How Far Away Are YOU From Your Goal...

How Many Inches Are You From Your Next Length Goal?

• less than .05! Almost there!

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 1- 1 1/2 inches

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 1-2inches

Votes: 31 6.4%
  • 2-3 inches

Votes: 107 21.9%
  • 3 or more....I've got a long way...

Votes: 328 67.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1. How long is your hair now? I'm guessing an inch past BSL (I'm getting my relaxer next week)
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? If the previous is true, one inch from MBL
3. What are you doing to get there? low mani, moisturize/seal, keep it up off my clothes
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal?[/quote] I hope to reach it by May

I did a mini check and it looks like maybe 2 inches in the back and three in the front before I will claim full APL. I really need to step my protective styling game up, I've been lazy and my hair is rebelling against all forms of pony tails so I'm a bit lost as to what I really need/can do protective wise. Other than that, I've been doing braidouts, and generally keeping my hands out of my head, going for week long stretches without putting a comb in their and that seems to be helping.

Oh, with a perfect hair game I could make that in about six months, but with the reality of setbacks and damage at my own hands from various shortcuts, bad products, pjism and such. . .could take years :look:

Last edited:
1. How long is your hair now? BSB
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 2-3 inches. the back is touching Bra strap but sides are not! I will wait until my hair fills in more to claim it
3. What are you doing to get there? Vitamins, Protectives, Scalp massages with oils.

4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? I have an inch now, so I give myself until the summer.

Last edited:
1. How long is your hair now?Almost waist length
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 1-2 inches
3. What are you doing to get there?Protective Styling & moisture moisture
moisture.
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal?[/quote] No time
Limit,when i get there is when i get there.

1. How long is your hair now? APL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 1 TO 2 INCHES
3. What are you doing to get there? NO HEAT, DC WEEKLY
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? JUNE IS MY NEXT GOAL OF BSL tHEN HERE COMES WAIST BY DECEMBER OR AT LEAST CLOSE TO IT
GOOD THREAD

1. How long is your hair now? SL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 3 inches
3. What are you doing to get there? PROTEIN!!!!!
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? October '09

1. How long is your hair now?Almost waist length
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 1-2 inches
3. What are you doing to get there?Protective Styling & moisture moisture
moisture.
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal?
No time
Limit,when i get there is when i get there.[/quote]

Toy, I love your ponytail. Why mines don't want to hang like that?

1. How long is your hair now? awkward length...between apl/bsl w/ messy layers in the front
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 3 inches BABY [full bsl]
3. What are you doing to get there? lots of protein and DCing, immediate dusting when needed, minimal products
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? June/July 2009.

5. When I get there: enjoy it and let it swangg! more braidouts, try new hairstyles, learn how to WRAP

1. How long is your hair now?
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal?
3. What are you doing to get there?

1. I measure using the hair at the top of my head, so I'll say I'm nape length.

2. I'm like a mile away from my first goal...well at least 6-7 inches.

3. Eating and living healthy. Keeping my hair conditioned, moisturized, and strong. Working really hard to not play in it so much.

4. I'm hoping to be there in a year. Hair is always growing no matter what so I just have to keep it on my head in order to reach my goal.

Good thread!

1. How long is your hair now? So close to APL, I can almost taste it.

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? Approximately 6 inches. I’d like to be BSL by the end of this year.

3. What are you doing to get there? I’m co-washing daily, taking vitamins, eating healthy, exercising, and wearing protective styles daily. Hopefully, this will get me there.

4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? December 2009.

And what are you doing to get there? Continuing on my strict regimen

1. How long is your hair now? somewhere between APL and BSL - probably closer to BSL by now.

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? about 6 - i want full MBL/natural waist length hair

3. What are you doing to get there? Continuing on my strict regimen

4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? i should be pretty close to my goal by the end of the year IF i stay away from the scissors.

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? not sure i never measured but i am sure its more than 3 inches..long way too go.
3. What are you doing to get there? DC's moisture and buns galore
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? 2010..
I hope to be BSL by the end of this yr..my ulitmate goal is MBL...see that in 2010 sometime..

1. Just grazing MBL
2. 2-3 inches to get to WL
3. Low Manipulation and protective styles all the time, am taking my vits as well
4. I'd hope to be there by December this year. I think that's feasible.

And what are you doing to get there?

I decided to start this thread because I find it funny when people bump up posts from two years ago and they may be SL then. I always wonder how far they are on their HHJ now?

Soooo......

I am currently Full MBL

I just need like an inch and a half just to CLAIM Waistlength...but about 2 and a half to be Full Waistlength...i'm SO excited!!

I'm doing everything i can to retain all my length.....protective styling like buns and braidouts...deep conditioning...easing up on that heat...moisturizing and sealing and keeping my scalp clean.

I'm giving myself between then very end of this month to the end of May to be at my goal!! My long term goal ya'lllllll!!!

I cannot WAIT to be at waistlength this Summer!!

It's BSL now.
I'm not sure how many inches, but I'm going for TBL possibly Classic.
DC 2x weekly, moisturize daily, protective styles
I don't have a set length of time. I'll just keep taking care of my hair until, and after, I reach my goal.

1. How long is your hair now? My hair is in the twa tage barely EL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? My goal is WL SO I'll 24"
3. What are you doing to get there? TLC
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? I give myelf until 2012 (I hope it's sooner)

1. How long is your hair now? I'm APL.... healthy ends and APL... ;)
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? about 2 inches. after that d@mn hair cut.
3. What are you doing to get there? hair vitamins. mega tek. roller sets ONLY. drink lots of water. eat right. get back to the gym. i need to wear more protective styles.
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? hmm... maybe the fall? i don't know... if i give myself a time frame and don't reach it by then, i will be the saddest girl.

[/QUOTE]

And what are you doing to get there?

I decided to start this thread because I find it funny when people bump up posts from two years ago and they may be SL then. I always wonder how far they are on their HHJ now?

Soooo......

1. How long is your hair now? I'm currently beginning armpit length
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? My next goal is bsl, so I'm about 5inches or more cuz I wear my brastrap low.
3. What are you doing to get there? DCing, stretching relaxers, no trimming, only dusting, using up all my growth aids, and finding a regimen and a style(getting tired of buns), might wear ponytails for a while.
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? I hope to be bsl by next year, but my goal is midback or waist and i'm giving myself 4 years or until my college graduation.....

My biggest problem is the shedding, so I'm trying to find something that can stop it or slow it down cuz the garlic pills did not work...:wallbash:

touching MBL

4 inches from WL

Cowashing and ponytails

June 2009 for full MBL/Dec 2009 for WL
Is that natural or straight goal?

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? About 3 inches
3. What are you doing to get there? I am deep conditioning weekly, cowashing, protective styling, avoiding heat or scissors
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? _____August 09_____________

WSL straight, APL curly

next goal straight is hip-length about 2-3 inches more, then maybe TBL that's 6 inches from WSL but I won't actively pursue tailbone length, just keep doing my regime. Curly goal full BSL-WSL?

co-wash, S&D's braided weaves and PS when out of weave, daily moisture, low heat, sticking to my regime

I have no time limit really, that only gets me frustrated. But I do beleive I'll reach full hip/tailbone very soon :)

Last edited:
1. How long is your hair now? Longest layer is shoulder length.

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? My next goal is to be full shoulder length so maybe 1.5 to 2 inches.

3. What are you doing to get there? Weekly DCs and low or no heat.

4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? I think I can get to full SL by June 2009. But my ultimate goal is BSL, which I think I can get to in 2011.

1. How long is your hair now? Longest tip at APL- cutting off bone straight and 1 setback kept me there. Now I'm texturized with shrinkage and lovin' it though
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 5 inches...I have a VERY long neck and torso.
3. What are you doing to get there? KISS with weekly DC, 3xdaily moisture and Coconut and Jojoba Oils
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal?[/quote]by June of next year (14 mos) I want to be past BSL near MBL

1. How long is your hair now? Past my bra clasp not not waist length, when stretched, I am natural.

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? WL about 3-4 inches

3. What are you doing to get there? No poo and twists, low manipulation

4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? January 2010

1. How long is your hair now? Longest strands are APL but mostly full shoulder. I'm happy that I met my first goal though in about 1 year and a half! I finally see progress!!
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 5 inches. I THINK...in 5 inches I will be BSL maybe MBL. I have a short torso.
3. What are you doing to get there? Dcs everyday and maybe braids over the summer with MN as a growth aide.
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal?[/quote]I want to be BSL by Christmas!!

Soooo......

1. How long is your hair now?between collar bone and APL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? APL maybe a inch or 2
3. What are you doing to get there? protective styling daily moisturizing and deep condition and sealing my ends!
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? APL I will check on the 1st, but if I havent made it until June, but my goal for the year is BSL so that I give myself until Decemeber 25, 2009

1. How long is your hair now? My hair is between ear/neck length
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? I think I'm about 4-6 inches from Shoulder length but would just liek a really full bob my hair is different lengths
3. What are you doing to get there? Using Megatek, Co-washing and DCing
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? no time limit really but would like to be full shoulder length by december

1. How long is your hair now? SL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? About 6 to 7 for APL
3. What are you doing to get there? Deep conditioning, cowashing, buns, moisturizing/sealing twice a day, protecting my ends and using MN
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? December '09

Back