ring or marriage

I wouldn't marry her either. She needs to get her priorities straight. Then to add the mom into the equation. Who wants to marry into that kind of foolishness.

If I were him, I wouldn't even want to marry such a woman. She has shown clearly her poor reasoning and inability to prioritize about important life choices. This would be just the first of many decisions she would be making along stupid lines. But see, he done gone and got her pregnant, and now their lives will be tied together indefinitely. Dumb move.

ITA, especially with the bolded. Even if he could get a ring to her specifications for a good price, her unreasonableness is a major red flag for how life will be once they get married.

I would recommend pre-marital counseling if you can do that without officially being engaged. Or a counselor, period. I think they both sound immature. They need a mature, experienced adult to help and guide them. There is a child on the way, they seem to love each other, he has enough $ to buy a ring. This is not that complicated.

Their priorities are incredibly screwed up. First off, how is she "very religious and catholic"? Clearly she isn't if she is pregnant out of wedlock.

So many things wrong here.

That is the first thought that popped into my head. You should have got the ring and had the marriage before you got married.

As for the guy. He seems like he's trying and I really understand his reservations about spending that kind of money with other more pressing obligations already present. If she wants to spend that kind of money on a ring I can only imagine what kind of wedding she wants to cook up.

I don't think its right that the woman's mother is all in his face about marrying her very religious daughter. She needs to be reprimanding her daughter for getting pregnant out of wedlock.

I think they need to have a serious talk. No one wants some outsider running their relationship when the only people that really know the truth are the two people involved. If the mother is calling that means the daughter is coming and telling her mother things about their relationship that they need to discuss between the two

Why we acting brand new, there are a lot of religious ppl getting it on outside of wedlock. As long as no one knows they are cool, but pregnancy broadcast it to the world, so they must then rush to the alter.

Its not shock to me when religious people are having relations out of wedlock. What perplexes me is when those same people namely women have sex, cohabitate, and procreate outside of marriage then site religious reasons for why they should get married. If they were so religious they should have at the very least get married before they live together and get pregnant.

This woman doesn't have her priorities in order but you have to wonder why the man got with her in the first place. She didn't just wake up one day and want some gorgeous ring she's been this way from the beginning. Poor decision making on both people.:nono:

No comment on the baby b4 the marriage---

I don’t have a prob with her req the ring she wants—if he can afford it why not—but my thing is hes been with her for awhile…doesn’t he know what type of woman he is dealing with—hasn’t he had prior exps with her mom and her overbearing ways…

Dude is either gonna *** with her or not..you know what it is…dude sounds lame and confused—get a backbone and either stay or go ( monica)

Ppl kill me with the omg I don’t know what to do…you don’t know the type of person ya gonna marry? the type of person youve been dealing with all these yrs...wtbleep

^^^ You make it sound so black and white. There's a baby involved now and I'm sure he loves the woman. I don't think its that simple to just leave her. But I do understand any reservations about marriage.

i never understand paying thousands of dollars for "love" "marriage"

whatever it maybe should represent love

to be honest paying a mortgage for rocks is just silly. just get a bubblegum ring and be happy for the rest of yall lives lmao

Back