conditioner w/ the MOST SLIP?

Affirm Sustenance. Unbelievable slip...and it smells sooo good.
Pretty expensive though. I get it on Amazon for $42.00 for a 32 oz bottle. Lasts a long time for me.

From what I have tried so far:

Kinky Curly Knot Today
HE Hello Hydration
Giovanni 50:50 something or another (forgot the name)

The new Naturals Tresemme line have amazing slip, the problem for me was that is didn't have much moisture. So, if you dont mind all that, I would recommend the new Tresemme.

now i'm nervous .... i rarely check fine print
apparently whole foods calling companies out on faking "natural ingredients"

i like good ingredients.... being told mane & tail detangler is best! but ingredients suck???

^^^ Ok off topic but your siggy is HILARIOUS. I was sitting here like um...that does not look like Obama for like 5 mins before I figured it out.

Found my HG regular conditioner for slip - Trader Joe's Nourish Spa. Love the shampoo, too (same exact ingredients in same exact order as the conditioner except for 2 ingredients near the end of the list which I assume are the lathering agents). The con melts my NG *instantly*. My hair does feel a bit coated when I use it as a cowash, so I alternate with V05 Strawberries and cream when I'm in cowash mode.

Giovanni Smooth As Silk conditioner is awesome on my hair!! It took a long time, and a lot of other products, to find GSAS. I now have a gallon of it under my sink :-)

Keracare humecto & Nairobi give great slip but aren't moisturizing at all. I actually get alot of breakage after I use humecto.

Aubrey Organics White Camelia Conditioner for me. The slip is INCREDIBLE and it also leaves my hair feeling well conditioned and soft. I am 4a Relaxed with extremely thirsty hair.

My 10 yr old is 3c/4a and I've found that Suave Naturals Almond & Shea butter mixed witb EVOO works like a DREAM on her hair. Makes detangling a breeze....

how much is Aubrey Organics? it's $10 on curlmart.... is that the normal price mark?

Not exactly sure but that looks like it might be about right... I am in the UK and I get mine for anything between £7 - £9. It's not the cheapest condish out there but boy will you be in heaven the slip and moisture it provides :lick:

i don't know what's wrong with my head, but hello hydration leaves my hair
a little hard.... barely able to detangle
this must mean i'm very sensitive to cones b/c everyone else loves this iiiiish:sad::wallbash::wallbash:

Don't feel bad.....my hair is exactly the same. Aussie Moist is another one....it gave me major slip and detangling though, but within 48 hours my hair was dry as hay. I also tried LeKair cholesterol for my 8 months of newgrowth and again, awesome slip and moisture but LAWD I got the worse case of cystic acne around my hairline, especially my nape. OMG so painful....my poor follicles were so clogged. For some people, silicones, mineral oil, petroleum, and lanolin really are hair and scalp killers; though I suspect its mostly allergy-prone people like myself. :yep: I've always gotten great slip and moisture from Elucence MBC, Hairveda Sitrillinah, Giovanni, and Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle and Nourish Spa condishes. But AO Honeysuckle Rose mixed with honey and oils is the only thing that ever managed to detangle my hair effortlessly so that I wasn't ripping out the two textures. The slip is incredible. Covering my dry or wet hair with HV Cocasta oil before applying condish also helps up the slippage.:drunk:

how much is Aubrey Organics? it's $10 on curlmart.... is that the normal price mark?

No....it's $8.99 in the vitaminshoppe stores and Whole Foods in my area. Luckyvitamin.com has it for only $7.70. I think it's even a few cents cheaper than that at vitacost.com. Curlmart is high!

Don't feel bad.....my hair is exactly the same. Aussie Moist is another one....it gave me major slip and detangling though, but within 48 hours my hair was dry as hay. I also tried LeKair cholesterol for my 8 months of newgrowth and again, awesome slip and moisture but LAWD I got the worse case of cystic acne around my hairline, especially my nape. OMG so painful....my poor follicles were so clogged. For some people, silicones, mineral oil, petroleum, and lanolin really are hair and scalp killers; though I suspect its mostly allergy-prone people like myself. :yep: I've always gotten great slip and moisture from Elucence MBC, Hairveda Sitrillinah, Giovanni, and Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle and Nourish Spa condishes. But AO Honeysuckle Rose mixed with honey and oils is the only thing that ever managed to detangle my hair effortlessly so that I wasn't ripping out the two textures. The slip is incredible. Covering my dry or wet hair with HV Cocasta oil before applying condish also helps up the slippage.:drunk:

wow! what a dream killer:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
:lachen::lachen::lachen: I JUST ORDERED TONS OF LEKAIR LAST NITE!:nono:

SERIOUSLY... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RESPONDING
OK... I'M SEEING SO MUCH ABOUT THIS AUBREY ORGANICS! I HAVE TO FIND IT AT THE BEST PRICE POSSIBLE! I WONDER IF IT WORKS WELL AS A LEAVIN IN???

Bee Mine Deep conditioner....moisturizing and provides slip
HE None of Your Frizzness
Just tried the vo5 in the purple bottle. Good stuff.

wow! what a dream killer:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
:lachen::lachen::lachen: I JUST ORDERED TONS OF LEKAIR LAST NITE!:nono:

SERIOUSLY... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RESPONDING
OK... I'M SEEING SO MUCH ABOUT THIS AUBREY ORGANICS! I HAVE TO FIND IT AT THE BEST PRICE POSSIBLE! I WONDER IF IT WORKS WELL AS A LEAVIN IN???

You won't be disappointed by Aubreys... I have/love both the HSR and WC but the WC wins for me hands down in terms of a) slipppery slippage at 14 wks post b)insane moisture c) amazing leave-in when mixed in a spray bottle with some water d) making my hair air dry smoother... but I know lots of people have also got great results with the HSR.

*ok, aubrey organics praise-singing over* :lachen:

You won't be disappointed by Aubreys... I have/love both the HSR and WC but the WC wins for me hands down in terms of a) slipppery slippage at 14 wks post b)insane moisture c) amazing leave-in when mixed in a spray bottle with some water d) making my hair air dry smoother... but I know lots of people have also got great results with the HSR.

*ok, aubrey organics praise-singing over* :lachen:

now why did i read this??? you prefer WC??? over the honey suckle rose for slip???? HELP!? DOES ANYONE ELSE??

ok....please tell me what's WC? i thought it was something else:lachen:

Last edited:
I like Aussie Moist Conditioner. Also a few ladies like Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle, never tried it because I can't find it in Toronto but it's supposed to be really good. I already know the regular Aussie Moist Conditioner is good though so you can try either or.

i may have to try aussie again! i promptly took both bottles back to walmart after poor results:nono::nono:
I'm not above trying again

i may have to try aussie again! i promptly took both bottles back to walmart after poor results:nono::nono:
I'm not above trying again
I finally tried aussie moist yesterday and wow, what a difference it made with detangling. worked like a champ. give it another try.

I like Aussie Moist Conditioner. Also a few ladies like Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle, never tried it because I can't find it in Toronto but it's supposed to be really good. I already know the regular Aussie Moist Conditioner is good though so you can try either or.
I searched high and low for it but finally found the 3min at CVS pharmacy.

now why did i read this??? you prefer WC??? over the honey suckle rose for slip???? HELP!? DOES ANYONE ELSE??

ok....please tell me what's WC? i thought it was something else:lachen:

Lol...I know what you're thinking :grin:. AOWC - Aubrey Organics White Camelia Conditioner.

Basically, I tried the HSR first and was blown away - it was the best slip/moisture I'd ever ever ever had. And then I tried the WC and found it to be even better *gasp* which was just crazy. Tried it a few times to make sure it wasnt a fluke, and sure enough, my WC delivered each time. Then I started reading up on it and found a whole bunch of ladies on this board who had the same experience as me, finding that WC is like the unsung hero on the down low. But there are so many good suggestions here that I am sure you'll find the slip you are looking for :)

*ok aubrey organics praise-singing really over now. maybe i shd start a rave thread :lachen:*

Lol...I know what you're thinking :grin:. AOWC - Aubrey Organics White Camelia Conditioner.

Basically, I tried the HSR first and was blown away - it was the best slip/moisture I'd ever ever ever had. And then I tried the WC and found it to be even better *gasp* which was just crazy. Tried it a few times to make sure it wasnt a fluke, and sure enough, my WC delivered each time. Then I started reading up on it and found a whole bunch of ladies on this board who had the same experience as me, finding that WC is like the unsung hero on the down low. But there are so many good suggestions here that I am sure you'll find the slip you are looking for :)

*ok aubrey organics praise-singing really over now. maybe i shd start a rave thread :lachen:*

I have tried both and I prefer the WC as well. HSR does not work as good for me as the WC for some reason.

Back