Choosey Lover

Windsy

I'm trying the whole online dating thing and it's really challenging for me. I am chatting with this guy and his vocabulary is driving me crazy. His sentences are incomplete and doesn't make any sense, he uses the wrong words (Exmaple: he uses "wind" for "when"); he uses a lot of slang and I'm thinking, what about first impression. I'm making sure my sentences make sense and make sure I use propper spelling and punctuation. I am trying to be open but it's driving me crazy. I am hoping it's that he can't type but I don't know.

I'm I being petty? :perplexed

He'd be a no-no for me.:nono: Is it too much to ask that a grown man can spell?

That reminds me, when I was little and I'd come home to tell my mom about a new boy I liked. The first thing she'd ask is, "Can he read?":lachen:

Girl, don't settle. You have the right to be choosey. Knowing how to spell isn't that harsh of a requirement.

No you are not being petty. The language thing turns me off also. Nothing wrong with expecting a man to use proper english. He probably does not know any better :ohwell:

I don't think you're being petty at all.

Poor grammar is a big pet peeve of mine. I need to be able to hold an intelligent conversation with the person I'm dealing with.

Back