He's going to jail.......What should I do?

He is going to seriuosly play the "being a family" thing with your mind.

Dont do it and the more upfront you are the better. Dont even waste your time.

Last edited:
I would keep your son away from him, and explain to him little by little as he grows up what's happening. If he wants he can write letters to the boy and you can send him letters and pictures.

Otherwise your kid will grow up thinking it is normal and okay and acceptable to have a father in prison for doing/selling drugs. That it is okay, normal and acceptable for the incarcerated man to string you along like he has.

Perhaps when he gets out/if he gets out and proves for a few years that he is clean and living a good life then he can get involved. As for now do what's best for your child and I don't think daddy is.

If you were alone I would've told you to do whatever you want. When there's a kid, you've got to think twice and it sounds like you are which is a great thing.

I'm sure you feel bad for him because you have had a long relationship. He made his bed. He knew it, and chances are he won't change.

I couldn't & wouldn't do a bid with anyone.
His behavior is quite common with men that know their about to do time and wants someone to do time with him. Sweetie you don't want to marry someone that would wait until their backed in a corner to propose marriage.

This man has proposed marraige at a time when he cannot offer his support, his protection or even his physical presence. I'd say that the fact that he proposed this at this point in his life shows that he has no real understanding of what marriage even is. He has nothing to offer you or your son. You should visit him and send the occassional letter because he's your son's father, but you should move on romantically. There are men out there who don't do this. It's not normal or right. You need to find a man who is a good father figure for your son and marry him. Let your son know his real father, but let him know that there's a better life than that as well.

Back