any of you ladies DATE LESS THAN A YEAR OR TWO AND THEN MARRY?

How long did you date before getting married?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kurlybella

i always find short courting stories interesting and so cute.

any of you ladies dated your so less than a year or two and marry?

if so, are you still married?

if you could do it over again, would you?

how did you know he was the one?

-My husband and I dated and were married within 17 months.

-We will be celebrating 18 years of marriage in June.

-For us, the timing was perfect. If I had it to do all over, I would definitely do it the same way all over again.

-I knew he was the one IMMEDIATELY. We just totally clicked from the first moment we spoke. He was just so easy to talk to. He felt like a really good friend, but someone who I was also really attracted to.

I was friends with DH a few years before we started dating, and we dated for almost 2 years before marriage.

Yes, still married for over 16 years

Yes, I would do it over again, the time frame was just right, imo.

how did you know he was the one?[/quote]

We had so many values/morals that were the same, I love the way he treated me like a woman and like I was his main focus at all times. I knew his family and most of the men were family men. Those are just a few things that let me know.

DH and I knew one another for a little over a year. We were engaged after 3 months of "serious dating" (i.e. me letting him break me down. LOL) and were married 4 months after we were engaged. We have been married for 11 months.

Total time together....about 18 months.

I would only do it again with him.

I know he was the one when our first date lasted 8 hours with NO kissing or sexual innuendo's and HE ended it with a church hug after walking me to my door (I closed the door like "Oh snap, he CAN'T be ghey!" but how could he not even try to get a smooch on the cheek am I THAT mean? Oh well guess I ran him off...or he's ghey) He called 20 minutes later and we chatted for 2 hours. We spent everyday after that together, whether it was a quick lunch, dinner, movie, etc...once he planned a picnic, complete with everything one would need including citronella candles. And because before him, I NEVER wanted to get married, didn't believe in the "institution" of marriage. Didn't want to EVER have kids. So much so one of my best friends thought my inviting her to my wedding was some kind of cover-up for a reunion or something. :lachen:
After the wedding she saw me coo-ing at a baby and went on a rant about how she didn't know who I was anymore...getting married, kissing in public and cooing over a baby! Waaaay too much for her to handle. :lachen: She came to visit a few months ago and said she couldn't imagine me married to anyone but him.

That man broke. me. down. I had been in nothing but long term relationships before him (serial monogomist) and didn't even think about marrying any of them (accepted a ring from one, but I knew I wasn't going to marry that dude, the rock was awesome though :lachen:). I don't know how he did it, but he melted the Ice Queen. I could I NOT have married him?

Last edited:
any of you ladies dated your so less than a year or two and marry? yes

if so, are you still married? yes, will be 10 years in July

if you could do it over again, would you? no

i always find short courting stories interesting and so cute. any of you ladies dated your so less than a year or two and marry?
I met my husband on 9.1.98 and we married 9.1.99

Yes.

I wouldn't have eloped, but planned a more elaborate affair.

I saw how he loved my family, and treated them like they were his own. He kept his word. He loved me even when I was unlovable. He blew my mind in a surreal way in bed. It really felt like we were one. He loved Haitian food. He understood my zany dad. Although, we are currently separated now, we will find our way back to one another now.

I swear YOU always got me laughing :rofl:..why wouldnt you do it again?:ohwell::lachen:

any of you ladies dated your so less than a year or two and marry? yes

if so, are you still married? yes, will be 10 years in July

if you could do it over again, would you? no

I swear YOU always got me laughing :rofl:..why wouldnt you do it again?:ohwell::lachen:

It had been very difficult being married in his family. Now if he was in another family yes:yep:, I would do it again. But :nono: with this family.

If I had only listen to my parents:sad:.

My husband and I dated three months. We're still married (13 years now) and it just keeps getting better.

I knew he was the one because of his character, his desire to have a wife and most of all, his relationship with God. I also watched how lovingly he treated his mother and sisters and I knew he'd treat his wife the same way.

It had been very difficult being married in his family. Now if he was in another family yes:yep:, I would do it again. But :nono: with this family.

I have a good friend that has a strained relationship with her in-laws, esp. the MIL. It can be stressful for her at times.

They all live out-of-town though and for this my friend is very grateful.

Oh yeah we dated a few months before we got married... We are still married it's been over 7 years. I would certainly remarry my husband again, and again and again.

When he first asked me to marry him I didn't answer him yes or no. I already knew his mom she actually introduced us and I like that, I liked his mom and that also helped me to feel safer with the family. We used to all hang out actually LOL...And her husband at the time as well.

He kept asking me to marry him and I began to pray on it and I felt spiritually lead to our union and so it was:yep:
He says from the moment he saw me he knew I was going to be his wife...Literally I was the woman in his dreams.

I have a good friend that has a strained relationship with her in-laws, esp. the MIL. It can be stressful for her at times.

They all live out-of-town though and for this my friend is very grateful.

I hear people say family don't matter, the man you are marrying/ married to matters. But in the overall picture, family does matter. And if your any type of a decent person you want to get along with your inlaws. I know I do but they make it difficult. Maybe I do to with my ways.

Oh yeah we dated a few months before we got married... We are still married it's been over 7 years. I would certainly remarry my husband again, and again and again.

When he first asked me to marry him I didn't answer him yes or no. I already knew his mom she actually introduced us and I like that, I liked his mom and that also helped me to feel safer with the family. We used to all hang out actually LOL...And her husband at the time as well.

He kept asking me to marry him and I began to pray on it and I felt spiritually lead to our union and so it was:yep:
He says from the moment he saw me he knew I was going to be his wife...Literally I was the woman in his dreams.

Wow that's great.

its crazy how family can really make your life hell

I met dh and married him under 2 years. He asked me to marry him after a few weeks, if I had of said yes and not thought he was crazy, he would have married me for real like a few months later:grin:

I have found this to be true the younger you are (marrying w/i a year)

The older I have become, I never hear about anyone marrying w/i a year or two, in fact, the couple is usually together for years and years the older they are..

I have found this to be true the younger you are (marrying w/i a year)

The older I have become, I never hear about anyone marrying w/i a year or two, in fact, the couple is usually together for years and years the older they are..

I find that to be true also. But not for the women in my family. They all seems to marry very quickly the older they get. My mothers last marriage, she was with the guy for 3 months before she married him.

I hear people say family don't matter, the man you are marrying/ married to matters. But in the overall picture, family does matter. And if your any type of a decent person you want to get along with your inlaws. I know I do but they make it difficult. Maybe I do to with my ways.

I completely agree :yep:

My hubby and I got engaged after 6 months of dating and married 6 months after that. It will be 14 years in September, and I would marry him again. :yep:

We dated for about a year before we got engaged. We were engaged for nine months. We just celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. Now, the back story is we met when I was 18 and he was 23. During that time we dated off an on for two years, but it wasn’t serious. We cared for each other, but I can’t say we were in love. We needed the time apart to grow and mature. We got back together four years later.

We got engaged after 2 months. He told me he loved me after about 3 weeks... I shoulda known then... We got married 2 years later (loooong engagement)

if so, are you still married? nope.

if you could do it over again, would you? nope!

how did you know he was the one? I didn't... I think I was in love with the thought of being married. *thinkin back to why I married him* I think it was because we had a child and I thought it was the right thing to do. :wallbash:

any of you ladies dated your so less than a year or two and marry? Yes

if so, are you still married? Yes, married for almost 9 years

if you could do it over again, would you? yes

how did you know he was the one? He was the first guy to not try and pressure me to have sex with him, he respected my wishes that we wait till married, which also why we got married so quickly .:blush:

When I first married my DH me and his mom got along great, when the children started coming (our eldest is almost 3, youngest so far is 1) things changed. I find my self not being able to stand her now, and we don't even live in the same state. Whenever we go to visit, she tends to 'butt in' too much when it comes to the children. I could go on and on about the kids. And about how last time we visited they would want to know where we going when we were going some where, and give a certain look if I said to my parents house. I finally told DH stop telling them exactly where we going, just say out. I could only image how it would be if we were still in Miami. :nono:

I feel bad because she has cancer now, but it has gotten worse since this has happened. I guess I am an awful person...

Ladies I love reading about stories like this, it gives me hope in knowing that someday I will be blessed with someone who is not only a husband but a friend too. I hope your partnerships continue to flourish.

My fiance and I officially started dating each other exclusively Oct. 07. He proposed on my b-day July 19, 08. We are getting married July 11, 09.

We met on a blind date on 11/7/02 and we were married 9 months later on 8/9/03. I would do it all over again too! We both knew what time it was when we laid eyes on each other. When you know, you KNOW...

Last edited:
Back