'The Most "Slippiest" Conditioner' Thread

Re: Can We Have a 'The Most "Slippiest" Conditioner' Thread?

chayil0427 said:
Before I would have said Humecto, but now it's all about the Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin! SLIP, STRENGTH, MOISTURE, MANAGEABILITY all in one bottle!

Chayil

I hope I like this.. I just ordered it....
Do you use it with heat ?

I have two loves...Nexxus Humectress and KeraCare Humecto. When I add coconut oil to them I get even more slip :woot:

Fiberguard sustenance. That had to be the slipperiest conditioner I ever used. Used with a hot towel for 10 mins..and man man man.....

I'm not always keen on the smell it leaves behind (kinda smells like i've been in a dry cleaners!)

-A

Hello Hyrdration! by Herbal Essence ;)

aubrey organics gpb
cheapies: pantene hydrating curls & lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol plus

any more suggestions without mineral oil (since i like to alternate)?

dlewis said:
Any cheap conditioners?

Suave Waterfall Mist (it's blue) gives me fantastic slip - it's all I use for shower detangling.

Strangely enough, the cheapest conditioner I've used provided me with the most slip. It's Clairol's Hello Hydration. I stopped buying my Elucence conditioner when I found this.

It's really hard for me to find a conditioner that gives my hair slip, but I've recently discovered a cheapie choice for co-washes: Sunsilk Hydra TLC.

It detangled my hair very well when I was 9 weeks post---that's a really big deal for me!

LocksOfLuV said:
If 'slippiest' is even a word. :lol: I have seen the most moisturizing conditioner thread, but what about the conditioner that gives YOU the most SLIP (ability to comb through the hair, making the comb slide or 'slip' through the strands)?

I'll Start:

Keracare Humecto (adding evoo gives me even more slip)

Your turn...

Muah ! :kiss: Muah :kiss: ! Muah :kiss: ! God knows a sista needs this thread :D . * grinning from ear to ear * This is my biggest problem, tangling

thicknlong said:
Muah ! :kiss: Muah :kiss: ! Muah :kiss: ! God knows a sista needs this thread :D . * grinning from ear to ear * This is my biggest problem, tangling

Thicknlong, you've got a PM ;)

Amylee said:
Thicknlong, you've got a PM ;)

Gotcha !

ORS Repl Pak
Curl Activator
Keracare Humecto and oil under running water

Bumping cuz i like this thread and to add my 2 cents:) ....

Kera Care moisturizing conditioner for color treated hair-crazy slip
Miss Key 10 en 1 Super Conditioner-good slip, moisturizing,and strengthens
Porosity Control pH 4.5 Corrector & Conditioner-slip city this detangled my hair like nobody's buisness
Nacidit Avocado Cream Conditioner-very slippy and moisturizing to

A_Christian said:
KeraCare Humecto and Decca Plus Deep Conditioner, I've used both while 19 plus weeks post-relaxer and had no tangles after rinsing the conditioners out! At this rate I will be able to stretch my relaxers for a year before re-touching, lol.

Regarding Decca Plus Deep Conditioner, where is it sold and how much does it cost? What size tub or bottle did you get?

Wow, this thread truly proves that everyone's hair is different!

bump .. love this thread. drum rolls please ...:band: :band2: :dance7: :bouncy:

tkj25's top slippiest conditioners:

aussie moist (best value -- tried & true)
aphogee intensive keratin reconstructor (super slip newbie)
tresemme vitamin e moisture rich (best value)
sally's generic value products (sgvp) concentrated leave-in treatment -- (their version of sebastian potion 9)
sgvp detangler -- (version of paul mitchell the detangler)
garnier fructis curl & shine fortifying cream (best newbie)
target pro-vitain conditioner w amino proteins (cheapie but goodie)
aubrey organics gpb (the best all natural moisture & slip)
aubrey organics rosa mosqueta (the best all natural moisture & slip)
trader joe's nourish spa (best newbie)
suave humectant conditioner (cheapie no-poo)
sgvp smoothing conditioner -- (compare to matrix sleek look conditioner)
trader joe's 99% pure aloe vera gel (not technically a conditioner but too good to pass up)
suave awapuhi conditioner (cheapie but goodie)
suave biobasics (cheapie but goodie)
trader joe's essential herbal conditioner (best newbie)
flax seed gel (not technically a conditioner but too good to pass up)

my moisture routine is pretty basic -- 3 steps:

conditioner wash, moisture spray, leave-in
(occasionally i'll seal with an oil mix)

i use the cheapie's for conditioner washes (usually suave), make my own moisture spray, and the other conditioners as leave-ins -- not all at once :lol: i mix/rotate and match from my favorites depending on my mood. but my favorite slippy leave-ins have to be aussie moist, sgvp detangler, aphogee intensive, and aubrey organics.

Last edited:

lol, yeah i know :grin: :grin: i almost didn't post whan i saw how long my list was:look: but i'm an acknowledged pj :grin: so if my addiction can help at least one person my sacrifice will not have been in vain, :lachen: ;) :lol: believe me there's plenty that didn't make the list. but any of the one's i picked will do you right.

Fiberguard Substenance, like someone else said. thats SLIPPEEEEERY!!!!

Last edited:

tkj25 said:
lol, yeah i know :grin: :grin: i almost didn't post whan i saw how long my list was:look: but i'm an acknowledged pj :grin: so if my addiction can help at least one person my sacrifice will not have been in vain, :lachen: ;) :lol: believe me there's plenty that didn't make the list. but any of the one's i picked will do you right.

:lol: Thanx for letting us benefit from ur PJism...what a list!!!! :)

My question is: Is there a correlation between the amount of slip and the amount of "cone"? I wonder...

Serenity_Peace said:
My question is: Is there a correlation between the amount of slip and the amount of "cone"? I wonder...

For me the answer is yes. The slip I get from Garnier Sleek & Shine is amazing, it's has the perfect blend of cones and oils to give me the slip I need. :D

The Pantene for brunettes has the most slip out of all the conditioners that I have every used. It is great, and it is a moisturizing conditioner also.

Priestess said:
For me the answer is yes. The slip I get from Garnier Sleek & Shine is amazing, it's has the perfect blend of cones and oils to give me the slip I need. :D

Newbie Question: What are "cones?" & Are they good or bad? :confused:

meaganita said:
Newbie Question: What are "cones?" & Are they good or bad? :confused:

Cone are silicones and their derviatives. Some like them, some don't. Cones do help provide slip and for heat protection, cones are the gold standard. They also help control frizz. I personall don't have any problem with using alot of cone heavy products as long as I clarify often.

HE hello hydration
Suave Naturals Fresh Mountain Strawberry
Aveda Brilliant

Back