'The Most "Slippiest" Conditioner' Thread

Re: Can We Have a 'The Most "Slippiest" Conditioner' Thread?

Although it is hard to find in my area, I have to go all the way to Towson, MD to get it but ATONE Botanicals Reconstructor is the slippiest conditioner I have ever used. If you want slip ATONE is the one.

gymfreak336 said:
Cone are silicones and their derviatives. Some like them, some don't. Cones do help provide slip and for heat protection, cones are the gold standard. They also help control frizz. I personall don't have any problem with using alot of cone heavy products as long as I clarify often.

Oh I see. Sounds to me like it's a good thing (when used properly). Thanks~

Okay I FINALLY bought some Atone reconstructor and I still have some Motion Moisture Plus here that I am gonna try again.

I think I am set on the products tip.:look:

my complete list

Dove conditioners
ORS repl pak (extremely mild protein, and a moisterizer)
porosity control (porosity and moisterizer)
keracare humecto(moisterizer)
silicone mix (moisterizer)
keracare sustenance (moisterizer)

And dont add some olive (for $ money saving purposes, veg ) oil..:weird: , it's on then !

thicknlong said:
my complete list

Dove conditioners
ORS repl pak (extremely mild protein, and a moisterizer)
porosity control (porosity and moisterizer)
keracare humecto(moisterizer)
silicone mix (moisterizer)
keracare sustenance (moisterizer)

And dont add some olive (for $ money saving purposes, veg ) oil..:weird: , it's on then !

Do you find that vegetable oil is just as good as EVOO?

Because EVOO kinda high.:ohwell:

LocksOfLuV said:

Yes, because my stylist said: "Any oil will do." Vegetable oil is very good for the hair. Just throw in a few drops of your favorite perfume or peppermint oil to give it a fragrance.

Or add almond and avocado oils to keep it from smelling a few days later--like you fried your hair with bacon grease.

LocksOfLuV said:

:lol: Yes indeed. That's why I buy it :lol: EVOO IS high. Veg oil is good also. Neither are as good as jojoba,of course, but veg is good. Since it's cheap, I put gobs of it on just before rinsing and detangling under running water. Helps with " slip ".

I've never had a problem with the smell of veg oil...I can't smell it at all. Plus, I use a setting lotion. My veg oil has no smell to it.

Bottom line, you want an oil, something to seal in your moisture and repel things from reaching your hair's cortex.

with cones - Herbal Essences Replenishing
without cones - Kenra MC

LocksOfLuV said:
Okay I FINALLY bought some Atone reconstructor and I still have some Motion Moisture Plus here that I am gonna try again.

I think I am set on the products tip.:look:

Update: Atone was a huge dissapointment for me. It felt nice and slippery going on but after that it was a done deal. I had the worse time detangling this weekend.

Ok this thread is long BUT I am natural and after being on long hair care for awhile I am still searching for the slippiest condish. Help

For me the slippiest conditioner is humecto (in the tub) mixed with sweet almond oil topped with a plastic cap and under a dryer for about 20-30 minutes....the results......BUTTA!!

OT: For those who use jojoba oil-- what type are you using? and where do you buy it online? TIA

vickyd

If 'slippiest' is even a word. :lol: I have seen the most moisturizing conditioner thread, but what about the conditioner that gives YOU the most SLIP (ability to comb through the hair, making the comb slide or 'slip' through the strands)?

I'll Start:

Keracare Humecto (adding evoo gives me even more slip)

Your turn...

Yes, this is the best stuff on earth!

Also Avlon (makes Keracare and Affirm Relaxers) has a 5 in 1 reconstructor. When I add this with my Keracare, it's slip baby slip (or slip and slide hair)

For me the slippiest conditioner is humecto (in the tub) mixed with sweet almond oil topped with a plastic cap and under a dryer for about 20-30 minutes....the results......BUTTA!!

OT: For those who use jojoba oil-- what type are you using? and where do you buy it online? TIA

vickyd

You know what...Im getting me some sweet almond oil to add to mine, too. I was just reading an article on sweet almond oil on Macherie's website. BTW, I voted for Humecto in the tub.:grin:

The conditioners that give the greatest slip to this 7 month post relaxer head are Jason Sea Kelp, Nexxus humectress, Nexxus humectin, Silicon mix and Silk Elements moisture treatment. No tangles as all with these conditioners.:yay:

Today, I detangled my 10 week new growth (4A/B) with a mixture of Pantene Breakage Defense and ORS in the yellow packet. I sat under the dryer for 15 minutes. My hair (which has been shedding like crazy) was soft and easy to comb through (I combed through as I rinsed in the shower). The slip was excellent.

BTW, how much oil to you mix with your conditioners? I wear roller sets, so I'd like to mix my conditioner with oil, but I don't want my hair to be too "greasy" to hold the curls.

D'Fina 11 en 1 DC
Silicon Mix DC (especially after a jojoba oil rinse :lick:)
Nutrine Unscented Garlic DC

ok I just bought Suave Humectant for the first time yesterday I have not used it yet, I bought it for a cowash. I am going to try this mixed with evoo and see what is does for my hair. I have noticed when I put EVOO in my shampoo my hair feels really soft. I have not wore my hair down and straight in over a month so I am excited to see what it will look like when I do.

I henna'd my hair last night so I washed my hair first and instead of using my good conditioners I used my husbands aussie that I bought him, and dang am I glad I did! I used the mouisture brand and my hair was like butter:grin: This will definitly become mine and DH will have to use some vo5 or something:lachen: Already told him that I was taking it.

I used my husbands aussie that I bought him, and dang am I glad I did! I used the mouisture brand and my hair was like butter:grin: This will definitly become mine and DH will have to use some vo5 or something:lachen: Already told him that I was taking it.

Poor man, bet he thought he was safe too! Should know by now that nothing is out-of-bounds in the domain of a pj! :lachen:

I love the Aussie Moist too, but I saw that they might be changing the formula b/c they got bought out. Anyone have word on this?

Btw, my vote is for Garnier Fructis conditioner in the jar, that stuff makes for super slip! 2nd place goes to L'Occintane Shea Butter Conditioner, it's too pricey for everyday use, but I like it for my weekly treatments, and it smells nice too.

Poor man, bet he thought he was safe too! Should know by now that nothing is out-of-bounds in the domain of a pj! :lachen:

I love the Aussie Moist too, but I saw that they might be changing the formula b/c they got bought out. Anyone have word on this?

Btw, my vote is for Garnier Fructis conditioner in the jar, that stuff makes for super slip! 2nd place goes to L'Occintane Shea Butter Conditioner, it's too pricey for everyday use, but I like it for my weekly treatments, and it smells nice too.

You should have seen his face when I came out the shower dripping wet talking bout some "why u didn't tell me this conditioner worked so damn good!" Yes I did:lachen: He just looked at me like I was crazy and then went back to watching T.V.:lachen::lachen:

Back