consider myself to be in an interracial relationship! My husband is Mexican and I'm African American and we have two boys. I know most people only consider interracial marriages for black and white couples. However, I totally disagree with that; we are from to different cultures and have very different views. What brought us together, was our love for GOD! Even though we have our differences, the bible has helped us balance our life.

I fell in love with the him not his race.

I didn't even know people thought like this? That's crazy. Well, I'm happy for you! :grin:

I didn't even know people thought like this? That's crazy. Well, I'm happy for you! :grin:

Me either. I considered interracial relationships any relationship thats with someone not of the same race of your own. But thats just me. Interesting.

Its wierd to me, but EVERYBODY assumes that I date white men when in fact I've never have. I don't have anything against IRD, but most black men and women say that I 'look' like I date WHITE, whatever that means. :spinning: I'm trying to figure out WHY this happens......

Last edited:
Its wierd to me, but EVERYBODY assumes that I date white men when in fact I've never have. I don't have anything agains IRD, but most black men and women say that I 'look' like I date WHITE, whatever that means. :spinning: I'm trying to figure out WHY this happens......

I am in the same boat as you. People tend to thinK I dont date black guys lol. Which is weird to me.

I'm part Black, Creole, and Mexican...but since I can't speak any Creole or Spanish, I just check the "African-American/Black" box:look:

My BF is Japanese, but everyone here swears he's Korean..which he's not.

I think "mixing" is awesome! The more we melt our races together, the less people will be able to segreate us from one another!:lots:

Does it count if he's an African from Kenya?:lachen: lol or are we technically the same race? I mean the way he was raised and I was raised is totally different.

No it doesn't count as you are both black people. Culture is not the same as race. Nice try though. :lachen:

I'm part Black, Creole, and Mexican...but since I can't speak any Creole or Spanish, I just check the "African-American/Black" box:look:

My BF is Japanese, but everyone here swears he's Korean..which he's not.

I think "mixing" is awesome! The more we melt our races together, the less people will be able to segreate us from one another!:lots:

It is really sad, but even within races, people still find a way to segregate each other.

I'm half Sicilian (which in itself is a blend of African and Middle Eastern descent), and half European (too many countries to list!).

My boyfriend of 3.5 years is half Colombian and half Indian (from India, not Native American).

I don't really notice the race difference until someone points it out. To me, we're just two people who love each other. To some other people, it's "OH MY GOD look at him with that white girl!"

Can't please everyone. I honestly have never dated within my own race. I am very interested in other cultures, so being with someone who is culturally diverse works out best for me.

We plan on getting married as soon as I finish grad school, so in a bit over 2 years. Both of our families are happy and excited, and neither family has a problem with our relationship.

Well, according to him I am white and he is black :rofl: It's a good thing I have this brown tan though, to the untrained eye, most people think we're both black.

I was until recently. The outcome was worse than any other relationship I have ever had. back to the brothers for me.

The relationship was initially wonderful. The man was so open to communication. When we spent time together it was always great. The best i ever had in bed. He also told me that I was the best he ever had and how much he enjoyed spending time with me. Then he just fell of the face of the earth. Avoided all of my call and emails for a long period of time. Then recently called and wanted to do lunch as if nothing happened. When i asked why he totally got beside himself. So i was not comfortable with the response and he is no longer.

The relationship was initially wonderful. The man was so open to communication. When we spent time together it was always great. The best i ever had in bed. He also told me that I was the best he ever had and how much he enjoyed spending time with me. Then he just fell of the face of the earth. Avoided all of my call and emails for a long period of time. Then recently called and wanted to do lunch as if nothing happened. When i asked why he totally got beside himself. So i was not comfortable with the response and he is no longer.

Wow... I'm sorry this happened to you. I thinke he was just a moron. :yep: I understnad where your coming from. Thanks for sharing.

You know, my SO and I are so alike, that I never view our relationship in an interracial light. He's dominican and I'm Black, aside from the fact that his people speak spanish, he was born in Harlem (like me), he's an 80s baby (like me) and my hair has never been an anomaly for him :giggle:....so I don't look at it that way, but I guess I am :rolleyes:

Wow...this is just like what happened to me a few weeks ago.My now ex so and I had our future all planned out and out of nowhere stopped calling didn't answer my calls..then recently calls me to hang out like nothing just happened either:huh:.Some guys can be such :censored:

Some guys are just like that. They have issues getting close to people. I dated a guy like that.

Back