How Far Away Are YOU From Your Goal...

How Many Inches Are You From Your Next Length Goal?

• less than .05! Almost there!

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 1- 1 1/2 inches

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 1-2inches

Votes: 31 6.4%
  • 2-3 inches

Votes: 107 21.9%
  • 3 or more....I've got a long way...

Votes: 328 67.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1. How long is your hair now? Full MBL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 1.5-2 inches from WL
3. What are you doing to get there? Protective styles, Ayurvedic, Deep conditions, Moist/seal, & occational baggying
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? For WL I should be there by July 1. For my other goal which is TB, I am looking at July 2010.

My hair is dayum near APL when straight (but i'm not claiming it yet).

I don't know about inches. I just know I want it to be full SL un-stretched.

Not doing anything extra special. Just trying to use up all my products (which include BT and BeeMine)

I want to be there by tomorrow:) LOL. Nah, but I would really like to be there 4/2010, but if not, just as long as I get there by 4/2011

1. How long is your hair now? BSL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? about 3inches til' MBL...I may alot closer,since I measured my new growth last night and it was 2inches...I update this weekend for my 2yr hair anniversary...so stay tuned :yep:
3. What are you doing to get there? Stretching, protective styling, cowashing, and using Patience Hair Growth Oil
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? till the end of 09 to reach full MBL :look:

1. How long is your hair now? CBL (maybe longer since i've been stretching for 14 weeks)
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? My goal is MBL and how many inches am i away from it....uh.....
3. What are you doing to get there? i'm using growth aids (GNC Ultra Hair, MT, OCT), deep conditioning EVERY week, protecting my hair with weaves, half wigs, braids, stretching my relaxers.
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? if i make my goal of BSL in Dec then i will give myself till Dec 2010.:grin:

1. How long is your hair now? BSL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 2.5 inches
3. What are you doing to get there? MT/OCT, Phyto pills, and lots of protective styles!
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? I'm really hoping to reach MBL by at least June.

1. How long is your hair now?
A little past SL

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal?
3.5-5 inches (growing out layers) to APL

3. What are you doing to get there?
Relaxer stretching (4 months & counting!), SERIOUS protective styling (right now, a sew-in), using up all my products, embracing Olive Oil

4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal?
Til' the end of '09. My longest layer should be APL by then.

I plan to trim my hair bluntly even & cut bangs on my b-day in Fall, so I'm not in a huge rush for growth anymore, just health.
:grin:

1. How long is your hair now? My hair is Grazing BSL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? I am about one solid inch away from BSL. One inch will have all of my hair at BSL then I can do a Blunt Trim...
3. What are you doing to get there? Protective styles, Braidouts, less heat(only my roots), Scalp Massages w? Vatika, Peppermint and Rosemary Oil, Ayurveda.
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? My full goal is MBL and I am about 2.5 - 3 solid inches from that (Short Torso - MBL is basically WL for me:)). I expect to be there by June/ July of this year.

I'm just past BSL now (after a self trim).

I need 4 inches to reach waist length. I haven't done anything special, just taking my supplements, wearing my hair up, and keeping my ends moist.

I'd like to be there by December 09, but time isn't a big factor.

Last edited:
I'm only about 2-3 inches away. Since I started braiding my hair and not using heat..I'm getting closer and closer

1. How long is your hair now? - SL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? - I think about 8 inches!!
3. What are you doing to get there? PRotective styling, low manipulations, weekly DC & co-washes
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? July 2010!

1. How long is your hair now? my hair is about 2 inches past apl
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? well i dont know the exact number of inches but i want to be mbl so i have a ways to go
3. What are you doing to get there? im not trimming half as much as i used to. and i am keep my moisture and protein balance up. i also always moisturize and seal 2x a day so i keep my ends healthy
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? i should be at mbl by the end of this year. esp since during the summer months i usually wet bun everyday. i went from just past full sl to almost bsl in less than a year so i should go from almost bsl to mbl in a year.

I've reached my goal! I recently cut my hair, have nice full ends...and I still LOVE my hair. I have come to the conclusion that I no longer want to length chase. My hair grows strong and stays healthy as long as I keep loving it. I'm not afraid to cut/trim if I need to....and over time my hair will continue to thrive and naturally be longer and longer. I'm already good enough!

How long is your hair now? Almost mid-neck length in the back & eye length in the front

How many inches are you away from your goal? My first goal is shoulder length, so I'd say that I'm about 2-3 inches away from that in the back of my head

What are you doing to get there? Keeping It Simple with my weekly regimen, wearing wigs, keeping my ends moisturized, exercising, and drinking water

How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? I'm not giving myself a time limit; my hair will get there when it gets there

And what are you doing to get there?

I decided to start this thread because I find it funny when people bump up posts from two years ago and they may be SL then. I always wonder how far they are on their HHJ now?

Soooo......

1. How long is your hair now? longest layer is between collarbone and APL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 1-1.5 inches
3. What are you doing to get there? low manipulation, twist-outs, no direct heat, deep conditioning regularly, henna 1x/month, protein treatment every 6 weeks
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? Well, I was shooting for March, but I'm not quite there yet.:ohwell: It looks like it's going to be April/beg of May before I can really claim APL.:sad:

1. How long is your hair now? Past shoulders
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? About 2 inches
3. What are you doing to get there? Stretching 17 weeks, moisturizing daily, DC 1x/week, rollersetting, vitamins/minerals
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? July 2009

1. How long is your hair now? The longest part of my hair is APL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? I think between 6-8 inches.3. What are you doing to get there? No heat, weekly DC, protective styles, taking vitamins.
4.How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? Dec. 31, 2009

sitting right above APL, laughing at me
i refuse to break out the ruler, but i would say an inch-ish
stopped the WNGs in favor of senegalese twists
if i'm not APL by may 17th, i'm shaving my head :look:

1. How long is your hair now? Full Mid-back Length

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? About 1-1/2" from Full WL

3. What are you doing to get there? Maintaining the same regimen that I've had for years: healthy lifestyle, no direct heat, gentle handling, low manipulation and protection.

4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? Since I plan on trimming this year, I'm giving myself until December to reach Full WL...I may be there sooner.:grin:

touching MBL

4 inches from WL

Cowashing and ponytails

June 2009 for full MBL/Dec 2009 for WL

Last edited:
1. How long is your hair now? SL

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 2-3in. til APL

3. What are you doing to get there? Relax/Trim every 8-10wks, DC Weekly

4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? July 2009..... hopefully I won't need another extension

Last edited:
I'm at 8 inches which is barely SL.
My next goal is APL so I have 4 inches to go. Ugh!
Shampooing and DCing each week. Keeping my hair in twists or puffs. Limit trims and manipulation. Keep hair moisturized and take vitamins.
I'll probably hit my length goal by November or December 2009.

haven't done a formal length check, but i just did my third texlax, and it's about shoulder length from the crown, chin length from the front, sides and back.

man, no idea, maybe about 2 -3 inches from all of it being at least shoulder length.

in the LHCF bootcamp challenge, and bunning like a ****.

i'm pretty patient today. so i'm not really counting. ask me tomorrow, it will be "i can't wait any longer!"

1. How long is your hair now? Full Mid-back Length

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? About 1-1/2" from Full WL

3. What are you doing to get there? Maintaining the same regimen that I've had for years: healthy lifestyle, no direct heat, gentle handling, low manipulation and protection.

4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? Since I plan on trimming this year, I'm giving myself until December to reach Full WL...I may be there sooner.:grin:

Congrats girl! I can't wait til I get there!

1. How long is your hair now? Just below BSL

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 3 - 4 in (for AWL w/ hair wet) & 4-5 in (for AWL w/ hair dry)..don't ask:nono:

3. What are you doing to get there? Hair, Skin & Nails Vits, Moisturize, Biotin/MSM, Henna, Auyervidic products (Amla, Brahmi, Bhringraj, Neem), lots of water, lot less heat. Wash once weekly, DC every other week.

4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? April - May 2009.

1. How long is your hair now? Just at shoulder length. I just dusted it the past weekend. The front isn't following the trend and my kitchen is a little bit slow but better than my edges
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? I'd say about three to four inches in the back...let's not talk about the front...:ohwell:
3. What are you doing to get there? Changed my diet to include more water, fruits, veggies and lean protein. Taking supplements (regular multi and chlorella which is a great detoxifier-does 2 jobs at once :yep:)
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? This year is THE YEAR I will get to APL! I believe it and it better happen :look:. I'm trying to be patient but I feel like I've been at SL forever! I need some change or I'm gonna give up...
OT: (mostly a question for naturals) Do your ends get thinner and become more problematic than anything else? Does it hinder your growth and for those who found a solution to their problem, how did you solve it? (natural or not)

It's currently BSB

I've got 2-3 more inches to make it to my brastrap.

I've been co-washing more frequently, remembering to take my vitamins, moisturizing alot, stretching and bunning.

I'll give myself until July or August of this year.

1. How long is your hair now?NL, creeping on down:yep: 6 inches around, 3.5 inches in the back:wallbash:
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? between 4-5 inches. 5 inches, because I am gonna need a trim when I get there. Hopefully a SMALL trim
3. What are you doing to get there? Bunning, DC, bagging every night, moisturizing and growth aids
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal?[/quote]I am giving myself until Igraduate or the end of my senior year in college so May 2010. ( ONE MORE YEAR!!!!!)

Last edited:
Back