He lied about his name.

Sasha Fierce

You meet a guy at a lounge.

He introduces himself as Brian.

It's loud so you ask him to repeat himself and he says "Brian. That's..my middle name".

You give him your number and he calls a couple days later.

You begin a pretty good conversation on the phone.

You ask for his "real" or first name.

He says Patrick. Then he goes on to tell you that Brian is not even his middle name. It's just a name that he gives to people when he first meets them because he doesn't know what they are about and doesn't know if they need to know his name like that.

What do you do? Do you continue talking to him or consider it a red flag and keep it moving?

:lachen: Are you serious?

Well, women do the same thing...their name is "Kim" if they aint feeling the guy but for HIM to approach YOU and then lie is weird.

If he was feeling you then why lie?

Not too surprised, i've had guys say they dont have kids then after we talk more, it comes out that they do.

I've given a fake name to get a bug-a-boo out of my face, but never to someone I thought I could be interested in. My fake name is Ginger. :lol:

I remember a guy giving me a fake name once. Turns out that his real name was Francis and he just hated his name. :ohwell:

Last edited:
My brother and his friend use to give women fake name bc he just wanted to do them and never really talk to them again. So I say RUN...

If he lies about his name he'll lie about anything else.

Ladies come on ladies. When you meet a guy on the street, do you tell them your real name when they ask? I know I dont!

DEFINATE RED-FLAG!! I knew someone who lied about his name too, approached ME and lied about his name, but not his first name just his middle and last name. He was a fugitive.

If he lies to you from jump street, there will be a whole lot more lies and stories to come. Who knows what he's up to lying to people about his name. RUN!

Ladies come on ladies. When you meet a guy on the street, do you tell them your real name when they ask? I know I dont!

Yeah, but we're not APPROACHING niccas saying our name is Dorothy when it's really Joanne. There is a major difference there.

my ex lied about his name and age.....he didn't like his real name

chadwick

so he just made one up he liked which was some smooth sounding name lol, he said it was his middle name but i called him on that and was like no its not....he doesn't like his middle name either

he lied about his age because he didn't think i would talk to him if i knew he was as young as he was

he was cool....a young dude went out of his way for me for years...still does

just left my house after bringing me some food he just cooked....

I guess it just depends on if you think the reason he lied is a valid enough, good enough reason to do so.....if u feelin a red flag

its probably a red flag

1. You meet a guy at a lounge.

2. He introduces himself as Brian.

3. It's loud so you ask him to repeat himself and he says "Brian. That's..my middle name".

4. You give him your number and he calls a couple days later.

5. You begin a pretty good conversation on the phone.

6. You ask for his "real" or first name.

He says Patrick. Then he goes on to tell you that Brian is not even his middle name. It's just a name that he gives to people when he first meets them because he doesn't know what they are about and doesn't know if they need to know his name like that.

What do you do? Do you continue talking to him or consider it a red flag and keep it moving?

hold up...
put step 6 before step 4

to be clear: ask him what his real name is before giving the digits

RED FLAG

how would she have known Brian wasn't his real name??

There are guys who offer me their phone numbers and they tell me "My name is Kid" :look: surely your mother didn't name you that...
Me: what's your birth name?
Him: Just call me Kid/Beanz:eek:/Sweezie :lachen: yes, these were nicknames that guys told me!
Me::perplexed oh... ok
Me: Take the number and never call (or that's what I did a couple of years ago)

A guy can't be serious if he wants me to talk on the phone calling him by his middle name forever!:nono:

I'd be a little turned off by the guy in the OP.

I dont always give my real name. I dont like to lie but I would like to get to know someone better before dishing out my info. A lot of people are pervs and you just never know. I need about 2 or 3 good conversations that let me know you are mentally stable before my REAL name is released.

I lie about my name. I don't know why. I don't lie about other things, but as soon as certain guys approaches me I become "Jessica." Sometimes it's because I panic, other times it's because I want to be left alone and I don't want that person knowing my name.
I use that name online sometimes, too. I don't need everyone knowing my real name.
I wouldn't be too harsh on him for that. He told you why he does it, and I think that's perfectly reasonable :yep:

Well as long as you can now verify that his name really is Patrick I don't see a problem. Now if you went around for weeks calling him Brian that would be something else. A first name and approximate age you'd be surprised what info you can turn up. I always lead with a shortened version of my name when I'm out.

how would she have known Brian wasn't his real name??

There are guys who offer me their phone numbers and they tell me "My name is Kid" :look: surely your mother didn't name you that...
Me: what's your birth name?
Him: Just call me Kid/Beanz:eek:/Sweezie :lachen: yes, these were nicknames that guys told me!
Me::perplexed oh... ok
Me: Take the number and never call (or that's what I did a couple of years ago)

A guy can't be serious if he wants me to talk on the phone calling him by his middle name forever!:nono:

I'd be a little turned off by the guy in the OP.

I do the same thing. I hate when guys try to introduce themselves with a nickname...I ask them for the name their mama put on the birth certificate.

OP, a guy approaching you with a fake name is a big red-flag to me. Gives off the impression that he's hiding something.

I sometimes say my middle name because I butcher my own name!! Sometimes it's a tongue twister. For some reason I can't say "Raven" the right way. Sucks for me!

I agree with the ladies that said red flag/runnnn

And why would you do that to someone you were actually interested in?

Back 03' me and my roommate had 2 guys do that to us...
funny thing is they had their real names tattooed on them:rolleyes:

it was also suspicious how they "found" us...my dorm room phone rang and a guy said he "saw" me and described me and proceeded to tell me got my number from "some guy" in the lobby :perplexedI had just moved in, and nobody even HAD my number so the truth I WILL NEVER KNOW

BUT, those fools were crazy...

I would take note of that, but his reasoning seems legit. However, if you wanted to avoid crazies, why tell the truth 24 hours later? You haven't given yourself enough time to determine if the other person is nutso!

my ex lied about his name and age.....he didn't like his real name

I guess it just depends on if you think the reason he lied is a valid enough, good enough reason to do so.....if u feelin a red flag, its probably a red flag

I'm wondering how long it was before he told you about his name and age?
(And how you felt afterwards)

I'm wondering how long it was before he told you about his name and age?
(And how you felt afterwards)

It was fairly soon....I didn't really have n e intentions of n e thing serious with this guy he was really just very adorable

It wasn't a big deal to me.....he had a tattoo with his birthdate and year so I was like it would be real silly to have that year tattoed on you with ur birithday if thats not the year u were born in...he said he was 25 when he was 23

the name thing didn't bother me..I actually liked the name he used better than his real name too... I didn't call him that but I asked him was that his real name like on the first date and he told me it was his middle name but i asked for his license and he was like dang you don't play...he was like I don't like my name

he didn't raise n e flags with me, he was just young and I dealt with him for a couple years......he did typical young guy stuff, but he wasn't a pyscho type of dude....then again I was never really serious with him even when he wanted to be.........I would just tell him that things were good the way they were

he bends over backwards for me still and I broke it off with him back in 06

DEFINATE RED-FLAG!! I knew someone who lied about his name too, approached ME and lied about his name, but not his first name just his middle and last name. He was a fugitive.

If he lies to you from jump street, there will be a whole lot more lies and stories to come. Who knows what he's up to lying to people about his name. RUN!

I'm sorry, but...:lachen:

redflag. i met someone like that, and turns out he was a pathological liar.

OK!! What grown person still uses their "club" name unless they are a sheisty liar? Didn't we all stop with stuff like that when we were like 18?

I don't have time to play stupid games like that. NEXT!

Not really a red flag. I used to give people the name Deen which is from a part of my middle name until I got to know them a little bit

I'd keep it moving I don't have time for games...but then again in a club I'm wouldn't be looking for mr. right either. How do u feel about it?

I would have thought like one of the other ladies that posted earlier and gave him half a chance since he explained his reasoning. I would later learn that he misrepresented other things about his background (which he voluntarily revealed later) and had several serious character flaws.

If I met someone like this again, I would keep it moving without a second thought.

Wow, a guy lied to me about his name before. We had been talking on the phone for over a month and on or about our 3rd date we decided to doule date. I bought a friend along and so did he. Well he must of forgot to tell his he lied to me because when I called him " Tony" his friend started laughing hysterically saying " Tony? You told her your name is Tony?" Needless to say I never spoke to him again after that night.

Back