How long do you wait before giving it up?

I know, right?! Same here and in fact I believe it goes both ways. I can't tell you how many times women friends and family feel so emotionally invested in why I wait until marriage and basically telling me that there is no point to do so.

As someone who's waiting for marriage I don't care how soon it takes for someone else to sleep with a person since it's not really my business. Just didn't wanna be added to the group your referencing :lachen: so i had to add my two cents. :grin:

Last edited:
I know, right?! Same here and in fact I believe it goes both ways. I can't tell you how many times women friends and family feel so emotionally invested in why I wait until marriage and basically telling me that there is no point to do so.

I think thats very disrespectful of them! :nono:

I personally do not care when someone sleeps with someone else, whether its their first date or their marriage night. I know what is good for me, and that's what really matters, I don't care what you do with your vagina if your speed is too fast for me thats fine, because its YOUR vagina not mine. I'll start worrying about it when other women magically have the ability to control my vagina.

What I don't approve of is putting all the responsibility of sex on the woman. I think thats ridiculous.

OP when you meet some more mature and responsible men, and get your mind out of these hard and fast stereotypes, you will see that just because they aren't pressuring you into sex, doesn't mean they aren't interested, and you will probably have an overall better dating experiences.

I think thats very disrespectful of them! :nono:

I personally do not care when someone sleeps with someone else, whether its their first date or their marriage night. I know what is good for me, and that's what really matters, I don't care what you do with your vagina if your speed is too fast for me thats fine, because its YOUR vagina not mine. I'll start worrying about it when other women magically have the ability to control my vagina.

What I don't approve of is putting all the responsibility of sex on the woman. I think thats ridiculous.

OP when you meet some more mature and responsible men, and get your mind out of these hard and fast stereotypes, you will see that just because they aren't pressuring you into sex, doesn't mean they aren't interested, and you will probably have an overall better dating experiences.

@ 1st Bolded :lachen::lachen:
@2nd Bolded: ITA :yep:

I believe a women should wait exactly 2months 1 week 3 days and 6 hours... really though did u want some exact date? Lmao! I just asked some of my close guy friends and they said they don't base their respect for a women on how fast they sleep with them. It has to do with multiple factors actually.

I believe a women should wait exactly 2months 1 week 3 days and 6 hours... really though did u want some exact date? Lmao! I just asked some of my close guy friends and they said they don't base their respect for a women on how fast they sleep with them. It has to do with multiple factors actually.

^^NO NO NO! You got it all wrong! It's 2 months 1 week 3 days 6 hours and 15 MINUTES. If you don't include the 15 minutes, then obviously you are LOOSE! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

People can be rude. I've had two people say that it was stupid to wait till marriage. A guy will just cheat on you if he has to wait apparently (According to woman). The guy just said it was stupid (I wouldn't waste my time with his type anyway lol)

My friend lost her virginity, but I didn't find out until sometime later in a group conversation because she thought I would judge her. This irritates me the most. I've never spoken negatively about what any of my friends do that I don't (Don't smoke or drink really either), but people assume I'll judge them for some reason. Hate it.

Last edited:
I slept with my SO on the first night...yep I'm a whore... :look::look::look:

It was actually my first time ever doing that... and I actually did it on purpose, because I wanted to have a 1 night stand and help with getting over my ex... so my SO was initially suppose to be my rebound/1st one night stand...

BUT his silly arse is still around after 2 years... :lachen::lachen::lachen: I love him though, so it works...

In my free fun days (I stayed a virgin until I was 22 then had a "fun year" lol) I would enjoy hooking up. But when I wanted to get serious I waited until we got to know eachother a little better, both wanted the same thing, etc before I jumped in the bed. My DB of 1 year and I both knew we wanted to be serious and plan a future together. We waited a little over 3 months before :superbanana: and I scored myself a future hubby. (not that it can't happen without waiting) things just seem more respectful, and meaningful. I do know friends who jumped in quick and still got married or kept their men.

Last edited:
A while. In regards to stranger dating anyway.

It's not for reasons connected with giving a good impression with men though. I just need to know as far as I'm concerned that the person I'm giving the best of me to isn't a moron.

Generally secrets, lies and character flaws need more than a night or week to crop up. If I ended up sleeping with a married guy, or something I'd be so pissed, but it's quite common. Not just that, but stupid men in general.

One of my friends gives it up early and she said she doesn't care about that particularly. I don't know why I do but can't help it. Don't feel I can tell if they deserve this in one, or two dates.

1 year! Dang...maybe I'm out of touch with reality here. I've been celebate (by choice) for 5 months now and I'm just about ready to beat somebody upside the head and drag him off. LOL....I'm starting to look at brotha's sideways that I normally wouldn't spare a second glance at.

Seriously though....I don't do the set time thing. I did when I was younger (early 20's), but as I got older I just do what I feel like. If I like you and we got serious chemistry then why not? But then...I'm 40 and pretty much set in my way. In order words...I do what I want, when I want and don't care who doesn't like it. But I'm a special breed of woman....unique if I do say so myself.

:)

I would be so mad if I waited a year or more to sleep with a guy and found out he had a micro-penis..I would just disintegrate through self combustion..I would be too through

Honestly I am curious what folks opinions are and I have no reason to judge folks based on their responses here. I am Caribbean and it is frowned upon for a women to sleep with a guy right away but I know the American culture is a lot more casual about sex.

I don't see anything wrong telling my friend his girl seems easy, he is saying she moves too fast for him and he does not want any pressure.

She wants a child and has told him this already and that is why I said I don't trust her motives and is moving fast. I just don't see it ending well. He is my friend so of course I want the best for him but I understand he is an adult and will do what he wants.

My post really is about how soon is to soon. I gave a back story because that is what got me thinking about it. I really did not need to share the backstory had I known it would offend some.

wow you caribbean and ? Im really interested in knowing your age...I was raised in the caribbean and went to an all girls very conservative catholic school...some of the girls actually had sex on school premises in thier early teens...(so much to that ) just because its frowned upon does not mean it aint happening ??? This is the 21st century and all these double standards need to stop!!!

Wow, this thread is still going...lol

lesedi I was actually excited to click on your link and see some ratchet heauxs...but alas, nothing LOL

racheljay1985 Is that your man in your siggy? He's cute and all the best men are service men (my dad and grandpas included)...pat on the back for waiting with him LOL

I have nothing else to add to this thread...that hasn't already been said

I would be so mad if I waited a year or more to sleep with a guy and found out he had a micro-penis..I would just disintegrate through self combustion..I would be too through

for the record, there is very small likelihood of running into a micro-peen guy. women on this board often mention it but i think expectations of 'average' are overblown for reasons...well i won't go there. suffice it to say that 0.6% of men have micros so the likelihood of running into one would be rare. now 'small' may be different depending on expectations. but a micro is a medically documented condition in which it measures 7cm or just over 2 inches when erect. :sad:

for the record, there is very small likelihood of running into a micro-peen guy. women on this board often mention it but i think expectations of 'average' are overblown for reasons...well i won't go there. suffice it to say that 0.6% of men have micros so the likelihood of running into one would be rare. now 'small' may be different depending on expectations. but a micro is a medically documented condition in which it measures 7cm or just over 2 inches when erect. :sad:

Awww poor guys

Someone I know told me about running into a micro in real life. She said it was smaller than her pinky. I have been afraid of finding one ever since.

1 year! Dang...maybe I'm out of touch with reality here. I've been celebate (by choice) for 5 months now and I'm just about ready to beat somebody upside the head and drag him off. LOL....I'm starting to look at brotha's sideways that I normally wouldn't spare a second glance at.

Seriously though....I don't do the set time thing. I did when I was younger (early 20's), but as I got older I just do what I feel like. If I like you and we got serious chemistry then why not? But then...I'm 40 and pretty much set in my way. In order words...I do what I want, when I want and don't care who doesn't like it. But I'm a special breed of woman....unique if I do say so myself.

:)

I think a lot of women have this attitude irl. Its just this board where everyone seems to have these set in stone rules and regulations.

I say you do it when you are comfortable with doing it; whether it’s the first date or until marriage.

As for me, I'm not waiting a year. A place a very high emphasis on coloring and I refuse to invest time only to find out we are not compatible in that area.

I cannot perpetrate that coloring isn’t that big of a deal for me that I can go a year(s) to find out.

I feel that as a grown woman I can have sex whenever I choose to. I'm not a big fan of timetables and pre-determined timeframes for having sex and other things in a relationship. It kind of feels high schoolish to me to worry about how long I should hold out. When to have sex depends on the people involved. However, I am speaking as an older woman. It was different when I was younger.

For me, personally, I probably wouldn't have sex with someone within the first several months because I know that's not enough time for me to start feeling that way for the person. But everyone is different and I wouldn't knock someone who did/does get that loving feeling very early in the relationship.

For me - marriage.

Everyone else can do what they want with their instruments. I mean, we do not collectively get stds/hiv, so I am not worried about - who/what/how many/how soon - someone sleeps with another person.

I admit, I do wonder how people can so easily give their body to another person, but I also do not let it bother me.

This may be true but I bet someone said the same thing until BAM! There it is..right there staring at you.

Back