Flying to SC tomorrow to meet my online BF...

Duly noted Info. And hopeful, Eliza only puts the pictures up for a very limited time, I think they were up only for last week.

Thanks! The pics just sounded so nice. I will need to stalk this thread a little better so that I quit missing the pics.

Hey Ladies,

I'm still here. We just got lights back on yesterday from Mr. Ike, only to have them turned off again today. I told myself that they probably turned them back off to be able to turn another location on and that they would be back up before night. Before I had to pull the dinosaur weighted generator back out and gas it back up. And lo and behold the lights came back on after about 6 hours.

That said, I of course have been somewhat preoccupied with the storm called Ike and his collateral damage. We also had a tornado on Saturday after the storm. That almost did more damage than the hurricane.

My love life. Ah well. Let's see. I would be remiss if I didn't say that I have been a bit reluctant to post. This board as of late, maybe not so late, just seems to be so judgmental and negative toward those who would dare to write about their life and the stories that are spawned from it.

I truly love the way you ladies and maybe gents who have followed this thread have encouraged me to write. That is truly motivating. But in the end, I am somewhat hesitant about continuing. I mean I write because it helps me but I post because you have indicated that you want it to continue.

As an artist, a writer who with all my heart desires to be published, I too am taking a great risk in sharing my stories with this board. I often wonder should I or rather when I(cause I have a serious board of directors, hey GG and Info and Andrea who are expecting me to produce a book), write a book and this all comes to fruition, how will it be received?

Will I be ridiculed for telling the story of a young woman who became involved with a drug dealer, joined the ranks of being a single parent, at one time paid her way through college by the cards she had been dealt and eventually became a federal agent, for depicting black stereotypes?

It is my story damn it. And while it may mirror a negative stereotype in the black community, don't I have a right to tell it? If it can help some other young woman or possible man in the same situation see a light at the end of the tunnel, and realize it's not a train bearing down on them, don't I owe it to them? To tell them you can do this because I did it. I finally got it right. I didn't become a statistical fatality, a passenger in the drug world/single parent on welfare for life train.

I know that for the most part all of you who read my writings see the positive. But trust, there is a story coming that for a long time had nothing postive in it.

So just let me say this. There is a thread regarding an author and it broke my heart to see how his work, his story and his triumph was devalued. It really hurt when others who have also written their story in prose thought so little of his story. We all have a story.

And if someone pays you to hear yours manifested through your God given talent to write it. And that leads to you becoming published. And maybe one day played out on the big screen. I will be there with bells on to support you little sister. Because I know your writing was a form of healing.

Just as this writer's early writings in his diary led him to a better place. I just so so hate to see us as black people tear each other down when we feel one of us doesn't live up to the standards we've imprisoned ourselves with.

We as a people are still economically disenfranchised far more than our accountants( for those of us who have such) can imagine. I probably won't even post this. But see just typing it is theraputic. You feel me.

Anyway. It's life. My life and your life. And in the end it is what it is.

Brightest Blessings!

Last edited:
Hey Ladies,

I'm still here. We just got lights back on yesterday from Mr. Ike, only to have them turned off again today. I told myself that they probably turned them back off to be able to turn another location on and that they would be back up before night. Before I had to pull the dinosaur weighted generator back out and gas it back up. And lo and behold the lights came back on after about 6 hours.

That said, I of course have been somewhat preoccupied with the storm called Ike and his collateral damage. We also had a tornado on Saturday after the storm. That almost did more damage than the hurricane.

My love life. Ah well. Let's see. I would be remiss if I didn't say that I have been a bit reluctant to post. This board as of late, maybe not so late, just seems to be so judgmental and negative toward those who would dare to write about their life and the stories that are spawned from it.

I truly love the way you ladies and maybe gents who have followed this thread have encouraged me to write. That is truly motivating. But in the end, I am somewhat hesitant about continuing. I mean I write because it helps me but I post because you have indicated that you want it to continue.

As an artist, a writer who with all my heart desires to be published, I too am taking a great risk in sharing my stories with this board. I often wonder should I or rather when I(cause I have a serious board of directors, hey GG and Info and Andrea who are expecting me to produce a book), write a book and this all comes to fruition, how will it be received?

Will I be ridiculed for telling the story of a young woman who became involved with a drug dealer, joined the ranks of being a single parent, at one time paid her way through college by the cards she had been dealt and eventually became a federal agent, for depicting black stereotypes?

It is my story damn it. And while it may mirror a negative stereotype in the black community, don't I have a right to tell it? If it can help some other young woman or possible man in the same situation see a light at the end of the tunnel, and realize it's not a train bearing down on them, don't I owe it to them? To tell them you can do this because I did it. I finally got it right. I didn't become a statistical fatality, a passenger in the drug world/single parent on welfare for life train.

I know that for the most part all of you who read my writings see the positive. But trust, there is a story coming that for a long time had nothing postive in it.

So just let me say this. There is a thread regarding an author and it broke my heart to see how his work, his story and his triumph was devalued. It really hurt when others who have also written their story in prose thought so little of his story. We all have a story.

And if someone pays you to hear yours manifested through your God given talent to write it. And that leads to you becoming published. And maybe one day played out on the big screen. I will be there with bells on to support you little sister. Because I know your writing was a form of healing.

Just as this writer's early writings in his diary led him to a better place. I just so so hate to see us as black people tear each other down when we feel one of use doesn't live up to the standards we've imprisoned ourselves with.

We as a people are still economically disenfranchised far more than our accountants( for those of us who have such) can imagine. I probably won't even post this. But see just typing it is theraputic. You feel me.

Brightest Blessings!

Well said!!! I always wonder why we are so quick to judge. But then as I read your post, I was listening to Joel Osteen (from your town!). He says that judgements from others and situations, should be looked at as I must be close to my next blessing.

As an author, you know that there will always be critics and there will always be those that LOVE your work. Why not look at it as a stepping stone preparing you for far more you may have to endure, to make you stronger not to hold you back. After that, so what, if someone has a comment, I think your stories are a blessing it touches on all types of subjects, love, lust, parenting, teenagers, wealth, frustration, coping with exs, strength, and so much more....

I hope you continue forward, if not through the posts, maybe through email or some other method. I think you will find that your stories have benefited more people in a positive manner than negative.....

Well said!!! I always wonder why we are so quick to judge. But then as I read your post, I was listening to Joel Osteen (from your town!). He says that judgements from others and situations, should be looked at as I must be close to my next blessing.

As an author, you know that there will always be critics and there will always be those that LOVE your work. Why not look at it as a stepping stone preparing you for far more you may have to endure, to make you stronger not to hold you back. After that, so what, if someone has a comment, I think your stories are a blessing it touches on all types of subjects, love, lust, parenting, teenagers, wealth, frustration, coping with exs, strength, and so much more....

I hope you continue forward, if not through the posts, maybe through email or some other method. I think you will find that your stories have benefited more people in a positive manner than negative.....

You know I was really hoping no one read this tonight, well this morning and quoted me. Because as sure as my name is Elizablue it was going to vaporize with the rising sun....lol.

But now after reading your post, I'm more inclined to say what the hell. I meant it enough to write it so let it stand. Fame or bust it's how I was and am still feeling. 90% of it due to Llano Riesling. :lick:

Thank you Avyance.

I enjoy your writing so much. I don't know what inclined you to have a change of heart.....If you chose not to write one single word on here again and to save it all for your book, I would be online at your book signing. Ohhh yeah (German) Riesling will do it ya!

Glad to hear you are back with electrics and safe. Go ahead and write your book...critics will be there no matter what..'gohead' and tell your story.

You know I was really hoping no one read this tonight, well this morning and quoted me. Because as sure as my name is Elizablue it was going to vaporize with the rising sun....lol.

But now after reading your post, I'm more inclined to say what the hell. I meant it enough to write it so let it stand. Fame or bust it's how I was and am still feeling. 90% of it due to Llano Riesling. :lick:

Thank you Avyance.

Hmmmmmmmm Riesling!!!:lick::rolleyes: Damn you Eliza for making me incapable of enjoying a nice glass of riesling!!!:wallbash:

But oh, what was I going to say? You know that you can't please everyone, no matter how hard you try but that should never detour you for following your dreams and telling your story...I believe that everyone has a story, good and bad which leads to their testimony...so the "negative" as you called it led to the woman you are today so it wasn't all that negative...

Whatever you write I want to read it...

I feel so dumb, why did I think Llano Riesling was a man?:nono::lachen: I need to get out more.

I so agree with what the other ladies have said. If you focus on what other people think/say/do and the negativity it may produce, you'll want to jump off a sidewalk somewhere. I always think of it as keeping a balance. You know, no light without dark, no love without hate, no positive without negative. There will always be SOMEBODY. But the thing about putting your testimony in print, is that it's like a ripple in an ocean, you never know how many lives will be affected from reading it. You might not believe how many women have been in and some probably still are in your shoes and have wanted their story told. It's amazing the power words can have, and it's your choice and right, nobody else's, to share what you've been through with us, and hopefully, the wider public. And even if one person is blessed by it, it's better than a thousand critics who might put it down:yep:

^^^^ Very well said, GG. ITA

Whatever you decide to do EB, I'll be on line waiting for my signed copy of your book.:grin: Reading your work is a joy!

I enjoy your writing so much. I don't know what inclined you to have a change of heart.....If you chose not to write one single word on here again and to save it all for your book, I would be online at your book signing. Ohhh yeah (German) Riesling will do it ya!

Thank you Nenah. No not a change of heart just venting I guess. Not to worry. There will be more to come.

Hmmmmmmmm Riesling!!!:lick::rolleyes: Damn you Eliza for making me incapable of enjoying a nice glass of riesling!!!:wallbash:

But oh, what was I going to say? You know that you can't please everyone, no matter how hard you try but that should never detour you for following your dreams and telling your story...I believe that everyone has a story, good and bad which leads to their testimony...so the "negative" as you called it led to the woman you are today so it wasn't all that negative...

Whatever you write I want to read it...

Umm...MzShay....whatever are you talking about. What could possibly be keeping you from indulging in a bit of alky....heehee. You gone have to come out with it sooner or later. How's them saltine crackers working out for you...lol

Thanks for the encouragement.

When I started reading your journey, I realized that it wasn't just for kicks granted with the BGO it seemed like that was all we wanted to read. I realized that you are like most of us who are looking for that one man who will make us feel complete and know our worth. And I know you've found him.
Every rose has its thorns. There are people who do not wish good for anybody else, we know that. But also know that majority of the people who have read your posts are feeling exactly how you feel even if their circumstances may be different from yours. I understand why you may feel this way but know that many an author has felt the way you do and went on to become successful.
I know that you are not going to let a few naysayers come between what the Almighty has put in your heart. But I too agree with the other ladies and say that even if you never post a single word on this thread anymore, there are people who will always be rooting for you. Tis all. :grin:

I feel so dumb, why did I think Llano Riesling was a man?:nono::lachen: I need to get out more.

I so agree with what the other ladies have said. If you focus on what other people think/say/do and the negativity it may produce, you'll want to jump off a sidewalk somewhere. I always think of it as keeping a balance. You know, no light without dark, no love without hate, no positive without negative. There will always be SOMEBODY. But the thing about putting your testimony in print, is that it's like a ripple in an ocean, you never know how many lives will be affected from reading it. You might not believe how many women have been in and some probably still are in your shoes and have wanted their story told. It's amazing the power words can have, and it's your choice and right, nobody else's, to share what you've been through with us, and hopefully, the wider public. And even if one person is blessed by it, it's better than a thousand critics who might put it down:yep:

Girl....you gone have to get out more. I'm still laughing. Yeah Mr. Riesling is my man of choice. Well when SC is in SC, anyway. I'm afraid to know what could happen if I got tipsy in his presence. He might really have his way with me.

GG sometimes...you scare me because you just have such insight and make so much sense. You should get a talk show. I am so serious.

And of course you are right. It's not that I let the naysayers stop me, but I guess like anyone who offers themselves to the public, negativity can cause you to pause. But then I tell myself when I publish it, anyone can read it so what's the difference? Right? But I do think I will become a lot more selective in who I send the BGO versions out to.

It seems like a lot of posters here are just becoming so cynical and down on our brothers, and really just us as a people in general. A couple of years ago we were such a hopeful group. Doing LOA and having happy thoughts of romance with our brothers. Now it seems that is just so not the case.

Maybe it's just a new group or maybe it's just me. I just seem to find the good in people. And am just surprised when the other side comes out. Even the handsome evil exs...lol.

When I started reading your journey, I realized that it wasn't just for kicks granted with the BGO it seemed like that was all we wanted to read. I realized that you are like most of us who are looking for that one man who will make us feel complete and know our worth. And I know you've found him.
Every rose has its thorns. There are people who do not wish good for anybody else, we know that. But also know that majority of the people who have read your posts are feeling exactly how you feel even if their circumstances may be different from yours. I understand why you may feel this way but know that many an author has felt the way you do and went on to become successful.
I know that you are not going to let a few naysayers come between what the Almighty has put in your heart. But I too agree with the other ladies and say that even if you never post a single word on this thread anymore, there are people who will always be rooting for you. Tis all. :grin:

Awww...thank you for that JerseyGurl. This thread right here is like taking a hot bath and putting on pajamas with the feet in them, and curling up on the couch with a cup of tea. It just feels so good.

This is where I come to get my inspiration. I'ma go write something...smile.

Please do not stop sharing. I agree with a lot of what the others ladies said. You have a talent and you are putting it to use. Plus you are giving me hope since I have met a friend off BPM that I will meet next month. I'm in NC and he is in NY...So we shall see how this LDR works out.

^^^^ Very well said, GG. ITA

Whatever you decide to do EB, I'll be on line waiting for my signed copy of your book.:grin: Reading your work is a joy!

Thank you Kokodiva,

I really really do appreciate your thoughts. Hopefully it won't be that long before we see that line. Just gotta stay focused.

Please do not stop sharing. I agree with a lot of what the others ladies said. You have a talent and you are putting it to use. Plus you are giving me hope since I have met a friend off BPM that I will meet next month. I'm in NC and he is in NY...So we shall see how this LDR works out.

Really NC, that is great. I hope he is a keeper. Me and SC are like an old married couple now. It still surprises me at how fast we got to coupledom.

I wish you all the luck, and remember if it ain't him please don't give up on the brothers, there is one out there for all of us. It's like trying on shoes, you'll find one that is the perfect fit. You just may have to go through trying on a few first. Just don't fall for the pretty ones that you knew weren't the right fit in the first place, those are the ones that can become unbearable. Both men and shoes, right?

Girl....you gone have to get out more. I'm still laughing. Yeah Mr. Riesling is my man of choice. Well when SC is in SC, anyway. I'm afraid to know what could happen if I got tipsy in his presence. He might really have his way with me.

GG sometimes...you scare me because you just have such insight and make so much sense. You should get a talk show. I am so serious.

And of course you are right. It's not that I let the naysayers stop me, but I guess like anyone who offers themselves to the public, negativity can cause you to pause. But then I tell myself when I publish it, anyone can read it so what's the difference? Right? But I do think I will become a lot more selective in who I send the BGO versions out to.

It seems like a lot of posters here are just becoming so cynical and down on our brothers, and really just us as a people in general. A couple of years ago we were such a hopeful group. Doing LOA and having happy thoughts of romance with our brothers. Now it seems that is just so not the case.

Maybe it's just a new group or maybe it's just me. I just seem to find the good in people. And am just surprised when the other side comes out. Even the handsome evil exs...lol.

Girl I can't have no talk show, I'd pass out from stage fright:lachen:(But thank you)

And there isn't anything wrong with seeing the good in people, it keeps your soul young. You just have to be careful what you let in cause your spirit can be stifled if you're not.

As far as the bolded :Run: :look:

I'm never gonna get done reading this thread. Regardless of what was said in other threads towards me I hope you and you SO are still going strong. I live in SC and I don't see how you found a good one (with all these dogs here) but you did, congrats!

Girl I can't have no talk show, I'd pass out from stage fright:lachen:(But thank you)

And there isn't anything wrong with seeing the good in people, it keeps your soul young. You just have to be careful what you let in cause your spirit can be stifled if you're not.

As far as the bolded :Run: :look:

I can't run. Everytime he comes around me I forget how to walk, let alone run. Funny...he texted me yesterday morning and asked me if we could partner in his business again. It was so transparent I didn't even respond for like the whole day. Then I was just like, oh sorry, been out showing houses all day.

He is like a beautiful broken doll than cannot be fixed. I just look at him sometimes and wonder was he ever diagnosed with multiple personalities. It's obvious there is more than one person operating in there. I just couldn't figure that out last year.

He brought his daughter over with him to one of my rental properties Saturday. The one he is letting his in house maintenance do the make ready on. This was the first time she met The Spawn. It was cute to see them eyeballing each other's tats. She is 21 and I'm pretty sure a stripper.

Beautiful girl, funny thing is her and Babygirl could be sisters. And she has a 3 year old. He starts asking The Spawn how college is going and so forth and I could just see him getting all...what's the word..."proud poppa" . He used to do the same thing with Babygirl.

But then he would tell "Lil' Pole Slider" , "Now see how your sister is doing, in college and on the dean's list, why can't you be more like her". That was that other side in him coming out. I would cringe during these times. Lil Pole Slider would just lower her 50 count fake lashes at him and look bored.

I often wondered if I looked like his daughter's mother, because the first time his granddaughter saw me she reached for me. This baby is known for being stand-offish and not letting anyone touch her. And here she is laying her head against my neck, going to sleep. He was just outdone, because apparently the child treated his ex-wife like a bad dream or a bill collector. Just kept running from her.

He knows I have a boyfriend. And he ain't the philantropist minded person, that he is doing this out of the goodness of his heart. He is flexing. I just leased him his second property (business expanding like crazy) and he needs three more. So, we have pretty much daily contact.

And did I mention that he gained like 40 lbs. All muscle. When I first met him he was like 150 lbs. I even described him a "rickety". Now ...well now....it's just...um...hard to stop looking at him.

It's like going to the zoo and watching the big cats. They are beautiful to look at. And they always seem to stare back in a way that makes you want to get closer. Ya'll know that stare that burns your damn clothes right off...lol. But I know not to climb in that cage unless I want to be eaten like cat chow. Well okay maybe I should have worded that differently. Stay focused. Stay focused.

I needs prayer. Pray for me ya'll.

I'm never gonna get done reading this thread. Regardless of what was said in other threads towards me I hope you and you SO are still going strong. I live in SC and I don't see how you found a good one (with all these dogs here) but you did, congrats!

You better finish it. Otherwise it won't make sense. I think you are a talented writer. As are many others who share their stories with us. It just our life as I have said many times about mine. Some will be glad they didn't have to live it some will wish they had. I just write about it, that's all.

And I truly encourage anyone else to do the same regardless of it's meagerness or bad experiences or even that their story has been told before. There is a thread about the book Push and the coming movie. That book is us as a people at our worse. But it needs to be told.

And as for SC, yeah I got a good one. There are a lot of good ones out there. I could say I lucked up, but I've found good ones before there was just no chemistry. And with me chemistry is a non-negotiable ...heehee.

Last edited:
Hey Ladies,

Just as this writer's early writings in his diary led him to a better place. I just so so hate to see us as black people tear each other down when we feel one of us doesn't live up to the standards we've imprisoned ourselves with.

Brightest Blessings!

i know i am late, but Eliza tell your story. its your life and no one can judge what you have been through, we are not here to judge. thats for everybody. you are a example for those who may be in the same situation that you were in and turned it around, now that they see you have, they can do that too. you are a role model and believe me i look forward to what you write. dont let those that try to make you feel bad win, most times it is they who have the problem. keep your head up sis, better days ahead. :yep:

EB, I'm glad you came to your senses. You betta put that lickka down and get to writin'...

***up in here worried 'bout some haters...grumble, grumble...don't nobody care 'bout no damned haters...grumble, grumble...stalks off***

Hey Ladies,

Brightest Blessings!

Hi Eliza happy to hear that everything is Ok with you.... I know it was a scary thing dealing with a hurricane.
Please Please DO NOT stop writing you are a talented woman that brings enlightenment and joy with your stories. I enjoyed every bit of it in this thread and I hope and pray that there is going to be a book real soon with your life story and every version that you have written that can not be posted here.:yep: Do not take the critizism of others and stop doing what you love just take it and use it as inspiration to do the DAMN thing because I know you have a bestseller on your hands. KM

ElizaBlue don't stop! I love your writing!

As a fellow writer (I write short stories) it feels incredibly vulnerable to have something that came out of you, like your own child, torn apart. Welcome constructive criticism and the rest can go straight to the devil.

You are beautiful, successful, sharp, in love.....haters, naysayers and jealous biatches are par for the course. They come with the territory when you're fabulous!

Write on sister!

Hey Ladies,

Brightest Blessings!

Back