How many of you ladies currently are in an interracial relationship?

Are you in an interracial relationship?

• yes

Votes: 138 50.7%
  • no

Votes: 113 41.5%
  • I'm biracial.

Votes: 21 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SleepyJean

It seems like many women on lhcf are in an interracial relationship or are products of an interracial relationship. I think it's really interesting. I know interracial relationships are not popular where I leave. I do live in the South, though. I personally don't care. Never really have. Well...that's a lie. I do not care, now. :lol:

Last edited:
Well there is a little difference. I want to know how many people are currently in an interracial relationship (not in the past or would like to be or who agree with it in principle). So, I am looking foward to these answers and maybe even comparing them. ie How many people are ok with IR relationships as opposed to how many people are currently in one.

The results of the poll might suffer from some bias: It's possible that those most likely to click and read this thread are those in IRs, hence the results of the poll so far (which show the vast, vast majority of those responding are in IRs).

guilty as charged! I'm ashamed to admit that I only dated black or latino men before and I wouldn't consider men of other races.

It seems like many women on lhcf are in an interracial relationship or are products of an interracial relationship. I think it's really interesting. I know interracial relationships are not popular where I leave. I do live in the South, though. I personally don't care. Never really have. Well...that's a lie. I do not care, now. :lol:

Disclaimer: This is my opinion and historical observation.

I don't think it's that interesting.

This is a hair board. Blackness is tied to a lot of things like hair texture, skin color, etc.

Pink:
Straight up no chaser...some women seriously have some issues with being black and want to have a baby that is less black than they are. Men do it all the time and so do women. The same way there are some men out there who just want a mixed baby - there are some women who think the same way.

Red:
Some mixed women wanna know how to deal with a hair texture their mother or father might not have ever known how to handle and when we got older and found this whole new world of hair care and found out that other people out there hair hair like ours and we could learn how to manage it, we all kinda wind up in a similar place.

PS for anyone who is thinking of making some type of comment to be politically in denial/correct to mask the painfully obvious points I just posted above: I'm a mixed woman who has dated outside of her race and my mom and dad both dated and had kids by other races....so please don't do the "you don't know what you are talking about" thing.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion and historical observation.

I don't think it's that interesting.

This is a hair board. Blackness is tied to a lot of things like hair texture, skin color, etc.

Pink:
Straight up no chaser...some women seriously have some issues with being black and want to have a baby that is less black than they are. Men do it all the time and so do women. The same way there are some men out there who just want a mixed baby - there are some women who think the same way.

Red:
Some mixed women wanna know how to deal with a hair texture their mother or father might not have ever known how to handle and when we got older and found this whole new world of hair care and found out that other people out there hair hair like ours and we could learn how to manage it, we all kinda wind up in a similar place.

PS for anyone who is thinking of making some type of comment to be politically in denial/correct to mask the painfully obvious points I just posted above: I'm a mixed woman who has dated outside of her race and my mom and dad both dated and had kids by other races....so please don't do the "you don't know what you are talking about" thing.

I don't think anyone would criticize your comment. It isn't offensive, imo. I hadn't thought about the bolded. I guess that does explain much.

You would be surprised...lol.

The part you bolded pretty much applies to me :yep:

Aww Suerte! I do not find your comment to be offensive either. The truth is the truth even if that truth is a sad and twisted one.

I am currently dating an Irish man. Before him I was in a 10 yr relationship with a half black, half Italian man and before him a 4 yr relationship with a Black Man. I can’t really go into detail about why this or how did it happen or if I was somehow sold because of my color to be in an interracial relationship. The truth is I LOVE being Black! And when dealing with anyone of any racial background including my own they will have to accept me and my natural nappy roots and all.

I don’t have any racial, interracial, color complexity stories here…I just merely feel in love with someone who happened to be White, before I feel in love with someone who happened to be bi-racial and before him someone who was Black.

Men are men and for the most part all three had the same characteristics. They all like sports, playing around with the guys, Victoria Secrets – haha and Food! However, I do feel that the environment and walks of life each came from their opinions and values are different. I do not base this on color or race, but merely the environment.

i said yes because I think I am too? My bf is black and Italian so I figured that would count by...1/4 i guess. Other than that all my other relationships have been really interracial

My current bf is white. I'm black and mexican and my ex-husband was Italian so I guess you could say I'm pretty diverse. :grin:

Seems kind of taboo to be married to a yt person around here lately...

Um.......no. It isn't taboo at all. :perplexed I was just trying to see the percentages of IRLs around here. I think it's more normal nowadays. It still isn't seen in the South as often as it is in the North and East, though.

My current bf is white. I'm black and mexican and my ex-husband was Italian so I guess you could say I'm pretty diverse.

I would say so! :grin:

Last edited:
Does it count if he's an African from Kenya?:lachen: lol or are we technically the same race? I mean the way he was raised and I was raised is totally different.

I'm not...I feel like it is only a matter of time due to where I work and live now. I have come to terms with it.

Well I asked my DH. I said if we have a baby and I'm black and you're african would it be biracial. You know he laughed at me. Our cultures couldn't be more different and I love it. It's like he was raised to be a gentleman from way back in the 50's with opening doors and everything. His friends are the same. I may just be a rude person, but when I come into a room I speak to everyone in one big hello. They come in and they greet each person individually and make small talk and hug each person. I'm not use to getting hugs from strangers so it took a little getting use to. It's very interesting.

Well I asked my DH. I said if we have a baby and I'm black and you're african would it be biracial. You know he laughed at me. Our cultures couldn't be more different and I love it. It's like he was raised to be a gentleman from way back in the 50's with opening doors and everything. His friends are the same. I may just be a rude person, but when I come into a room I speak to everyone in one big hello. They come in and they greet each person individually and make small talk and hug each person. I'm not use to getting hugs from strangers so it took a little getting use to. It's very interesting.

:lachen: I'm laughing too. Umm no unless your man is a white or Asian African your baby would not be biracial.

My husband is Mexican. It's funny because I have dated every kind of man, black, white, skinny, fat, but I can honestly say my husband and another Mexican dude I dated loved me for me.

Not say that I was actively seeking a Mexican, because I did not realized it until I was married, but alot of insecurities stemming for a relation with this one guy who happened to be AA, was not present.

I love EVERYTHING about my culture, but he was like "why you never get a weave in," or the only reason we were together was because I was lighter than him and growing up there was alot of that around (Texas).

But now I find myself constantly justifying why I married outside my race and not to my family, but to those classmates that thought it was the epitome of making it to sleep with white girls.

To quote Mike Jones, "Back then didn't want me, now I'm hot..." wanna hate me for finding someone who doesn't see me as the novelty "black girl."

^ the weave situation was from the African American. He was trying to mold me into someone else, when I was not trying to change him, loved him flaws and all. But he wanted a fly girl and it was so not my personality and I never claimed to be.

My husband is Mexican. It's funny because I have dated every kind of man, black, white, skinny, fat, but I can honestly say my husband and another Mexican dude I dated loved me for me.

Not say that I was actively seeking a Mexican, because I did not realized it until I was married, but alot of insecurities stemming for a relation with this one guy who happened to be AA, was not present.

I love EVERYTHING about my culture, but he was like "why you never get a weave in," or the only reason we were together was because I was lighter than him and growing up there was alot of that around (Texas).

But now I find myself constantly justifying why I married outside my race and not to my family, but to those classmates that thought it was the epitome of making it to sleep with white girls.

To quote Mike Jones, "Back then didn't want me, now I'm hot..." wanna hate me for finding someone who doesn't see me as the novelty "black girl."

I'm sorry about everything that you feel/felt. I know Texas and the South in general can be like that. I don't know if it is like that in the North.

Thanks for sharing! :grin:

It's so funny that you posted this because I live in Sugar Land (suburb of Houston of course), and interracial relationships sure as heck are not popular here. Wait a minute...isn't this the good ole' boy state though?

Back