Help! Dating Advice For Those That Are Not Physically Attractive

I don't really wear make-up. But when I do people act different, dudes smile at me and everyone stares at me. I am not even pretty either. All I did was put on lipgloss, eye shadow, and some blush..

This was all I needed. The rest of the post didn't need a reply :yep:

Sent from yacht with Beyonce & Blue

tumblr_m9byd7RrS51rxevt4o1_250.gif

I think you really need it.........

yardyspice :lol:

I knew you would respond once I read that post :lol:

Physical Attraction things that can be worked on.
1.Weight- maintain normal weight for height and bone structure.
2.Makeup-light natural application
3.Eyebrows-shaped and regularly maintain
4.Hairstyle-current and easy to keep up
5.Nails-shaped and manicured
6.Skin- clear particularly visible skin
7.Clothes-clean, well fitted…
8.verbal, visual and vocal communication
9.mouth-teeth that is clean and fresh breath
10.Surrounding uncluttered and organized

Truth!

I have before & after pictures of my weight loss, and though I was a fat a$$, everything else was amiss also from 1-10 (ok, maybe not #9!). With #6, acne is not an easily controlled condition but I make an effort.

No one recognized me once I straightened up, even family members. My brother looked straight at me and didn't know who I was for about 10 seconds. I easily took 8 years off my appearance.

My SO once told me that one should never underestimate how much of a difference physical appearance can make in your life and how others perceive and treat you. I'm more confident and outgoing in general but it helps to be easy on the eyes.

Truth!

I have before & after pictures of my weight loss, and though I was a fat a$$, everything else was amiss also from 1-10 (ok, maybe not #9!). With #6, acne is not an easily controlled condition but I make an effort.

No one recognized me once I straightened up, even family members. My brother looked straight at me and didn't know who I was for about 10 seconds. I easily took 8 years off my appearance.

My SO once told me that one should never underestimate how much of a difference physical appearance can make in your life and how others perceive and treat you. I'm more confident and outgoing in general but it helps to be easy on the eyes.

How much weight did you lose?

I agree with the mindset of men not knowing what they want /really like. My bf now told me earlier on how he HATES when a woman wears makeup. The other day he was telling me how attractive he thought I was. I raised an eyebrow bc my hair was tied up, I had an old baggy shirt on from my HS band tshirt on and scrub bottoms. He then goes on to let me know that he's so attracted to me when I'm dressed down, that I couldn't even begin to fathom how attracted he was to me when I was all done up. I wanted to go :rolleyes: you mean when I'm all done up wearing a full face of the makeup you claim to hate? :rolleyes: don't listen to men ya'll, they'll have you walking around looking homely while eyeing that chick who is looking the way he CLAIMS he hates

Men don't know what they want so you can't listen to them. My DH always tells me that I'm beautiful the way I am. I love make-up but seldom have the time to put it on because I work so many hours. Let me tell you, when I put on some make-up and get dressed up he DEFINITELY notices and gives me more attention. I would do it more often if I had the time.

OP, I don't think this is about make-up vs no make-up. I say buy yourself some pretty outfits, do your hair, and walk around with some confidence. Try taking salsa classes or sign up for speed dating. Maybe you just need to go out there and make yourself available. If it were just make up alone we'd all be married.

If you looked up 'DGAF' she'd be front & center poster child. just told her yesterday, she doesnt deserve a vagina. this mess is blasphemy.

Girl this woman needs a chaperone. I'm not exaggerating either. No makeup, basic hair styling, old lady clothes, and no heels. She's my mother and I love her but b*sh look crazy. She's a natural redhead but now she's graying and instead of dying it, she wants to walk around like she's about to get her AARP card and chick isnt even 50 yet! Just last week, we went to the nail salon and do you know she really had just planned on sitting there staring me in my effin face while I get my mani/pedi and eyebrows done. hell naw. I've had enough of her shenaginans. After about 30 mins of literally begging & pleading, 2 manicurists and I finally were able to convince her to at least get her flinstones done. See, this is I've been doing the preschool lay-out your clothes and gotta have specifics on her planned grooming routine before we go places. Gotta watch her to make sure I'm not stuck in public with a woman that looks like who shot john. She can look ugly on her own time but I'm not about to let her embarass me. btw, do you know she was complaining about needing comfortable shoes, and the best idea she could come up with were orthopedic nurse's shoes. da ****?! nurses dont wear nursing shoes IRL. I can't deal. no ma'am. shameful.:nono::nono::nono:

you know I'm not really feeling the whole marriage/wedding thing but I've already warned her that if I do, she's only allowed to come in clothes/attire I pick out and preapprove. She's not even getting an option of choice, we are dying and sticking some tracks so she wont look like a graying cancer patient, putting an extra strength girdle & push-up bra and that face will be beat to death she might give Rupaul a run for his money. :lachen: again, she can homely by herself, but imma be damned if I have to be a bystander. not on my watch! no ma'am :nono:

everyone should feel bad for me.:lol: I feel better now that I got that off my chest. :lol:

:lol: Every time I read one of your posts:

wwb345.jpg

http://www.nowness.com/day/2011/6/2...ampaign=OB_367+days+of+makeup&utm_term=makeup

Lernert & Sander: Natural Beauty The Dutch Duo Gives Model Hannelore Knuts a Maximalist Makeover
Cheeky directors Lernert & Sander embrace the urge for cosmetic overkill in their surreal short Natural Beauty. Makeup artist Ferry van der Nat and his assistant Vanessa Chan helped to execute the vision, slathering a host of Ellis Faas products on Belgian beauty Hannelore Knuts, who was recently named the new face of Swiss fashion house Akris. Lernert & Sander began collaborating in 2006; since then they've done everything from melt a chocolate bunny with a hairdryer to repurpose household appliances as sex toys in the name of video art. We asked the co-conspirators to break down the shoot in detail.

STATS FROM ON SET

Mission Statement: We wanted to apply 365 layers of makeup in one day to see how much is needed to go from a natural look to an outrageous one.

Production time: It was a relaxed shoot but it took us nearly nine hours non-stop to apply all the layers to Hannelore’s face.

Magic ingredients: Seven bottles of Foundation S103; two bottles of Creamy Eyes E107; three Milky Lips L205 pens; and two bottles of Blush S301. All together 228.40ml of makeup.

Lunch menu: Hannelore was fixed between panels for the whole shoot, so everything she ate or drank came from a straw: juice, and a granola and yogurt mix. I think she had sushi on her train back to Brussels.

Soundtrack: No music on our shoots! Unless we do a music video and the artists need to lip-sync. But we don't like lip-syncing, so that never happens in our videos. Music distracts.

Prep work: We tested a 100-layer session a few days before on our intern, who is a man. We wanted to make sure that this amount of makeup wouldn't kill a person. It didn't kill our intern so we trusted everything would be fine on Hannelore.

Crisis averted: There was always the “we've run out of makeup” stress. But Ellis Faas has her office right around the corner so we could call and get more [Foundation] S103.

Souvenirs: We saved the white construction for Hannelore's face, so if we plan to do a “two years of makeup” we already have the perfect face frame.

This one guy I was dating, he only complimented me when I had on makeup. "You are so pretty". But without it, one day I caught him mean-mugging me, like the "Ugh" look.

Another guy, one night he picked me up to go out. Every prior date I had always wore makeup with my hair done up. That day I was feeling really sick, but didn't want to turn down his date night offer, so I went out with him but I didn't wear any makeup. The entire night he was so cold to me. The type of coldness you instantly recognize. Later on the phone I asked him what was wrong at dinner. He just straight up said." You were sick right? I know you were sick, but damn, you looked real different."

My self-esteem has taken a hit.

I like makeup. It's fun. But what to do when it comes off? I seriously think I'm going to be like Tamar Braxton, she said she goes to bed with makeup on.

Makeup is wonderful n all but please don't end up a Tamar lol She's fabulous but she OD's with the wigs and the makeup. While some women need to add makeup, Tamar might need to cut down and wipe off a few layers bc homegirl is a repeat offender of the cakeface. Between that and the botox and the wiggest of wigs lacefronts sometimes Tamar has herself looking like a drag queen. Doing the most, too much and looking overdone as a result :nono:....come to think of it, her foundation doesnt look to smooth IMO so I'm guessing her skin isnt all that great which is bound to happen when you make sleeping in makeup a habit :ohwell:

I'm not a heavy makeup wearer. I prefer minimal daily makeup--just bronzer, eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss most days. However, like you, I do like to wakeup with my best face forward. Instead of ruining my skin and sheets wearing full face to bed, I maintain lash extensions, keep my eyebrows groomed, brush my lips a little so theyre supple and mix a little bronzer w/a lil luminating serum in my night cream to maximize my fresh out a bed cuteness. As someone with time management problems, my KISS management routine has proven useful in minimizing my morning routine.My face always appears somewhat 'done' in it's natural state, which is helpful when I'm running late.....this is also why I wear weave w/a lace closure. I roll outa bed everyday with my hair already laid but that's another thread.:lol:

next up tattoed eyeliner. :look::look:

This one guy I was dating, he only complimented me when I had on makeup. "You are so pretty". But without it, one day I caught him mean-mugging me, like the "Ugh" look.

Another guy, one night he picked me up to go out. Every prior date I had always wore makeup with my hair done up. That day I was feeling really sick, but didn't want to turn down his date night offer, so I went out with him but I didn't wear any makeup. The entire night he was so cold to me. The type of coldness you instantly recognize. Later on the phone I asked him what was wrong at dinner. He just straight up said." You were sick right? I know you were sick, but damn, you looked real different."

I like makeup. It's fun. But what to do when it comes off? I seriously think I'm going to be like Tamar Braxton, she said she goes to bed with makeup on.

Those guys sound like *ssholes.

barbiesocialite what serum and bronzer are you referring to

Nine how's your skin and do you use ALOT of makeup cos your stories sound so weird. where did you find those dudes

Tamar looks disgusting. Doesnt help that she bleaches.

Nine This isn't your fault honey. They're just losers. :kiss: What's your skin and its routine like. We could help each other. That's what I'm focusing on these days.

I only contour for like big events, I do the simple stuff

You can do whatever you want. Try a simplier look and see how you like it.

Watch lizlizlive videos. Most of her stuff doesnt require a lot fo products unless she's partying, her skin is beautiful too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtRIdTA79yw

I see you're in GA. Yall love to overdo everything :lol:

Btw please ignore those fools and dont entertain them. Im glad Retin-A is doing well for you too!

There's only so much makeup can do.

With a full face and good weave I can bring all the boys to my yard, but when it comes off they seem to run from my yard, jump the fence and don't look back.

I have a nice body. Very fit. Great rack and legs and butt. But I don't think it helps much.

I'm thinking plastic surgery as an option.

Maybe I'm using my looks as an excuse. Maybe my personality just sucks. :ohwell:

I know you are being serious but :lachen: :lachen:

Nine I have hyperpigmentation on my forehead caused from eczema. That's what I'm working on now. Is your skin dry,oily, combo? The ladies here rave about peels but I can't do them; my skin is far too dry for them. I know robot. prettyinpurple and NappyNelle gave me some wonderful skin care tips and product recs. They were very helpful.

And what is this retin a I hear people talk about? Will it muck up my skin? I can't afford to be losing moisture and create new problems attempting to fix stuff :look:

I dont find your questions to be genuine esp consider your other posts in here that's why. With that said my everyday not really going anywhere routine is simple..my skin is dry so I dont use powder, mostly tinted moisturizer or in the winter cream foundation..blue or navy blue eyeliner, mascara, blush lipstick or one of those Clinique Chubby Sticks. I never use lipgloss as I hate that wet sticky look.

anyway you'd be best to check out garden of wisdom for the dry skin. They have great products

I wouldnt suggest retin-a. It works best for those with oily skin.

Thank you. I will look at Garden of Wisdom. Thank you for the heads up about retin-a too. That would've been disastrous.

oh damn..ive been barefaced the past month or so :lol: i usually wear my beloved eyeliner & berry tasting gloss lol. but been up under my boo who tells me im beautiful all day long..i was like *** this eyeliner lmao.
just been rockin my cherry coke gloss.
maybe ill rock his world and throw some mascara on this weekend :lachen:

Thanks for making this thread worse.

I am just sharing my experinces. I find that a lot of girls who are heavily into make-up/fashion all have prissy attitudes and put down others who don't look like them. Not everyone wants to look like them and they basically all look the same. I think most of them just want themselves to be "beautiful" and no one else. When I ask for tips and advice they are stingy, rude, and say make-up won't help me anyhow. Some of these girls I considered my friends. They can't seem to think for themselves, but won't hesistate to tell me that my make up looks ugly on me or that I think I am "doin somethin". When they don't have their cake face mask on they are all quiet but when they have it on they talk big. Once you take off that make-up they turn into a whole different somebody. I try to avoid those types or anyone who looks like that type.

Back