Advice that Keeps YOU Single

BeautifulFlower

I read alot of online articles and books. Both Christian and not. There is SO much information out there about different types of men, what they like, what they hate, their personalities traits....etc..

I was just reading an article at Virgo Men and the article stated this...

Too much display of emotions makes them uncomfortable and too conscious. A Virgo male will stick to you when you need him the most, care for you and dutifully carry out all the responsibilities a husband is expected to do. However, don't burden him with extreme sentiments, mushy affection and tearful promises. If he doesn't run away, he will become too cold and even the subtle display of affection from his side may come to a stop.

I advice about Virgo men is simple false. :lachen:Its funny. My virgo man is the most affectionate., mushy guy I've ever met and LOVES that stuff.

What advice have you received that you know is crazy and will keep yourself by yourself?

Last edited:
" Girl, you don't need a man. Women are doing it for themselves."

It's not keeping me single, but I'm sure it's keeping somebody single.:lachen:

Seriously, I don't think any advice can keep YOU single. ( maybe the actions YOU choose after hearing it)

That I should just accept that ALL men cheat and DH will be no different. One "kind" woman told me it will make my marriage smoother if I just don't pay this behavior any mind. The key is that he is coming home to me every night!

"Men will be men," said the woman with the fiery crotch and 3/4 children born OOW during her marriage. Whenever I see her I purposely ask if she has any "more" children.

the guy Im seeing now is a virgo and people who knew him for 10 years kept tellin me all this stuff about him how unaffectionate he is and won't act like he's with you, and some other stuff etc.......he's very affectionate, and the more affection i show him the more responsive he is....but regardless of any sign, different people bring out different things in people

"Let the man make all the moves"

While I believe that advice, I misinterpreted as ignore him and don't say anything to him and let him come to you. Evidently that comes across as unapproachable...LoL

That I should just accept that ALL men cheat and DH will be no different.

:lachen:

And don't forget, that every guy who is unemployed, has kids with multiple baby mamas and drives your car has potential, and we should just stick with him until he gets it together. :grin:

You need to work with a brotha. They all can't be college educated and have everything in check like you. He is just getting started. Mean while these men are in their mid to late 30's, they should been had it started.

He "ONLY" has 2 kids by 2 different woman. 2 kids with the same woman who WAS a wife, I usually can work with it. Any other fancy combo's GTFOOHWTBS.

When a man messes
up dump him, quickly...:ohwell:

All guys are looking for sex first.

If he doesn't have Fortune 500 job..
keep it moving.

If he has a child look the other way.

All men lie.

Let the man take charge.

Last edited:
All men love *****es. I have two brothers and several male cousins...don't none of them want a itchy woman!

i dont like when women talk about only dating men with 130497 degrees or with 6 figures...
oh when women tell u to play games like "don't call him for a few days" etc... no real human likes to be played with... i hate when little girls come at my lil brother with games... and he does too... and also every male that I know hates it LOL

"No man is worth your tears"

"There is no such thing as Prince Charming, honey. You ain't never gonna find him."

"ALL men are dogs."

"Let him take charge and pursue you"
"Men are emotionally unavailable"
"Men talk about your sex life with other men"
"WAIT! Be patient"

and my favorite...

"Pray for your man"!!

"Let the man make all the moves"

While I believe that advice, I misinterpreted as ignore him and don't say anything to him and let him come to you. Evidently that comes across as unapproachable...LoL

Yeah, I notice that a lot of women misinterpret that piece of advice. Letting a man chase you doesn't mean that a woman should be cold and rude to a man.

There have been studies in the animal kingdom that show that while the male of any species does usually make the first moves, he only does so AFTER he's gotten some sort of signal from the female that she would be receptive to his advances. This doesn't mean you have to throw your panties at the man, but it can't hurt to smile, say hello, or return his phone call like you would to anyone else. There is an art to flirting.

No keeping me single, but always cringe when I hear:

Don't act to smart or independent - a man needs to feel like the boss!:wallbash:

Work with a BROTHA - usually referring to a beer-belly, multi baby mammas, can't afford his child support, still try to decide what he wants to do in life late-30 to 40 year old man.:wallbash:

I can’t imagine date a non-black man spoken by the never-married, raising-her-kids-alone, baby mamma from the above scenario!:wallbash:

God will spend you a MAN when you are “ready” meaning gotten your Christian life in order.:wallbash:

Black men are no good, so Black women should just have a baby when she wants because the guy isn’t going to marry her or be a “real” father, quoting some statics as proof.:wallbash:

No keeping me single, but always cringe when I hear:

Don't act to smart or independent - a man needs to feel like the boss!:wallbash:

Work with a BROTHA - usually referring to a beer-belly, multi baby mammas, can't afford his child support, still try to decide what he wants to do in life late-30 to 40 year old man.:wallbash:

I can’t imagine date a non-black man spoken by the never-married, raising-her-kids-alone, baby mamma from the above scenario!:wallbash:

God will spend you a MAN when you are “ready” meaning gotten your Christian life in order.:wallbash:

Black men are no good, so Black women should just have a baby when she wants because the guy isn’t going to marry her or be a “real” father, quoting some statics as proof.:wallbash:
Wow, you know a lot of woman who have been hurt by giving out that advice.

"Just work on yourself, he'll come." :perplexed

I've been "working" on myself for the past 3 years and he ain't come yet. Unless I do or change something I'll remain single.

You need to work with a brotha. They all can't be college educated and have everything in check like you. He is just getting started. Mean while these men are in their mid to late 30's, they should been had it started.

He "ONLY" has 2 kids by 2 different woman. 2 kids with the same woman who WAS a wife, I usually can work with it. Any other fancy combo's GTFOOHWTBS.

That advice won't keep you single. In fact, it will keep you hooked up. Just with the wrong guy! :lachen:

"How's 'Fred'?" "You guys have been together awhile now." "Girl, you need to tell him to either piss or get off the pot!" :perplexed

1st. I didn't ask. 2nd. My relationship goal is to have someone who I am happy with not to find someone to just Marry me. When we're ready, you'll be the last to know... Ok?

This doesn't keep me single... but I had to vent.

"Pray on it" (without a mention to being proactive about putting yourself out there)

I REALLY cannot stand these two. You can tell someone that your cheating husband just infected you with AIDS, you are pregnant with twins, just lost your job, found out your mom died and someone has the nerve to say "just Pray on it"..Nothing more, nothing less.

And getting my Christian life in order? So basically i need to become a nun and nearly join the convent before he decides to send me my husband? I've made some changes in my life but i'll be damned.....:rolleyes:

"Don't ever go looking for love. Just go to church and pray."

:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed

I don't follow that advice but sadly, so many women do. :nono:

ETA: Ok, I read the rest of the thread and I see that it's been covered! :lachen:

Last edited:
One piece of advice that kept me single is: It will happen when you stop searching. :wallbash:

That only kept me single for another 5-7 years! When I started to be active and look for a nice man, it happened within 3 months.

For some of us, doing NOTHING is the worst advice ever.

Back