Do You Fix His Plate?

I feel that if i cook the least he can do is fix his plate. i fixed my babies plates when they were small, now that they can do that on their own they can have at it.

I have in the past & have gotten the comment that I didn't give him enough of "such & such" so I'll pull a plate out for him, but he's the only one that knows how much food he wants to eat.

He serves himself.

We both offer to fix each other's plate, but I have no problem fixing his. It shows how much I appreciate all he does for me.

Last edited:
I think it's a nice gesture. Dh works odd hours so he isn't home at dinner time most days so I make his plate and leave it on the stove. When we all eat together (1-2 days a week), I always make his plate and the kids' plates:yep:

I typically always fix DH's plate. Never been a big deal. I was raised with most women fixing their man's plate (aunts for uncles, mom for dad, etc.). I like taking care of him. He does the same for me. He is a great cook and when he cooks, he fixes my plate and he serves me. We take care of each other that way...it's not expected. We just do it :)

Yes I do. There are times when I eat before he does so I will fix him a plate. When we eat together he will not start eating until I sit down.

Its one of the few traditional things about our relationship.

-A

I fix dh and kids plate. I can't handle everyone in there making a mess of the pots and everything. It's just better if I do it.

I think whoever cooks can fix the plate. I'm not someone that was raised with gender roles, my dad did all the cooking in the house because it's something he enjoys. I love that my SO is also like that, i come home from school sometimes and there's a plate of food waiting in the microwave for me :grin:

In our house, my mother does not fix my dad's plate. Not because she did not want to or was not raised to, but because he does not like other people messing with his food (i really dont want to know why :look:). However, she always makes she he has eaten. When we go out we have to either go get him or she makes sure to order a meal to go for him.

But I would not have a problem with it... somebody has to makes sure at least one meal a day is balanced :lachen:

Yes, I do. I don't do it all the time, but at home yes. He cooks most of the time so he deserves it.

Back