Hair Pet Peeves

Junonia

I hate to see women that have a head full of ends and swear their hair is long.

I hate to see someone that has braids in for so long that the roots are matted and caked with dirt.

My favorite...grown women that have baby hair with the help of a fine tooth comb and vaseline ( I saw this on the train on my way to work this morning).

Thank you for letting me vent!!!

Hidden_Angel said:
:lol: u'd hate me then (has gone with the braids in that long but hair wasn't dirty) just a hot mess! hahha...

:lol:...Now I've gone with my braids for long time too but myhair was clean also. The caked in dandruff, grease and lint is a no no!

JLove74 said:
I don't know why this bothers me, but it does - when women pat their heads instead of scratching the itch:eek:

My boss let the other black lady in the office go home early to wash her hair because she was doing this.

dlewis said:
My boss let the other black lady in the office go home early to wash her hair because she was doing this.

If you could see & hear how loud I just laughed :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: (my co worker just asked it I was OK) She was that bad?

[quote=dlewis]My boss let the other black lady in the office go home early to wash her hair because she was doing this.[/quote]

:eek: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :eek: TRIFFINNNNNNNNN

Stinky hair

glued down shiney hair

butt length unnatualy looking weave

hair lines starting at the ear and still the woman has tight braids.

Men with finger waves

dlewis said:
Stinky hair

glued down shiney hair

Men with finger waves

:lachen: :lachen: guilty of this one too

I was so mad at her, because you know they think we all do that. And she was in a meeting patting like crazy. He called me I his office and asked how often i wash my hair and then asked her, she was like every two weeks, he said that's why it itching. He let her go home and told her that he would rather not see her do that again.

I don't know...I think that is a bit much, b/c you pat iso scratching...sent home? Why not just say you are disturbing the meeting can you stop....was she cracking herself upside the head or something?

dlewis said:
Stinky hair

glued down shiney hair

Men with finger waves

:lol:...Men with fingerwaves, I didn't know they still do that. That reminds me, men with Jheri curls and S-curls claiming it is their natural hair.

Women with stinky hair. Not even product stinky - but "you need to wash that mess" stinky. So stinky that if you sit/stand/walk next to them - you can smell it.

hmm let me think....

1. Really ghetto hair styles- I mean, what's wrong with just a wrap? WHat do you say when you sit in the chair.."Make me look like a hot mess?" Yall know, what I'm talking bout- pony tail on the side, a hump in the front, some waves on the other side, and spikey on the top.

2. When I can see your hair fall cause your hair in front is too thin, or you just didn't blend it correctly.

3. Need a relaxer but your weave pony tail is European silky. Thats a no-no.

4. Little girls with no hair. Because their mama relaxed the life out of it and now they must suffer.

5. Scary ends. Ends that just look a hot mess...What are you holding on to?

dlewis said:
I was so mad at her, because you know they think we all do that. And she was in a meeting patting like crazy. He called me I his office and asked how often i wash my hair and then asked her, she was like every two weeks, he said that's why it itching. He let her go home and told her that he would rather not see her do that again.

That is awful... he shouted you both out. Please tell me you and her are not the only two African-American women in the office. I would be horrified

Oh I forgot one...

Men with bald heads and long hair or a tail in the back and only hair on the sides. What's up with that?

cluelessaka said:
hmm let me think....

1. Really ghetto hair styles- I mean, what's wrong with just a wrap? WHat do you say when you sit in the chair.."Make me look like a hot mess?" Yall know, what I'm talking bout- pony tail on the side, a hump in the front, some waves on the other side, and spikey on the top.

2. When I can see your hair fall cause your hair in front is too thin, or you just didn't blend it correctly.

3. Need a relaxer but your weave pony tail is European silky. Thats a no-no.

4. Little girls with no hair. Because their mama relaxed the life out of it and now they must suffer.

5. Scary ends. Ends that just look a hot mess...What are you holding on to?

ooh now thats my biggest pet peeve

Women wearing weave/braid/extension colors that do absolutely nothing to compliment their skin tones.

Women who complain about always being broke yet they are going broke thanks to the money they pump into keeping up a certain hairdo

Women and girls who continue to get hairstyles that totally destroy their hairlines

Women with funky hair but refuse to wash it

Hair that is so stiff and frozen in place it looks like a piece of stone

Mega raggedy ends

Severely dry hair - the kind that needs major prayer and a s**tload of moisturizing treatments

Women and girls removing tracks and braids in public and then dumping the hair all over the place

Last edited:
senimoni said:
I don't know...I think that is a bit much, b/c you pat iso scratching...sent home? Why not just say you are disturbing the meeting can you stop....was she cracking herself upside the head or something?

She was sent home early to wash her hair because she said she was patting because her head itched from not washing (to some it up).

My pet peeve is women who will buy up the whole BSS in fake hair, but get all like :perplexed $9???? when it is time to buy conditioner. Yesterday, a lady picked up the ORS Hair Mayo and asked me if it was good, and I said "Yes! I've used it before and it made my hair strong" because she REALLY needed a balanced deep condition. She ended up getting something that wasn't really a deep conditioner, it was a leave in that costed like $2.

Ineedhair said:
That is awful... he shouted you both out. Please tell me you and her are not the only two African-American women in the office. I would be horrified

He waiting until after the meeting that she, the boss and a client had and called her into his office, questioned her, then he called me in a ask how often I wash my hair because she said that all black people wash their hair every 2-3 weeks.

Hair piled 3 feet on top of your head with a patch of white in front and the rest black. Now that's ghetto. And then show up looking like that at a black and white formal. My goodness!

janeemat said:
Hair piled 3 feet on top of your head with a patch of white in front and the rest black. Now that's ghetto. And then show up looking like that at a black and white formal. My goodness!

:eek: ..nooo...she didn't?..... please tell me your lying

Ineedhair said:

Yes we are the only two.

dlewis said:
Yes we are the only two.

That actually suprises me that he was willing to be that bold? I mean, in HR they will tell you that's a law suit waiting to happen. Although, I probably would have been glad of the opportunity to set the record straight...every two weeks...try every two days.;)

dlewis said:
He waiting until after the meeting that she, the boss and a client had and called her into his office, questioned her, then he called me in a ask how often I wash my hair because she said that all black people wash their hair every 2-3 weeks.

I'm not so sure that they should have dealt with the problem this way... they should have just asked her to stop that because it was weirding the clients out, and she could make her own decision about changing her hygiene routine. You definitely should not have been brought into the middle of that mess, you are an innocent bystander and your hair routine is your business.

cmw45 said:
That actually suprises me that he was willing to be that bold? I mean, in HR they will tell you that's a law suit waiting to happen. Although, I probably would have been glad of the opportunity to set the record straight...every two weeks...try every two days.;)

We are a close office, I tell him when his hair looks bad and it's time for a cut or when he has an ordor and needs to go home and shower before a meeting.

I would not lie to you. She was matching, so we all new it was planned. This was at my aunt's 60th birthday celebration. Black and white formal, limos and all.

Back