How Far Away Are YOU From Your Goal...

How Many Inches Are You From Your Next Length Goal?

• less than .05! Almost there!

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 1- 1 1/2 inches

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 1-2inches

Votes: 31 6.4%
  • 2-3 inches

Votes: 107 21.9%
  • 3 or more....I've got a long way...

Votes: 328 67.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1. How long is your hair now? neck length
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 5 inches (APL)
3. What are you doing to get there? Doing the Crown and Glory Method and MT/OCT daily
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? Hopefully by Dec '09

1. How long is your hair now? Im full APL now
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? I say 2-3inches. I might need a trim
3. What are you doing to get there? Im wearing protective hairstyles(braids and wigs) JBCO, MTG, DC weekly, Moisturize dailly and stretching for a year
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? Till my next relaxer in Sept.

1. How long is your hair now? APL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 1-2 in. I won't claim it until I'm FULL BSL (not just the tip of the "V")
3. What are you doing to get there? Protective styles: sew-ins & half wigs
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? End of '09

Last edited:
My hair is currently relaxed with about 1 1/2 inches of newgrowth. It is longer up top and shorter around the back and hairline. I had a short relaxed cut prior to my decision to transition. The longer parts are mainly my relaxed ends that my hubby won't let me cut off! :wallbash: :look: If combed back after washed and wet it will be approximately 2 inches from the nape area. It's usually packed down from my wig when dry.:grin: I hope to get BSL but can be very appreciative of APL :yep:...so I voted that I am a long ways off. I really shouldn't be in this thread because I'm trying to focus more on my hair health more than growth, which has not been too hard to do since I know it's growing (slowly) and I've been trying to keep cute wigs over it.

Soooo......

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 2-3 inches
3. What are you doing to get there? Two-strand twist
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? until August'09

1. How long is your hair now?
APL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal?
SIX INCHES
3. What are you doing to get there?
MEGA TEK WHEN IN PROTECTIVE STYLES
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal?
IDK THINKING ABOUT THE BIG CHOP

1. How long is your hair now? MBL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 3 inches all over
3. What are you doing to get there? bunning and waiting...
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? Mid-summer.

Last edited:
Soooo......

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 2-3 inches
3. What are you doing to get there? Two-strand twist
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? until August'09

I just checked my last length check. I may have 1-2 inches left to go for my goal if some are correct with a more accurate measurement of BSL be the lower shoulder blade.

It's funny because everyone wears bras differently. And more importantly everyone's length of their torso is different also.

I've recently seen women who have really long hair and claim to be a certain length. And then there is lil ole me who is short and stumpy:grin: and claim to be the same length.

I just want healthy hair and to look nice.

1. How long is your hair now? Neck length
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 3 inches (full SL)
3. What are you doing to get there? Sticking to my regimen and praying
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? 3 years at least

My goal is MBL BTW.

1. How long is your hair now? Probably SL not full SL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? I don't know how many inches. My goal is to be full brastrap length.
3. What are you doing to get there? Protective styles. Low low manipulation.
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? 2-3 years.

And what are you doing to get there?

I decided to start this thread because I find it funny when people bump up posts from two years ago and they may be SL then. I always wonder how far they are on their HHJ now?

Soooo......

1. How long is your hair now? I'm SL now
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? Not sure, My goal is apl
3. What are you doing to get there? I'm doing DC's, trying to keep up on moisturizing because I have dry hair and I do protein treatments
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? I say June but it doesn't look that way

the pic in my siggy was taken lastnight. How many inches do y'all think I need to get to APL? Oh I need to cut about an inch because I have a lot of split ends.

Man I don't even really have a goal. I am BCing in June, and then I will see what happens from there. I know I want to be a big long natural, but I need to set a realistic goal.... I will go with SL natural for now, and then see where that takes me.

-I'm transitioning (10months post) so my newgrowth is 3-4inches long, about nape length.
- 12inches stretched, bsl.
-Going natural, eating healthy, exercising, and all the other good stuff.
-My hair grows super slow so 3-4 years :sad:.

I have been doing a super protective wrap and phony pony for about six months and I got an inch and a half or more in some places, so I am back at BSL after a horrible perm....no more for me...only tex lax!

Right now I am just leaving my hair alone. I did put a little color in the front tonight for the summer, but other than that it is cowashing, no heat, protein, mositerize and protective. I love coconut oil because it helps the shine and those flakes.

1. How long is your hair now? Midback Length
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 3 inches for waist length-just touching, and a good 5 or 6 inches for a nice, full waist length.

3. What are you doing to get there? Wigging it and Low low manipulation.
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? 1-2 years because my hair is growing so slowly now...i would love to touch waist length by december though.

1. How long is your hair now? About 4-5in long:lachen:
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? Uhmm well see 1. my hair is choppy from the BC. 2. My neck goal is a ponytail, so i think i need atleast 6ins to get one. My ultimate goal..i have atleast 12in to go:nono:
3. What are you doing to get there? Leaving my hair "be".
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal?May:lachen:

BSB flat ironed, shoulder length natural (shrinkage)

According to my progress shirt 4"--that puts me below BS to MBL (somewhere in there)

Wash, condition, no trimming, protein/moisture, PS and rollersetting

December 31,2009 @11:59pm (every minute counts) :yep:

1. How long is your hair now? SL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? At least 3 inches
3. What are you doing to get there? Continual moisture (with regular protein treatments), steam conditioning, roller setting, low manipulation (only combing on wash days)
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal I'm not really giving myself concrete goals per se. I am hoping to be APL by Christmas, but if not, I'll still carry on. Stressing over not reaching goals won't help me.

1. How long is your hair now? Full APL.
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 3 inches. My next goal is BSL.
3. What are you doing to get there? I am going to do Crown & Glory for the rest of the year. Recently fell of hair game do to a fixation with fitness game (lost 42lbs) but am now ready to get back at it.
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? I want BSL by my birthday on December 10, 2009.

1. How long is your hair now? My hair is bottom of my bra-strap.
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? I am about 2 inches from MBL.
3. What are you doing to get there? I am doing twists, twistouts, co-washes/deep conditioning, no trimming, moisturizing, and oiling.
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal?[/QUOTE] I give myself to the end of the summer (max)!:drunk:

Last edited:
Ear length, shoulder length.

I would love to get to WL stretched. I have a loooooong way to go, lol :grin:

Moisture, moisture, moisture. I try and do my best to be consistent with healthy hair practices. Healthy bodies and hair start from the inside out. I eat healthy, I exercise, I drink lots of water.

As long as it takes...I used to measure all the time, and now I just let it grown and let myself be surprised when I realize I have reached another goal.

I'm SL now
I've got about 3 inches to get to APL
I'm keeping my hair off my shoulders and I'm attempting a 6
month stretch.

I'm giving myself until Nov. 09 - my 2nd yr. anniversary

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 3 inches
3. What are you doing to get there? Same things I did to get here. :yep:
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? 8-9 months with a trim.

My goal is to be mbl stretched. Right now I have a few strands of hair touching the top of my bra strap but most of my hair is between apl and bsl. So voted that I need about 3 or more inches. I hope to be there by this time next year or at least by June of next year.

ETA: I'll be doing the same things that I did to get to my present length. Bascially co-washing every other day, shampoo once a week, deep condition with every shampoo wash, and wearing protective styles.

Last edited:
And what are you doing to get there?

I decided to start this thread because I find it funny when people bump up posts from two years ago and they may be SL then. I always wonder how far they are on their HHJ now?

Soooo......

1. How long is your hair now? (not sure)
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? about 2 inches
3. What are you doing to get there? MN, water, vitamins, eating right, protective styling, low manipulation, no heat, and no trimming!
June 15, 2009, then on to BSL for the end of the year!

1. How long is your hair now? Past SL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? Like 1 or 1.5 inches
3. What are you doing to get there? I bun and I braid!
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? It's been a long road, I think I'll wait just a lil bit longer til August

1. How long is your hair now? Shouder blade in back, just barely APL in front
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 2 or 3 inches
3. What are you doing to get there? I braid and hide my hair, use ayurvedic rinses, deep condition 3x's a week. Shampoo once a month
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? I'm hoping Aug for APL then it's on to MBL and beyond!

1. How long is your hair now? MBL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 2 inches
3. What are you doing to get there? Same regimen
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? Dec 09 and then I'll probably cut it back to MBL.

Back