Hair Pet Peeves

Little girls with severe breakage and over-processed hair. Little girls with 5lbs of weave in their hair. I mean, so much weave; it's amazing how they can hold their precious little heads up. I don't blame them, I blame their mothers.

Mine is when you do a hair style one time, and it is sooooo cute, but when you try to do it again, it don't wanna do right.

Nasty stuff: When DH shaves and he leaves the dots in the sink. UGH. Thank God for his and her sinks, but still, i don't like looking at it. LOL.

yeah i hate that I can't seem to duplicate my no heat roller set from 2007/2008

I don't like hair in my products. I have to make sure that my products are clean after i use them. And i have to wipe off the tops :look:.

meeeee too, i wipe the edges and go around the whole rim to leave it clean.

ditto on ALL of the above, but to add on...

1)pieces of hair (not just one or two but many) on the back on folks clothes
2)food industry folks who DON'T wear hair nets....ewww:nono:\
3)dried, flaked up gel on the edges of some females or even males
4)this might be weird but when my sister/brother JABS their hands in my products...(for example, when i use my silicon mix i gently scope the mix out the container leaving a neat, circular appearance behind....my sister/brothers would just stick their fingers in and grab:wallbash:--i hope that makes sense)

I HATE that too, my son did that the other day in my mango butter. . .I had to calm myself down. like, dude, I told you to get a little bit off the top, not put a finger sized crater all the way to the bottom. :nono:

Hair pics with a dirty/ untidy background. Esp if you've got dirty underwear on the ground!!! Yes I've actually seen a photo like that on fotki. I'd read posts about such things, but to actually see it ... :blush: Crop that **** out!!

yes yes yes

Oh, I got another. . .

little girls with bone straight relaxed short, clearly damaged, greasy hair

little girls with ultra amounts of hair weave braided into a style that only grown folks need to wear

when you go to the salon and get your hair done and it's fly and you ask the stylist what is the best way to maintain the style, take their advise and painstakingly do what they tell you, only to wake up the next morning feeling like you need to go to the salon.

Little girls with severe breakage and over-processed hair. Little girls with 5lbs of weave in their hair. I mean, so much weave; it's amazing how they can hold their precious little heads up. I don't blame them, I blame their mothers.

Definitely a pet peeve of mine... little girls should not have weave in their head, especially if they are only 6 years old... My neighbor keeps a ton of weave in her 6 y/o daughters head. I don't think I've ever seen her real hair :nono:

dandruff all over the persons head.

yesssssss

and too much product to the point that it begins to flake and turn into chunks. . . .I saw someone at walmart like that I felt like maybe she didn't know it had happened because perhaps she hadn't been in the mirror since she got ready that morning. It was bad. it was as though someone had put school glue in her hair, let it dry, and then started peeling it up(you know how we use to do in elementary school)

I hate it when I wear my hair down, thinking I'm all cute n stuff....then the wind jus smacks every strand in my hair in all directions til I'm lookin like Sonic the Hedgehog:hair:....makes me feel so violated...

-Finicky hair that can not make up its mind about products/techniques.

-Sticky hair products. I don't know what they put in certain things, but ick.

-Men with "good hair" who let their hair grow long even though it's thinning to the point that they are almost bald. Lol, we got it. The world now knows you have "good hair". Please cut it. You give men with long hair a bad name.

-Random particles finding their way into my hair. I found red lent in my hair the other day. I guess it was from my blanket. I'm just not sure how it got there.

-This hairdo going around that makes women look like triceratops. Brown gel is NOT your friend.

I hadn't seen a thread like this so I thought I'd start it. What are your worst hair pet peeves?

Mine are
to find pieces of hair in the grease,oil, or any other hair product that you have to stick your finger in

to find a dirty comb or brush yucked up with lint

balls of hair sitting on the back of the sink

people who just stick their dirty hands in your hair on a good day when it is fly. . . .I think it's just hateration and they just want to mess it up.

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head for me...no need for me to even post. lol!

Hair on the walls of the shower or on wet floors. Clean it up people!

You aint never lied...when I was in technical training school for the military those white girls were good for that mess. I was the bay monitor, so I made sure everybody was cleaning and taking out the trash things like that and the things those girls did were just so nasty. I'm kinda OCD picky so I know they hated me but I wasn't bossy just REAL-There is nothing abnormal about cleaning up after yourself OCD or NOT! I wasn't afraid to tell em either. I be wanna yell out-You momma and give you no home trainin! :lachen:But they would not have understood what I was sayin.

I hate seeing baby curls on the shower wall after I take a shower.

I hate seing hair in my denman brush.

I hate how my hair will be all fly but in the middle of my head (which is a diffent texture) dosen't want to act right.

I hate how it seems I just colored my hair and I have gray hair already sprouting up.

I hadn't seen a thread like this so I thought I'd start it. What are your worst hair pet peeves?

Mine are
to find pieces of hair in the grease,oil, or any other hair product that you have to stick your finger in

to find a dirty comb or brush yucked up with lint

balls of hair sitting on the back of the sink

people who just stick their dirty hands in your hair on a good day when it is fly. . . .I think it's just hateration and they just want to mess it up.

Seeing someone else's hair that looks dirty, is stank, or has loads of dandruff. Uh WASH IT PLEASE.

When my sister uses up all of my product, instead of buying her owns.. I spend money for my hair care, not the both of ours.. and She swears up n down she doesn't use that much, but finishes off a 1/2 full bottle..smh.. OOOOOOO that grinds my gears...

Also, a big thing that grinds my gears when I was relaxed and natural.. is people telling me what to do with my hair ESPECIALLy, when their hair is at one length and stays there....(ex. "U shouldnt wash your hair so much it'll fall out", or "u need to use heat so it'll be str8).... everytime someone comes with that I look at them like they're literally retarded.. Like "my hair is past yours and still growing, obviously i'm doin something correct, figure out why ya hair wont move past that length then get at me"

Another pet peeve is ignorant people who be like "your hair isn't done" or "you need a relaxer" or when they refer to my hair as "this stuff" ... "i'm just sittin there lookin at the person, like Yeah, but ya hair looked like this at one point" or especially dudes who make comments.... "Some of the chicks u see have the same 'stuff', Yeah, this is what they look like before they relax it..so shut it" <<< that line usually shuts dudes up, which is too hilarious.. smh

What also Grinds my gears, water in mah ears when I wash..lol

I think that's it for right now

My #1 Hair Pet Peeve: Is Somebody Asking to Borrow your Comb/Brush!:eek:

Someone asked me that not too long ago. . . . . . .still trying to figure out how a woman with daughters doesn't have a comb and really needs to borrow one. sigh

Oh, another pet peeve is people who go natural and use naturalness as an excuse to just not comb their hair at all, ever, for any reason and just let it be on their head, tangled up, dirty, and funky.

people who have locks but don't take care of them, be like 8 inches of new growth and they just keep brushing it back. I mean, if you're gonna lock your hair, be prepared to keep it twisted.

and no, i'm not hating on the naturals because there are some people who relax their hair and still don't comb it. hair is all breaking and snapping, they never ever curl, wrap, roll twist it or anything. They just religiously relax their hair every six weeks on the dot and then never style it. WHAT IS THE POINT?

can't leave out the dudes who love their precious waves so much that they don't wash their hair because they feel like they'll lose the waves, c'mon, bruhs, if you work hard outdoors all day, then go balling you HAVE to wash the hair because all the wave grease gets dusty looking and it smells hideous

#1 Pet Peeve: Unhealthy looking/uneven/thin ends (Not knocking anyone, but I just can't do it)

-You do hair, but your kids hair always looks a mess. (Your's stay's flyy though)
-Kids hair neglect/abuse
-People asking to borrow my comb/brushes
-Misusing my expensive products
-Dandruff
-Them little white bumps that come when hair is pulled too tightly. I saw a little girl with them all across her hairline and I wanted to cry/puke/slap her momma all at the same time
-Stiff greasy hair
-Hair that has been in a wrap and has been combed down, but still looks like it's swooping to the side back into the wrap
-Too tight ponytails
-Unnatural hair colors (baby blue,lime green,burnt orange)
-Hair Glue Weaves
-See through updos
-Ate up/thin edges

Someone asked me that not too long ago. . . . . . .still trying to figure out how a woman with daughters doesn't have a comb and really needs to borrow one. sigh

The VP (yes I said Vice President) in the Office next door to mine, came in my Office on her way to a meeting and asked if I had a comb?

Not to mention she asked to borrow some Mascara & Some Lipstick:eek:

I said No to the Comb and the Mascara (eeeewww too many germs) I couldn't get away with the Lipstick, because I am always Made Up.:ohwell:

So, I told her to "keep the tube":nono:

But the next day, I brought her a little care package in of Lipsticks, so she wouldn't ever ask me that again:look:

Hair strands on the floor.

I sweep/mop/vaccum my bathroom floor about twice a week because i am so anal about dirt/hair on the floor.

I keep clorox wipes on my bathroom counter and wipe/pick up any shed hair in my sink while styling AND if any hairs fall on the floor, it must be cleaned up or else i cant brush my teeth or take a shower.

Hair strands on the floor.

I sweep/mop/vaccum my bathroom floor about twice a week because i am so anal about dirt/hair on the floor.

I keep clorox wipes on my bathroom counter and wipe/pick up any shed hair in my sink while styling AND if any hairs fall on the floor, it must be cleaned up or else i cant brush my teeth or take a shower.
You would surely kick me out of your house then.:perplexed I have a BAD habit of that and then i wonder why i have random hairs mixed in my whites coming straight from the dryer (walking the floors in my socks them throwing then in the hamper).

When someone's ponytail is the size of my pinky finger. Why even bother?

When you have your hair out and when you bend your head down, the hair is stiff as a board. I feel like your hair should move when your head moves.

people who have locks but don't take care of them, be like 8 inches of new growth and they just keep brushing it back. I mean, if you're gonna lock your hair, be prepared to keep it twisted.

THANK YOU!!! Why get it done????

There is a woman at church who has not re twisted her hair since she got it dreaded 2 years ago..............:sad: What the hell?

I cannot stand the following:

• Braids or twists that have been in your hair for 4 - 6 months. NASTY. I can't even talk to these people.:nono:
  • A RAGGEDY ponytail - complete with Chewed ends.:blush: WHY???? Why??? and - yes I know a few people like this..... They make money - they are smart, they don't do anything to their hair - and wonder what the problem is. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • People with JACKED up hair asking for advice - and then - don't take it.... at all.:nono: Don't ask me for nothin' else.

I hate it when I wear my hair down, thinking I'm all cute n stuff....then the wind jus smacks every strand in my hair in all directions til I'm lookin like Sonic the Hedgehog:hair:....makes me feel so violated...

Yes! And then it gets stuck in my lip gloss. Annoying and not cute!

-Finicky hair that can not make up its mind about products/techniques.

-Sticky hair products. I don't know what they put in certain things, but ick.

-Men with "good hair" who let their hair grow long even though it's thinning to the point that they are almost bald. Lol, we got it. The world now knows you have "good hair". Please cut it. You give men with long hair a bad name.

-Random particles finding their way into my hair. I found red lent in my hair the other day. I guess it was from my blanket. I'm just not sure how it got there.

-This hairdo going around that makes women look like triceratops. Brown gel is NOT your friend.
:lachen:There's a man like this at my job! He greases and slicks back his 5 strands of "curly" hair on a daily basis...I want so badly for him to just L.I.G. LET IT GO! Bald can be attractive too

Back