Gratitude in the Gethsemane

Titus 1:1-3 (New King James Version)

Titus 1
Greeting
1 Paul, a bondservant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God’s elect and the acknowledgment of the truth which accords with godliness, 2 in hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began, 3 but has in due time manifested His word through preaching, which was committed to me according to the commandment of God our Savior;

I am thankful for God's promises which can be manifested for us if we believe , because God cannot lie. I am also thankful to the Holy Spirit which sustains us as we wait and believe for answered prayer.

I am thankful for God's promises which can be manifested for us if we believe , because God cannot lie. I am also thankful to the Holy Spirit which sustains us as we wait and believe for answered prayer.

Agreed and amen. Sometimes when you are going through it, it is easy to get discouraged. Thank you so much for your encouraging words and reminding us that God is not a man that He should lie-He hears and answers our prayers.

I am grateful to God for whatever it is that He would like to give me or however He would like to bless me. Not just talking material gifts, but spiritual gifts and the intangibles-wisdom, peace of mind, encouragement, etc.

2 Corinthians 9:15 (NIV)
Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

With all its up and downs..God has gifted me with a wonderful life
and I am grateful....and content in it. Praise be to God

1 Thessalonians 4:11
And to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands, just as we commanded you…

1 Timothy 6:6
But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment.

Philippians 4:11-13
For I have learned to be content, whatever the circumstances may be. I know now how to live when things are difficult and I know how to live when things are prosperous. In general and in particular I have learned the secret of eating well or going hungry of facing either plenty of poverty. I am ready for anything through the strength of the One who lives within me.

Isaiah 54-17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the LORD.

I am thanking and praising the Lord today because when he said in his word that no weapon formed against us shall prosper he meant it. I am thankful because a relative of mine who was experiencing a hostile work environment on his job was able to find out about and circumvent the negative plans that persons on his job had for him. For at least six months he had been subjected to receiving short pay checks,not being paid for all work done. Having to constantly argue with a hostile payroll supv who disliked him because of his friendship with a former worker. He was also demoted and replaced with a less qualified person and was expected to teach the incompetent person the job. He was hesitant to leave because he has a wife and three children to support. I e-mailed his wife the above scripture a few months ago to confess because I was aware of their frustration over this situation.

Last week he had a flood in a room in his house, but the Lord turned what could have been a negative event to good. After repairing the room, he will have enough left over from the insurance to tide his family over while he looks for another job. Praise the Lord for his deliverance.!

Isaiah 54-17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the LORD.

I am thanking and praising the Lord today because when he said in his word that no weapon formed against us shall prosper he meant it. I am thankful because a relative of mine who was experiencing a hostile work environment on his job was able to find out about and circumvent the negative plans that persons on his job had for him. For at least six months he had been subjected to receiving short pay checks,not being paid for all work done. Having to constantly argue with a hostile payroll supv who disliked him because of his friendship with a former worker. He was also demoted and replaced with a less qualified person and was expected to teach the incompetent person the job. He was hesitant to leave because he has a wife and three children to support. I e-mailed his wife the above scripture a few months ago to confess because I was aware of their frustration over this situation.

Last week he had a flood in a room in his house, but the Lord turned what could have been a negative event to good. After repairing the room, he will have enough left over from the insurance to tide his family over while he looks for another job. Praise the Lord for his deliverance.!

Thanks for sharing this! I always enjoy hearing about how people receive tangible results from standing on the word of God!

Will be keeping him and his family in prayer for God's swift blessings of a new abundant stable employment and harmonious work enviroment

Last edited:
Thanking God I was able to pick up my delayed fee from Riverdale..today
and upon first viewing my bank acct online saw that my teaching gig had not made the direct deposit of my paycheck....and learned that they did not neglect to pay me
but the direct deposit sytem was down so I picked up that check too, deposited them both
and once home again..received in the mail my newly signed renewed lease
with both checks deposited money in the bank for rent and a new sweater..food in my refrig..bills paid for the week...and enough for the rest of the month so I can relax and write
and ...focus on speaking work for 2009 instead of worrying
if varying services will be temporarily shut off or having to ration not only food but meals.
I feel abundant and not frightened...for this I am so so very grateful..
Thanks be to God

Proverbs 27:23
Know well the face of your flocks; and pay attention to your herds.

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

1 Corinthians 16:2
On the first day of every week each one of you is to put aside and save, as he may prosper, so that no collections be made when I come.

Romans 13:8
Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.

Psalm 37:25
I have been young and now I am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his descendants begging bread

Last edited:
Proverbs 10- 17 He who keeps instruction is in the way of life,
But he who refuses correction goes astray.
18 Whoever hides hatred has lying lips,
And whoever spreads slander is a fool.
19 In the multitude of words sin is not lacking,
But he who restrains his lips is wise.
20 The tongue of the righteous is choice silver;
The heart of the wicked is worth little.
21 The lips of the righteous feed many,
But fools die for lack of wisdom.[a]
22 The blessing of the LORD makes one rich,
And He adds no sorrow with it.

I am also thankful that the Lord has provided enough for my needs and obligations for the rest of the month and for this I am truly thankful. Praise the Lord!

22 The blessing of the LORD makes one rich,
And He adds no sorrow with it.

I am also thankful that the Lord has provided enough for my needs and obligations for the rest of the month and for this I am truly thankful. Praise the Lord!

it makes ALL the difference ..thank God

Grateful for miracles thanking God for hearing me and answering
me

Well then, does God supply you with the Spirit and work miracles among you by your doing the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard? (Galatians 3:5 NRSV Bible)

In an old Guideposts magazine, there was the story of Elizabeth English and her husband Herman who owned an appliance store. They also sold toys. In the Christmas of 1946, they had sold about all of their toys. Elizabeth had been uneasy about leaving the store that Christmas Eve because one package on lay-a-way had not been picked up. So Elizabeth and Herman stayed open as long as they could. No one came.
The next day, Christmas day, Elizabeth could not get into the Christmas spirit. Strangely, she began to get the urge to go to the store that morning. After an hour, Elizabeth gave up fighting the urge and told Herman she was going down to the store. As she got to the store, she noticed two small boys standing in front of the store. The little fellows got very excited when they saw Elizabeth coming. They were almost frozen.

The older boy explained to Elizabeth that his younger brother didn't get anything for Christmas, and so they came to get Jimmy some skates. He then pulled out three dollars. Sadly, Elizabeth knew she had sold just about all of her toys. But she happened to glance at the lone package on the lay-a-way shelf. She walked over and ripped off the wrapping to find that it contained a pair of child's skates! Jimmy reached for them and tried them on. They fit perfectly. When the boys tried to pay Elizabeth for the skates, she told them to use their money to buy some gloves. The boys grinned in amazement at the free gift of roller skates.

Elizabeth asked the boys, "How did you know I would come?" The older boy answered, "I knew you would come. I asked Jesus to send you." Now, Elizabeth was in the Christmas spirit.

Just like the miracle these boys experienced, can you imagine the excitement and spirit that must have over come Mary as she began to grasp the miracle that was happening to her.

How about the miracles that God has preformed in your life?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Jesus, I'm honored to have you as the greatest miracle in my life. Please guide me as I share your miracle with others. Amen.

A friend died unexepectedly. Although I don't understand why someone so young must die and leave behind her young children, I am grateful that God is still sovereign, He is still in control, and He is worthy of praise in all situations. I am also grateful that my friend long ago made Jesus her Lord and Savior so I know that she resting in glory.
Dearest Sashaa, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It is my heartfelt prayer that you and her children and loved ones are healed from this saddness and that you will always have her love for you to cherish in your hearts. :rosebud:

Love,
Shimmie

Grateful for miracles thanking God for hearing me and answering me

Well then, does God supply you with the Spirit and work miracles among you by your doing the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard? (Galatians 3:5 NRSV Bible)

In an old Guideposts magazine, there was the story of Elizabeth English and her husband Herman who owned an appliance store. They also sold toys. In the Christmas of 1946, they had sold about all of their toys. Elizabeth had been uneasy about leaving the store that Christmas Eve because one package on lay-a-way had not been picked up. So Elizabeth and Herman stayed open as long as they could. No one came.
The next day, Christmas day, Elizabeth could not get into the Christmas spirit. Strangely, she began to get the urge to go to the store that morning. After an hour, Elizabeth gave up fighting the urge and told Herman she was going down to the store. As she got to the store, she noticed two small boys standing in front of the store. The little fellows got very excited when they saw Elizabeth coming. They were almost frozen.

The older boy explained to Elizabeth that his younger brother didn't get anything for Christmas, and so they came to get Jimmy some skates. He then pulled out three dollars. Sadly, Elizabeth knew she had sold just about all of her toys. But she happened to glance at the lone package on the lay-a-way shelf. She walked over and ripped off the wrapping to find that it contained a pair of child's skates! Jimmy reached for them and tried them on. They fit perfectly. When the boys tried to pay Elizabeth for the skates, she told them to use their money to buy some gloves. The boys grinned in amazement at the free gift of roller skates.

Elizabeth asked the boys, "How did you know I would come?" The older boy answered, "I knew you would come. I asked Jesus to send you." Now, Elizabeth was in the Christmas spirit.

Just like the miracle these boys experienced, can you imagine the excitement and spirit that must have over come Mary as she began to grasp the miracle that was happening to her.

How about the miracles that God has preformed in your life?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Jesus, I'm honored to have you as the greatest miracle in my life. Please guide me as I share your miracle with others. Amen.
Thank Beautiful Kayte, for sharing this 'Miracle' with us. It brings my heart to believe an extra notch for what a miracle that I have asked God for. And I do believe....

Kayte, I thank God for your Miracles and for those of others, In Jesus's Name, Amen and Amen. :giveheart:

believing,tooand praying and standing in agreement,Shimmie
your miracle comes to pass in
Jesus's name and so it is done

Last edited:
When I feel abandoned..and hurt and wounded God...does the miraculous,grants me divine favor and I am healed and comforted and uplifted and restored

Isaiah 49

Restoration of Israel
8 This is what the LORD says:
"In the time of my favor I will answer you,
and in the day of salvation I will help you;
I will keep you and will make you
to be a covenant for the people,
to restore the land
and to reassign its desolate inheritances,
9 to say to the captives, 'Come out,'
and to those in darkness, 'Be free!'
"They will feed beside the roads
and find pasture on every barren hill.

10 They will neither hunger nor thirst,
nor will the desert heat or the sun beat upon them.
He who has compassion on them will guide them
and lead them beside springs of water.

11 I will turn all my mountains into roads,
and my highways will be raised up.

13 Shout for joy, O heavens;
rejoice, O earth;
burst into song, O mountains!
For the LORD comforts his people
and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.

14 But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me,
the Lord has forgotten me."

15 "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
I will not forget you!

16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are ever before me.
17 Your sons hasten back,

and those who laid you waste depart from you.
18 Lift up your eyes and look around;
all your sons gather and come to you.
As surely as I live," declares the LORD,
"you will wear them all as ornaments;
you will put them on, like a bride.

Last edited:
I am feeling the effects of this holiday without my father and others..
because it's hard..recent painful setbacks ...did exactly that set me back
trying very hard to stay in the grace of God and grateful for church and other gentle Christian support when the going is not humanly possible and requires supernatural intervention.

Malachi 4:2
But for you who obey me, my saving power will rise on you like the sun and bring healing like the sun's rays. You will be as free and happy as calves let out of a stall.

Dearest Sashaa, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It is my heartfelt prayer that you and her children and loved ones are healed from this saddness and that you will always have her love for you to cherish in your hearts. :rosebud:

Love,
Shimmie

Thank you, Shimmie. :kiss: The funeral was this weekend and although I will miss her sweet spirit, gentle nature, and warm smile, I take comfort in knowing that she is with our Heavenly Father and that we will meet again. Jesus has already overcome the world, including death.

I am grateful that despite the ice covered roads that I prayed for God's protection and that He brought me to work safely today. I am also grateful that although my phone was should have been disconnected a week ago (I gave a tithe instead of paying the phone bill) that my phone is still on. That is a miracle! Also, when I walked in the house on Friday night, my Dad had snuck over to my house and left me some cash on the table-I hadn't asked for it, but I definitely needed it. God is so good! He is a provider and a protector.

Luke 4:10-11 (NIV)
For it is written:
" 'He will command his angels concerning you
to guard you carefully;
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone."

God is so good! He is a provider and a protector.

Luke 4:10-11 (NIV)
For it is written:
" 'He will command his angels concerning you
to guard you carefully;
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone."

This is so true, he proves it to us again and again.

that my phone is still on.
I've been there

Grateful for you,Sashaa, sharing your hope and your miracle
may God shower you and all of us ....with even more
whether poor in spirit .....finance......health
and turn it around into blessed fulfillment
thank you God for this victory

"Thou, O God, hast prepared of Thy goodness for the poor."
--Psalm 68:10

All God's gifts are prepared gifts laid up in store for wants foreseen. He anticipates our needs; and out of the fulness which He has treasured up in Christ Jesus, He provides of His goodness for the poor. You may trust Him for all the necessities that can occur, for He has infallibly foreknown every one of them. He can say of us in all conditions, "I knew that thou wouldst be this and that." A man goes a journey across the desert, and when he has made a day's advance, and pitched his tent, he discovers that he wants many comforts and necessaries which he has not brought in his baggage. "Ah!" says he, "I did not foresee this: if I had this journey to go again, I should bring these things with me, so necessary to my comfort."

But God has marked with prescient eye all the requirements of His poor wandering children, and when those needs occur, supplies are ready. It is goodness which He has prepared for the poor in heart, goodness and goodness only. "My grace is sufficient for thee." "As thy days, so shall thy strength be."

Reader, is your heart heavy this evening? God knew it would be; the comfort which your heart wants is treasured in the sweet assurance of the text. You are poor and needy, but He has thought upon you, and has the exact blessing which you require in store for you. Plead the promise, believe it and obtain its fulfillment.

Last edited:
Philippians 4:19 (New International Version)

19And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

I am thankful that the Lord is faithful to meet everyone of our needs by his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. And that when one door closes he is faithful to open another. I mentioned before about a relative of mine who left his job because of a very hostile work environment. He was supposed to receive some money because of a flood in his house. Well the expected money was delayed did not come as of yet. They had counted on it to make repairs and pay bills and he and his wife were in a worried state. Today I received a phone call from his wife who said that they had received a substantial monetary gift from a group of people who called them and told her that they don't usually give money, but they felt led to give them a sum of money. His wife said that she didn't ask anyone for anything so she was very surprised. They were blessed to pay their mortgage, water and all utility bills. All I could say was Praise the Lord! This was indeed a miracle.

All I could say was Praise the Lord! This was indeed a miracle

Praise the Lord!!!!!! Yes indeed it was
THANK THANK YOU FOR SHARING ULTRASUEDE
This blesses me too, as God intended it should

No matter how painful ...God has not forgotten me and victory is assured
not just victory but triumph..joy ..tranquility..abundance..love
peace and gentleness
fruit of the Spirit

But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me,
the Lord has forgotten me."

15 "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
I will not forget you!

16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are ever before me.

17 Your sons hasten back,
and those who laid you waste depart from you.

18 Lift up your eyes and look around;
all your sons gather and come to you.
As surely as I live," declares the LORD,
"you will wear them all as ornaments;
you will put them on, like a bride.

Ezekiel 36:24-28 (New King James Version)

24 For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. 25 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. 28 Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God.

I am thankful the Lord has the ability to cleanse our hearts and minds. And that he encourages and renews our spirit when we especially need it. He strengthens us and gives us the courage to persevere.

I am grateful that my faith need only be the size of a mustard seed

Hebrews 11:1 KJV) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

(Luke 17:5 KJV) And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.

Today, I am grateful for favor and provision.

This is from "Today's Word" from Joel and Victoria Osteen:

“Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the Lord blessed him” (Genesis 26:12, KJV).

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria

Have you heard the saying, “ What goes around comes around?” In reality, that saying is based on the principle in God’s Word of sowing and reaping. Everything you have in your life today is a result of seeds sown in your past. It is a spiritual principle that remains no matter what is going on in the natural realm. Harvest time always comes, but you have to do your part and sow good seeds in order to see a good harvest.

For years, Isaac had been praying and seeking God. He worked so hard and dug many wells in the land. When famine and desolation hit, Isaac wasn’t moved. He sowed seed even in the midst of famine and reaped a hundredfold in the same year! This is a reminder to us today, no matter what things look like in the natural realm, God’s system isn’t shaken. Maybe you’ve been working hard for the last few years, praying and believing God. Don’t be shaken by what’s happening in the world around you. Keep sowing, keep believing, keep praying because God is faithful, and He will pour out an abundant harvest of blessing in every area of your life!

God’s system isn’t shaken. Maybe you’ve been working hard for the last few years, praying and believing God. Don’t be shaken by what’s happening in the world around you. Keep sowing, keep believing, keep praying because God is faithful,
and He will pour out an abundant harvest of blessing in every area of your life!]

In every area? ..yes indeed. Amen
I got this today too..so twice is nice and a strong message :)

I am grateful for Jesus....HE makes everything all right
and is the great Healer

John 10
I have come that they may have life and have it more abundantly

Last edited:
Thank you God for a new life abundant in YOUR love victory power and delight
and always being with me and so it is....
thank you Father

Today's Scripture: Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is with you; his power gives you victory. The LORD will take delight in you, and in his love he will give you new life.

Today I am thankful for an unexpected financial gift that was needed. GOD is so good! HE has done marvelous things indeed.

Back