He lied about his name.

When I was YOUNGER, I did that fake name/fake number shyt.

Now that I'm older, I simply say I'm not interested.

You meet a guy at a lounge.

He introduces himself as Brian.

It's loud so you ask him to repeat himself and he says "Brian. That's..my middle name".

You give him your number and he calls a couple days later.

You begin a pretty good conversation on the phone.

You ask for his "real" or first name.

He says Patrick. Then he goes on to tell you that Brian is not even his middle name. It's just a name that he gives to people when he first meets them because he doesn't know what they are about and doesn't know if they need to know his name like that.

What do you do? Do you continue talking to him or consider it a red flag and keep it moving?

it is a NO BRAINER.

Roll on....:rolleyes:

I just think of the reason I would want to give a fake name, so people wouldn't know who I am!! So maybe he has a lady and he didnt' want to be "caught" if you ran into him somewhere. :pinocchio
RUN!!! If he'll lie about that, trust he'll lie about more as time goes on.:naughty:

I had a guy lie to me about his name and age before also. Not the same guy but two different guys. I dont care about the age thing but the name thing is just weird. First he told me it was his middle name, turns out it wasn't his middle name at all. Then he told me everybody called him that, turns out nobody calls him that. He just made up a fake name for a reason unbeknownst to me but I have my suspiscions. Just as someone said, its like if he could lie about that he could lie about other things.

DEFINATE RED-FLAG!! I knew someone who lied about his name too, approached ME and lied about his name, but not his first name just his middle and last name. He was a fugitive.

If he lies to you from jump street, there will be a whole lot more lies and stories to come. Who knows what he's up to lying to people about his name. RUN!

lol

I had a dude lie and tell me his first name was Rich when it was Jamie.....

This dude proceeded to go off the deep end with in the span of a month, telling all sorts of crazy lies, calling my phone crying and professing his undying love within the matter of 6 weeks...

That is the last time i will accpet that.. The LEAST he could do is tell me his real name from jump street. I mean for real ladies, he doesnt even have to tell me the truth about his name... I mean wtf kinda hoop do i need to jump through to prove i am worthy of knowing your real name. What do u have to hide. How am i gonna trust u when u can't even be honest about something so basic?!?!?!?!?!?!

I dont accept "lil boosie", red, lil homien as names either. I want your government name so i can check and see if you are wanted.

:lachen: Are you serious?

Well, women do the same thing...their name is "Kim" if they aint feeling the guy but for HIM to approach YOU and then lie is weird.

If he was feeling you then why lie?

Not too surprised, i've had guys say they dont have kids then after we talk more, it comes out that they do.
Exactly!! Women give fake names, fake numbers, and even wear fake engagement/wedding rings. Watching your back doesn't look quite the same when it's coming from the other side. ;)

I've given a fake name to get a bug-a-boo out of my face, but never to someone I thought I could be interested in. My fake name is Ginger. :lol:

I remember a guy giving me a fake name once. Turns out that his real name was Francis and he just hated his name. :ohwell:

LOL! My fake name is Monet`. Ladies...what are your club names?

I do the same thing. I hate when guys try to introduce themselves with a nickname...I ask them for the name their mama put on the birth certificate.

OP, a guy approaching you with a fake name is a big red-flag to me. Gives off the impression that he's hiding something.

Soror,
This is me all day long. I want to know your "Government" name, please...

I won't give a phony name, but you may only get a first initial the first time we meet.

Back