can yall give your 2 cents

celiabug

Here's the situation: you recently got engaged to the man of your dreams. He has 2 kids from a previous divorce. He's smart handsome and owns his own Buisness. 4 months into the engagement, you find out that before you and him were officially dating, he had a fling with a woman and she got pregnant with twins! The babies are now 7 months old and the baby mamma wants to be with your fiance. He knew about the pregnancy the whole time and never told you. His excuse for the whole thing is "she tried to trap me" apparently she was taking fertility pills and the night the babies were made he was drunk. He says he's sorry and wants to work things out. Would you stay or go?

i would run like my arse was on fire

good men dont abandon their children, a good man's child would be very important in his life, a good man wouldn't hide or lie out his children.

I'd go.

-Already has two kids from another marriage
-Lied by ommission - not telling you he got another woman pregnant.
-Two more infant kids to be responsible for for the next 18 years
-Baby momma wants him back - set up for long term game playing on her end
-He blames her for getting pregnant - character issue..likely leading to him not being there for his kids..another character issue
-Tallying dates, unless yall got engaged 2 months after dating..he slept with this woman while being involved with you...drunk or not..no excuse.

This is not your dream man.

I'd do like that .gif with Bart Simpson's grandpa where he puts his hat on the coat rack, takes it off, puts it back on his head and walks back out of the door.

RUN FORREST! RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that sounds like a bunch of retarded lies and baby please dont believe it foolishness to me.

i would run like my arse was on fire

good men dont abandon their children, a good man's child would be very important in his life, a good man wouldn't hide or lie out his children.

OMG this made me laugh sooooo hard!:lachen::lachen:

Anyway...Does this situation really need input from others? Whatever happened to common sense? Serious question...

Here's the situation: you recently got engaged to the man of your dreams. He has 2 kids from a previous divorce. He's smart handsome and owns his own Buisness. 4 months into the engagement, you find out that before you and him were officially dating, he had a fling with a woman and she got pregnant with twins! The babies are now 7 months old and the baby mamma wants to be with your fiance. He knew about the pregnancy the whole time and never told you. His excuse for the whole thing is "she tried to trap me" apparently she was taking fertility pills and the night the babies were made he was drunk. He says he's sorry and wants to work things out. Would you stay or go?

Do women really still fall for this line? Another serious question...

First of all, the man of my dreams wouldn't be a divorcee with 2 kids, but I digress.

That said, I'm out. I have no reason to remain involved in that mess...

Also, do you want kids? If so, what is the likelihood he is going to want any more..he has four kids t0 support (two are spanking new). He has a mess on his hands and rather than deal with it, he's focused on pulling you in with him.

I'm not gonna shame you for the post, but just ask you to really analyze "dream man" and see if this is what you envisioned..highly doubt it.

this poster is celinastarr, right? im not a creep, just wondering if this is the same poster or just a similar name.

I would make like the road runner and :roadrunner:

He had ample time to let the cat out of the bag and he didn't. There is more to the story than he is sharing and I wouldn't trust him if he said there wasn't.

If it was as innocent as hes making it out to be, you would have known about the pregnancy, babies from the jump...He was hiding it for a reason.

Bounce...He's sneeky!

The only way I ever even found out was because one of the babies died and she was constantly calling him so I answered one day and she told me about everything. She even said "If u still want to be with him, know I'm always going to be here" I asked what his plan was and he said he was going to tell me after the wedding

This is about you? If so, I'm sorry you are going through this but unfortunately he's not the dream man you thought he was. Hardly anyone is for that matter, we're all humans.
However, this does show poor character. There's only one reason someone cheats...because the wanted to!

Interestingly, I hear a lot of men who cheat at the beginning of their relationship, never see it as 'that bad' because it was 'at the beginning.' SMH....

And I feel like that's how he feels. Because "it was before we were serious its not that big of a deal it's just the fact that she got pregnant". Whatever

The only way I ever even found out was because one of the babies died and she was constantly calling him so I answered one day and she told me about everything. She even said "If u still want to be with him, know I'm always going to be here" I asked what his plan was and he said he was going to tell me after the wedding

:thud:

c'mon son

you play too much

I can't believe he said he was going to tell you after the wedding. She told you, he didn't even tell you. If he was hiding this, what else is he hiding? :ohwell: He is showing you who he is, believe it. I would tell the new baby momma that she can have him and I would no longer communicate with dude. You don't need a "friend" in your life that would keep stuff from you that could effect you, you sure don't need a husband that would do it.

OP you really need to run for the hills. You are in for a lifetime of hurt if you marry this man.

If you do end up marrying him then you are a willing participant in all of this dysfunction and will have no room to complain when he continues to pop out more babies on you.

Religion aside, I love the way people think they can 'trap' you after a deed is done.
I will leave a man at the alter and I will leave a man after 5, 6, 10 and 1 kid if I'm wronged and in fact I would have (a you know what)....if I find out mid term you're a 'dick.' I know it's against some folks belief but...So good luck to who ever is stupid enough to believe it, they got the wrong one...

Thank goodness it was only an engagement. You are lucky!

:nono::nono: He doesn't sound very trustworthy. He wants you to walk into a messy situation with your eyes closed and that is unacceptable IMO.

Religion aside, I love the way people think they can 'trap' you after a deed is done.
I will leave a man at the alter and I will leave a man after 5, 6, 10 and 1 kid if I'm wronged and in fact I would have (a you know what)....if I find out mid term you're a 'dick.' I know it's against some folks belief but...So good luck to who ever is stupid enough to believe it, they got the wrong one...

Thank goodness it was only an engagement. You are lucky!

:yep: Been there..did that..never looked back.

Girl you will look back and see that you dodged a bullet by KIM.

4 kidsss---you know what kinda child support dude is gonna haffi pay--nah mon--mi nah deal wid it!!!! cha

ras....

If you have to ask... You already know.

And, by the way, he's not the man of your dreams...

More like nightmares...

So he has 4 kids? And by "wants to be with him", you mean "has been sleeping with him all this time", right? Yeah he sounds wonderful.

ETA: I didn't realize this situation was actually about you OP. Wow! Be glad you found out before you actually married him.

Last edited:
Back