Gratitude in the Gethsemane

hold fast until complete breakthrough comes. Bless and praise the Lord for all his benefits.

Psalm 103
A Psalm of David.
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s

Thank you Ultrasuedea...for encouraging words to me and for your posts which I look forward to reading and praying on..103 is one of my key prayer psalms

Holding fast until breakthrough....remembering all His benefits..all is healed
and my youth and life renwed like the eagles

Hebrews 10 :37-39-Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. 36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:
37 “ For yet a little while,
And He who is coming will come and will not tarry.
38 Now the just shall live by faith;
But if anyone draws back,
My soul has no pleasure in him.

39 But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.

I am thankful today for the knowledge, remembrance, and evidence of past blessings because they give me the confidence and faith to know that more blessings are on the way.

I am grateful that what is impossible for me is easily accomplished in Christ...Thank you God!

Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son (Genesis 18:14).

All Christians are either problem conscious or power conscious.
Sarah looked at the problems concerning giving birth to Abraham's child and they seemed insurmountable. Her husband was just entering his second century and she was ninety years old. When the word came from God that she would bear a son, she laughed.
Her faith was small...the mustard seed variety.
But God was better than Sarah's faith. And Sarah learned that nothing is too hard for the Lord.
Interesting, in the New Testament record of this encounter with Sarah, there is no mention of her laughter. Though her faith was small, God honored it and Sarah is listed in the great faith chapter of the New Testament as follows: Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised (Hebrews 11:11).Sarah's trembling faith made her part of a miracle. Her first reaction to God's promise did not make her unfit to be the vessel He would use. After thinking about the promise, Sarah concluded that although her faith was weak, God was strong and faithful. Once that was settled, her laughter of unbelief ended.
Why?Simply because she turned her thoughts from the problems to the power of God. Sarah needed that question: "Is any thing too hard for the Lord?" And you may need it, too!
Stop focusing on your problems. Consider His power

My God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Romans 8:32

"For nothing shall be impossible for God." Luke 1:37

And Jesus, having looked upon them, saith, 'With men it is impossible, but not with God; for all things are possible with God.' ...
Mark 10: 27

Luke 1:45 Blessed is she who believed, for there will be a fulfillment of those things which were told her from the Lord.”

I am grateful that God is always with me and ready to rejoice with me in harvest time!

Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”

I am thankful to have the knowledge that the Lord prospers those who trust in him.

Proverbs 28:25 He who is of a proud heart stirs up strife,
But he who trusts in the LORD will be prospered

My gratitude today is God's merciful gift of the forgiveness of sin,of His Son dying on the cross and ressurection and and that He gives mercy

For though a righteous man falls...he rises again." Proverbs 24:16 NIV

Get up and run!
Carole Mayhall writes: "The other night Jack and I watched a television drama called 'See How She Runs.' In it a 40-year-old, divorced schoolteacher decided to become a jogger and eventually entered the 26-mile Boston Marathon. It's a grueling test of heart, mind and body. To finish the race became her goal, and in spite of being jeered at and assaulted she didn't lose sight of it. When the day of the race came she faced her ultimate test. As she ran huge blisters developed on her feet. She was hit and injured by a bicycle. Several miles short of the finish line found her utterly exhausted, yet she kept going. Then within a few hundred yards of her goal, late at night when most other runners had finished or dropped out, she fell and lay flat on her face too tired to get up. But her friends put a crude tape across the finish line and began to cheer her on. She lifted her head, saw the tape and realized her goal was within sight. With supreme effort she got back up, and with a burst of energy dredged up from deep within her, ran the last few yards."
Victory belongs to those who keep looking at the goal, not the going; not the process, but the prize; not the trial, but the treasure that's promised to those who persevere. A twofold theme of Christianity is, rising again and running the race. But you can't win if you don't run and risk falling. And no matter what caused you to fall, the word for you today is, "Take God's hand, get up, and run!"

Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

2 Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-
3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
6 The LORD works righteousness
and justice for all the oppressed.
7 He made known his ways to Moses,
his deeds to the people of Israel:
8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.
9 He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;
10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
13 As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;
14 for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.
15 As for man, his days are like grass,
he flourishes like a flower of the field;
16 the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.
17 But from everlasting to everlasting
the LORD's love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children's children-
18 with those who keep his covenant
and remember to obey his precepts.
19 The LORD has established his throne in heaven,
and his kingdom rules over all.
20 Praise the LORD, you his angels,
you mighty ones who do his bidding,
who obey his word.
21 Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts,
you his servants who do his will. 22 Praise the LORD, all his works
everywhere in his dominion.
Praise the LORD, O my soul.

Dust and Destiny by Dr. Warren WiersbeRead Psalm 103:13-18
Our God remembers what we often forget. Sometimes we forget the things He wants us to remember, and that gets us into trouble. Have you remembered lately what you are made of? "As a father pities his children, so the Lord pities those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust" (vv. 13,14). God took the dust of the ground and made Adam. Then He breathed into Adam the breath of life, and he became a living soul. Physically, we are made from the dust. But we have the mark of deity upon us, for we are made in the image of God.
When we think of dust, we think of something common and ordinary. You can walk out the back door and find dust. Perhaps you don't even have to go that far. You might just want to look on top of the radio or the dining room table. Dust speaks of weakness and frailty. But it also speaks of tremendous potential. God made us from dust that we might be weak in ourselves but strong in Him. God took the dust and made clay, and then He took the clay and made a man. Where there is dust, there is potential. He is the Potter; we are the clay.
You have to say, "Lord, You made me out of dust but full of potential. And you made me this way that I might be weak in myself but strong in You. 'Mold me and make me after Your will, while I am waiting, yielded and still."' Paul said, "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me" (Phil. 4:13). He also said, "We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us" (II Cor. 4:7).
* * *Where there is dust, there is potential. Where there is dust, there is opportunity for growth. Continue to yield to Him and His creative process in your life. Ask Him to mold you after His will.

Part 2 ....still grateful for God's forgiveness......and even God's favor showing mercy and unconditional love in the knowledge that those in Christ are heartbroken over sin and do best to be perfect as our Father in Heaven is perfect

Ruth: God's Favor
The story of Ruth should be one of great comfort. We always talk about the fact God loves us, is in control, and doesn’t make mistakes. We know He is at work behind the scenes. But sometimes we don’t have the faith to live in this reality. The account of Ruth is given for many reasons, but among them, it serves as an illustration of God working even when the recipients of His work aren’t aware of it.

Ruth asks one question, “Why have I found such favor in your eyes that you notice me — a foreigner?”

“… there is one question I cannot answer: Why have I found grace in the eyes of God? Now don’t tell me to go home and look in the mirror, because I’ve done that. Frankly, friend, the image is something that’s not quite attractive. I don’t see the answer in the mirror. But God has extended grace toward us. … We’re sinners, and we’re in rebellion against God. And yet, in spite of all that, God loves us! That is one of the great truths of the Word of God. He demonstrated that love, because “while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” He extended His grace to us. And, friend, that’s the basis upon which He saves us today. He hasn’t any other reason for saving us.” 10

Ezekiel36-.I had concern for my holy name, which the house of Israel profaned among the nations where they had gone. 22

"Therefore say to the house of Israel, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am going to do these things, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you have gone. 23 I will show the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, the name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Sovereign LORD, when I show myself holy through you before their eyes.

24 " 'For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. 28 You will live in the land I gave your forefathers; you will be my people, and I will be your God. 29 I will save you from all your uncleanness. I will call for the grain and make it plentiful and will not bring famine upon you. 30 I will increase the fruit of the trees and the crops of the field, so that you will no longer suffer disgrace among the nations because of famine. 31 Then you will remember your evil ways and wicked deeds, and you will loathe yourselves for your sins and detestable practices. 32 I want you to know that I am not doing this for your sake, declares the Sovereign LORD. Be ashamed and disgraced for your conduct, O house of Israel!

33 " 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: On the day I cleanse you from all your sins, I will resettle your towns, and the ruins will be rebuilt. 34 The desolate land will be cultivated instead of lying desolate in the sight of all who pass through it. 35 They will say, "This land that was laid waste has become like the garden of Eden; the cities that were lying in ruins, desolate and destroyed, are now fortified and inhabited." 36 Then the nations around you that remain will know that I the LORD have rebuilt what was destroyed and have replanted what was desolate. I the LORD have spoken, and I will do it.'

37 "This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Once again I will yield to the plea of the house of Israel and do this for them: I will make their people as numerous as sheep, 38 as numerous as the flocks for offerings at Jerusalem during her appointed feasts. So will the ruined cities be filled with flocks of people. Then they will know that I am the LORD."

I Thank God today that In my Dry Seasons and my Uncertain Seasons which was for about from 2005-2008 still in them. That even though it is hard and gets harder. It does not matter no more b/c :

1. What the devil doing aganist me God is turning it all around for my Good. Gen.50:20
2. That I can still Praise God even though nothing is happening! I know by Faith that God will make things happen!
3. I am getting ready to reap a hundred fold blessings in 2009 and beyond.
4. God still hears and answers my prayers and God also makes water in my Dry Valley's.

I Really Thank God for my Bad times.

Luke 11
Jesus' Teaching on Prayer
1One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples."
2He said to them, "When you pray, say:
" 'Father,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.
3Give us each day our daily bread.
4Forgive us our sins,
for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.
And lead us not into temptation."

5Then he said to them, "Suppose one of you has a friend, and he goes to him at midnight and says, 'Friend, lend me three loaves of bread, 6because a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have nothing to set before him.'

7"Then the one inside answers, 'Don't bother me. The door is already locked, and my children are with me in bed. I can't get up and give you anything.' 8I tell you, though he will not get up and give him the bread because he is his friend, yet because of the man's boldness he will get up and give him as much as he needs.

9"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

11"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

I thank the Lord today for all my blessings and for the revelation of his word that lets me know that he has brought me too far for me to give up now. I must keep praying, believing,and have the faith that God is continuing to perfect that which concerns me.

Genesis 32:22-30 That night Jacob got up and took his two wives, his two maidservants and his eleven sons and crossed the ford of the Jabbok. 23 After he had sent them across the stream, he sent over all his possessions. 24 So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. 25 When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob's hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. 26 Then the man said, "Let me go, for it is daybreak."
But Jacob replied, "I will not let you go unless you bless me."
27 The man asked him, "What is your name?"
"Jacob," he answered.

28 Then the man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome."

29 Jacob said, "Please tell me your name."
But he replied, "Why do you ask my name?" Then he blessed him there.

30 So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, "It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared."

I am thankful today because I am encouraged by the word to hold on and not let go of the promises of the Lord , until I get blessed.

grateful for when under spiritual attack...God always wins

BE A WARRIOR!

"I saw satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions and over ALL the power of the enemy, and NOTHING shall by any means hurt you." Luke 10:18-19.

What does that verse do to you inside? I think that is one of the most powerful verses in the Bible! Here, Jesus is telling us to be a warrior!!! He's telling us not to worry, because He gives us authority to "squash" the enemy!!!! And not just alittle of the enemy's power, but over ALL of satan's power!! That is good news!!!!

Jesus tells us that He saw satan fall like lightning. Think about that for a moment. Lightning is very fast. That means satan fell fast and hard!!!!!

Then, Jesus tells us that He gives us authority over ALL of satan's power!! Think about that for a moment too. That means that satan does not have authority over us, unless we give it to him. We have authority over him! Praise God, satan has to obey us through the Name of Jesus!!!

I say it's time for Christian's to start exercising their authority over satan, right now! It's time for you to put satan under your feet and squash him. Recognize his evil ways and intents, and then just put him right where he belongs! Don't take anymore of his garbage!!! It's time we start storming the gates of hell and remind satan of his future! Remind satan who really has the authority!

One thing that satan cannot stand is the blood of Jesus. He cannot stand for you to apply the blood of Jesus over yourselves or your loved ones. He cannot stand for you to talk about the blood of Jesus, because he knows that is what defeated him, two thousand years ago! He's been on a mission for quite sometime to "do away" with any talk of the blood of Jesus. It's the one thing that will cause him to flee from his victims.

Take up your shield of faith! Put on your helmet of salvation! Gird your waist with truth! Put on the breastplate of righteousness! Shod your feet with peace! Then, arm yourself with the sword, which is God's Word!!!!

Vision yourself as one of those knights......you are dressed that way spiritually! Make sure you have your armour on correctly, then you will be unharmed!!!

God's Word is the most deadly weapon to satan. So, when you start telling him just what the scriptures say (quoting scriptures), then apply the blood of Jesus......watch satan run as fast as he fell from heaven!!!! He will flee from you!!!!
So, put all your armour on, take up your weapon, and start storming the gates of hell in your life, your family's life and your church's life....in every area!!!

Until next time, FIGHT!!!! Declare your Holy war on satan! With your armour and weapon equipped, FIGHT!!!! You have the authority over him, so TAKE BACK what belongs to you, in every area!!!!!

I am grateful that there is always something to be thankful for and that I can be content and at peace in all circumstances.

Philippians 4: 11-13
Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Luke 24 :44-53 He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

45Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48You are witnesses of these things. 49I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."

The Ascension
50When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. 51While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. 52Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. 53And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.

I am thankful today for forgiveness, the ability to forgive and be forgiven when I am wrong.

I am grateful that before I ask it is given...I am grateful Ihave been instructed to ask
and only trust with the size of a mustard seed... that I will receive

God Knows Us

Read Psalm 139:1-14
Your Father knows what you need before you ask.
-Matthew 6:8 (NRSV)
VERY often we find we have so many things to pray for that we don't know how or where to begin. Our prayers can be jumbled and muddled as we pour out our needs to God. We feel confused and mixed up as we try in earnest to convey all we think God needs to know.
But we need not fear. God who knows each one of us intimately knows our needs before we even speak. God also knows our fears, our sins, and our feelings of inadequacy and insecurity. God knows every detail of your life and mine.
As Jesus talked to the woman at the well, she told him some personal facts. But Jesus already knew them! When Jesus walked along the road in Jericho, he already knew Zacchaeus was in the tree; in fact, he knew all about Zacchaeus too.
God knows about us as well. Even before we were born, God knew us. From the moment of our conception God has watched us. When we are in turmoil over how and what to pray, we can offer God simple words and our heart's yearnings. Our powerful and amazing God already knows the facts.
Gil Sayer (West Sussex, England)

Thank you, Lord, that we don't need to offer complicated prayers. Whatever words we can say are enough for you because you know us so intimately. Amen.

Isaiah 12
Songs of Praise
1 In that day you will say:
"I will praise you, O LORD.
Although you were angry with me,
your anger has turned away
and you have comforted me.
2 Surely God is my salvation;
I will trust and not be afraid.
The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation."

3 With joy you will draw water
from the wells of salvation.

4 In that day you will say:
"Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done,
and proclaim that his name is exalted.

5 Sing to the LORD, for he has done glorious things;
let this be known to all the world.

6 Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion,
for great is the Holy One of Israel among you."

I am thankful today because God is my salvation, I will trust him and not be afraid. The Lord is my strength and my song. Praise the Lord!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although you were angry with me,
your anger has turned away

In affliction I count it all joy and am grateful for the lessons ..and am willing to learn
My God will deliver me and I say thank you and love you dear Lord.

Coming In; Going Out

Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out. (Deuteronomy 28:6)

The blessings of the law are not canceled. Jesus confirmed the promise when He bore the penalty. If I keep the commands of my Lord, I may appropriate this promise without question.
This day I will come in to my house without fear of evil tidings, and I will come in to my closet expecting to hear good news from my Lord. I will not be afraid to come in unto myself by self-examination, nor to come in to my affairs by a diligent inspection of my business. I have a good deal of work to do indoors, within my own soul; oh, for a blessing upon it all, the blessing of the Lord Jesus, who has promised to abide with me.

I must also go out. Timidity makes me wish that I could stay within doors and never go into the sinful world again. But I must go out in my calling, and I must go out that I may be helpful to my brethren and useful to the ungodly. I must be a defender of the faith and an assailant of evil. Oh, for a blessing upon my going out this day! Lord, let me go where Thou leadest, on Thy errands, under Thy command, and in the power of Thy Spirit.

God's merciful salvation (from sin and unto godliness) is enjoyed by those who call upon Him wholeheartedly. "I entreated Your favor with my whole heart; Be merciful to me according to Your word" (Psalm 119:58).

Call upon the Lord
Every person who has found new life through the Lord's merciful salvation eventually encounters times when a reviving is needed. The difficulties of life seem to choke all spiritual vitality out of us. It is time to call upon the Lord and turn to His word. "I am afflicted very much; Revive me, O LORD, according to Your word" (Psalm 119:107). Sometimes, the battle is so intense that our inner man seems to be smashed face down in the dirt. Again, it is time to seek the Lord in His word. "My soul clings to the dust; Revive me according to Your word" (Psalm 119:25). Yes, in God's word, we find direction for our lives and replenishing of our lives.

Dear Lord of the Scriptures, I praise You for giving me new life according to Your word. Now, in the afflictions and battles that I face, I ask You to revive me according to Your word.

Lord Jesus, turn in with me and be my guest; and then walk out with me and cause my heart to burn while You speak with me by the way.

Last edited:
Thank you Lord Jesus I got a call back for a job today. I will keep you guys posted on the outcome. I was feeling so bad yesterday and that call was so welcome.

Thank You Jesus

You read my mind today! I am also grateful for God's forgiveness and for being longsuffering. No matter how I fail or disappoint, He still shows me His loving kindness.

Luke 24 :44-53 He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

45Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48You are witnesses of these things. 49I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."

The Ascension
50When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. 51While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. 52Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. 53And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.

I am thankful today for forgiveness, the ability to forgive and be forgiven when I am wrong.

I thank the Lord for His Divine loving healing hand that protects me from all evil. According to His word, I am gratetful and now utilize His talents given me even,when it seems there is no use to,but to instead heed the instruction to meditate on what is lovely with a glad and grateful heart
Expecting only His good.....I enter my day with HIS profound loving peace.

Phillipians 4
Always be glad because of the Lord! I will say it again: Be glad. 5Always be gentle with others. The Lord will soon be here. 6Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God. 7Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel.

8Finally, my friends, keep your minds on whatever is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper. Don't ever stop thinking about what is truly worthwhile and worthy of praise. 9You know the teachings I gave you, and you know what you heard me say and saw me do. So follow my example. And God, who gives peace, will be with you.

Once there was a man who was about to leave home on a trip; he called his servants and put them in charge of his property. 15 He gave to each one according to his ability: to one he gave five thousand gold coins, to another he gave two thousand, and to another he gave one thousand. Then he left on his trip. 16The servant who had received five thousand coins went at once and invested his money and earned another five thousand. 17In the same way the servant who had received two thousand coins earned another two thousand. 18But the servant who had received one thousand coins went off, dug a hole in the ground, and hid his master's money. 19"After a long time the master of those servants came back and settled accounts with them. 20The servant who had received five thousand coins came in and handed over the other five thousand. "You gave me five thousand coins, sir,' he said. "Look! Here are another five thousand that I have earned.' 21 "Well done, you good and faithful servant!' said his master. "You have been faithful in managing small amounts, so I will put you in charge of large amounts. Come on in and share my happiness!' 22Then the servant who had been given two thousand coins came in and said, "You gave me two thousand coins, sir. Look! Here are another two thousand that I have earned.' 23"Well done, you good and faithful servant!' said his master. "You have been faithful in managing small amounts, so I will put you in charge of large amounts. Come on in and share my happiness!' 24Then the servant who had received one thousand coins came in and said, "Sir, I know you are a hard man; you reap harvests where you did not plant, and you gather crops where you did not scatter seed. 25I was afraid, so I went off and hid your money in the ground. Look! Here is what belongs to you.' 26 "You bad and lazy servant!' his master said. "You knew, did you, that I reap harvests where I did not plant, and gather crops where I did not scatter seed? 27Well, then, you should have deposited my money in the bank, and I would have received it all back with interest when I returned. 28Now, take the money away from him and give it to the one who has ten thousand coins. 29For to every person who has something, even more will be given, and he will have more than enough; but the person who has nothing, even the little that he has will be taken away from him. 30As for this useless servant - throw him outside in the darkness; there he will cry and gnash his teeth.'

Last edited:
I am grateful that God cares about my needs and worries and will sustain me even in my darkest hours.

Psalms 55:22
Cast your burden on the LORD,
And He shall sustain you;
He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.

Isaiah 55
Invitation to the Thirsty
1 "Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.
2 Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.

3 Give ear and come to me;
hear me, that your soul may live.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
my faithful love promised to David.

4 See, I have made him a witness to the peoples,
a leader and commander of the peoples.

5 Surely you will summon nations you know not,
and nations that do not know you will hasten to you,
because of the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel,
for he has endowed you with splendor."

6 Seek the LORD while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.

7 Let the wicked forsake his way
and the evil man his thoughts.
Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

12 You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands.

13 Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree,
and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the LORD's renown,
for an everlasting sign,
which will not be destroyed."

I am thankful that God knows all and everything, and since his thoughts and ways are higher than ours he can provide solutions to our problems and needs that we ourselves would never conceive. I know that God can make a way out of no way. I've seen it happen. Praise the Lord!

Grateful for joy even in the Gethsemane....it will come surely as night and as morning

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning” Psalms 30: 4-5

16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be made full.
John 16:24 ASV

Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favor my righteous cause: Yea, let them say continually, Jehovah be magnified, Who hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
Psalms 35:27 ASV

Jeremiah 31:10, 13 (NRSV)
Hear the word of the LORD, O nations, and declare it in the coastlands far away; say, "He who scattered Israel will gather him, and will keep him as a shepherd a flock." ... Then shall the young women rejoice in the dance, and the young men and the old shall be merry. I will turn their mourning into joy, I will comfort them, and give them gladness for sorrow.

Matthew 6:25-34 Do Not Worry
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life.
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I am thankful today that the Lord's instructions are not to worry because God is well aware of all my needs.

This thread is a blessing!

I'm thankful that God has given me the spirit of hope again about an ongoing situation in my life.

I'm thankful that God reminded me about His word in Romans 8:24-25

"For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man sees, why does he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it"​

Remember it's faith that changes things, and without the inner image of hope, faith cannot work - Kenneth Copeland

Matthew 6:25-34 Do Not Worry
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life.
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I am thankful today that the Lord's instructions are not to worry because God is well aware of all my needs.

I need this Promise.....and I know the Lord will come through with blessings in abundance...for all of us...thank you

This thread is a blessing!

Yes it is ..it has kept me from complete despair... and offers a daily dose of hope and encouragement and answered prayer

I'm thankful that God has given me the spirit of hope again about an ongoing situation in my life.

I SO need to hear this...Holding on to this promise
...that means it applies to ALL of us reading
and that I too can know and claim ,the Lord is making all things new that were once thought hopeless

I'm thankful that God reminded me about His word in Romans 8:24-25

"For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man sees, why does he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it"

Remember it's faith that changes things, and without the inner image of hope, faith cannot work - Kenneth Copeland

Ultrasuedea and PinkPebbles ..thank you for restorative healing words

Jude 1:17-24 A call to persevere
17But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18They said to you, "In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires." 19These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.
20But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. 21Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

22Be merciful to those who doubt; 23snatch others from the fire and save them; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

Doxology
24To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— 25to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

I am thankful today for the Holy Spirit who helps us build up and sustain our faith and who gives supernatural comfort and strength when we need it most.

Back