Hair Pet Peeves

I'll add: women who might have long flowing hair, yet they pile soooo much "grease" in it (usually petroleum jelly looking) that you can see each and every line from the comb in it. Ick!! Just limp, greasy, dirt attracting hair. I can picture this girl's hair it stayed that way week after week after week.

There is a girl I see on the train everyday when i come home from work. Her hair is a bright fire engine red. Its always weaved or braided. And her hair has got to be dyed that color because it is blended perfectly.:mad:

I saw a lady on the bus today, and she had her hair in a ponytail tried up with a RUBBERBAND! Can someone say "BRRRRR-REAKAGE"!!! The ends where rubbing vigorously over her the collar of her cotton shirt as she turned her head. I almost feel sorry for some of these women(who are mostly Black0 because I'm confident that if Black women knew to use proper protective styling at least until they get to APL, then there'd be SO MANY more long-haired Black women out there. You would never dream that doing something so simple as keeping the hair off the collar during the critical stages would be a tremendous help.

Little girls with a head full of BEADS!!!:mad: I mean full. From the bottom of the braid almost up to the rubberband holding the hair together. Her mother said she keep a lot of BEADS in her hair because it makes her hair grow long.:mad: I have seen babies with their hair like this:mad: How do they sleep on them hard things????

Women who get Frozen Hard UPDOS every 2 weeks to keep for doing anything to their head. Just LAZY!!! There are women in my hometown I have never seen them with out an updo and it has been years.

Just to add to the maddness, I hate to see anyone holding onto the length they do have but their ends are HORRIBLE!!! I know many people like this at my school and it drives me nuts. YOUR HAIR WILL GROW BACK!!!

Also when you see someone with really pretty healthy hair one day, and then a couple of months later, their hair is broke off, dry, and unhealthy from using too much heat and not taking proper care. :eek: This happens a lot to college girls.

That early dismissal for hair patting is KILLING ME!!!! I haven't laughed that hard since my sister's first henna application. HILARIOUS!!

This is my first hair post..glad to join you all. My specs are coming soon, but i just had my scientific and artistic hair stylist (she is NO joke) do my first Phyto Index 1. One word...DOPE. Cassia arrived today and I'm wide open.:D

Last edited:
This thread is too funny!! :lol:

I really hate when people do braids in multiple colors that don't go well together and don't even bother trying to blend them.

eg:

Wishin4BSL said:
5-year-old little girls with shreds(sp?)! Yes, ladies! I've seen it!

:eek: How in the world did they get the child to stay still that long? Last time I had shreds it took 12 hours to finish my hair.

I'd also like to add that I have seen a toddler -- under 2 years old -- with extension braids. Mind you the little girl only had a tuft of baby hair on the top of her head!

bad weaves on wealthy people like britney spears and paris hilton.

weaves with the tracks showing

gel and weave

Galleta said:
bad weaves on wealthy people like britney spears and paris hilton.

weaves with the tracks showing

gel and weave

LMAO:lachen::lol: I hate when people with money have horrible weaves. Im thinkin to myself I know people on welfare that live in the projects with better weave than that. That should be the ULTIMATE hair pet peeve!!!

Galleta, THANK YOU!!!! The Ultimate offense is the celeb with the busted weave!!!!!!! IT KILLS ME. I was just looking at Paris Hilton yesterday thinking, "Now why can't this rich chic work it out"!!!:confused: I mean Jessica Simpson did! Jess you know you need to help Paris and Brit now c'mon!:lachen:

i hate to see women out with their hair done TIGHT like they're on their way to a formal--but they're in sweats or ratty tees and jeans. HATE that.

HATE those long, straight, butt-length weaves. At least put in some curls or waves to TRY to pass! Most black women I have known who had natural hair that long almost never wore it down because it took hours to do. Sooo easy to spot the fakeness. Between that, and the flat roots but super-thick weave... gah.

And my dad refuses to crop what's left of his thinning white hair. So it's about an inch long around his head--none on the dome--and he sort of combs it down. I've pleaded with him to go bald and sleek or just trim short and neat like Ed Bradley, but he says his hair "won't" grow if he does that. Madness!

Though I'm almost ashamed to admit I watched this show with people outside of my immediate family. I hate hate hate NY's mom's weave/wig thingy on I Love NY. Her forehead is so smooth and high I can't help but stare at it. There is not even a trace of a natural hair line, but it starts at her ears :confused: . She kinda looks like one of those manniquin heads at the BSS with the wig slipping off. Its just plain old creepy. :nono:

Oh my goodness where do I start!
PUBLIC DISPLAYS OF HAIR DRESSING
TRAINGLE BANGS WITH A SPONGE ROLLER CURL ON THE END
PONY TAIL HOLDER BUNS (WHERE LIKE FIVE PONYTAIL HOLDERS MAKE THE BUN AND THERES LIKE A PINCH OF HAIR IN THE CENTER)
STICK STRAIGHT FLY AWAY RELAXED PONYTAILS WITH A BOBO THE CLOWN PLASTIC AFRO PUFF ON TOP
"HONEY BLONDE" (IT SHOULD BE CALLED "YOUR HAIR WAS JET BLACK NOW ITS ORANGE" YUCK)
LITTLE GIRLS WITH GROWN HAIR STYLES (EXT BRAIDS, WEAVES ECT)
SPRITZ STYLES
PLASTIC WEAVES
RIDICULUS BIRD LIKE WIGS (YOU KNOW THE ONES WITH MULTIPLE COLORS, CHOPPY CUTS, FLIPS, AND DIPS)

Okay. My favorite pet peeve is the infamous my-hair-looks-a-mess-and-I-have-no-idea-what-to-do-with-it-until-my-hair-appointment-on-Saturday HAT. You know...the hat that doesn't go with the outfit you're wearing...the hat that makes you look incognito :sekret: ...the hat that is obviously covering up a hot mess. :eek:

Royal Glory said:
Okay. My favorite pet peeve is the infamous my-hair-looks-a-mess-and-I-have-no-idea-what-to-do-with-it-until-my-hair-appointment-on-Saturday HAT. You know...the hat that doesn't go with the outfit you're wearing...the hat that makes you look incognito :sekret: ...the hat that is obviously covering up a hot mess. :eek:

Why are you talkin mess about my bright yellow newsboy hat?:lol:

My pet peeve: Long thick lush dreadlocks....on a head with a severe case of traction alopecia. If I can see more scalp than dreads, cut it off!!!

Story said:
Why are you talkin mess about my bright yellow newsboy hat?:lol: quote]

I'm sure you know how to make that hat a fashion statement, Story. And I can't even imagine your hair being a hot mess underneath. :grin:

terrence howard's "slick back"

jermaine jackson's half jheri curl half conk process creation

quick weaves with 4 colors on a single track (blond, black, white and burgundy)

Grown arse women sporting little girl beads on their braids.

Five different hair styles on one head.

Old 80's Farrah Fawcett hair styles.

The biggest one of all Scissor happy stylist!!!!

Last edited:
dlewis said:
I was so mad at her, because you know they think we all do that. And she was in a meeting patting like crazy. He called me I his office and asked how often i wash my hair and then asked her, she was like every two weeks, he said that's why it itching. He let her go home and told her that he would rather not see her do that again.

I'm embrassed for her. I don't know how I'd feel if my boss had to tell me to have my hair washed.. Damn, that's very insulting...

Someone mentioned New York's mother.. She looks like a man w/all the hair plastered on her head. And I hate New York's weave too. Both weaves are so obvious.

. .

Junior high school aged girls who have been wearing relaxers with so much heat just long enough to lose/break their hair. You know the look I'm talking about. I call it a "flame ponytail" because they have what little hair they have pulled back into a high ponytail on top of their head that is shaped like a little flame of fire. It is so thin that it sticks straight up and looks like a flame at the end of a candle. The rest of their hair will barely be locked into that ponytail and so juts forth in patches along the rest of their hairline.

When people have little combs and brushes and are constantly brushing down the little hair they have to make it smooth (in public)

Fingerwaves (I can't believe that style hasn't disappeared or is making a comeback)

Women with short hairdo's but have it slicked to their head with gel...or the gel is "old" so you have hard pieces of hair sticking up

Multi color hair do's. You can't possibly work in an office.

Hair in a ponytail and it's dry and damaged....I always want to pass out a card and say "Log on to Longhaircareforum.com"

Back