Help! Dating Advice For Those That Are Not Physically Attractive

I am just sharing my experinces. I find that a lot of girls who are heavily into make-up/fashion all have prissy attitudes and put down others who don't look like them. Not everyone wants to look like them and they basically all look the same. I think most of them just want themselves to be "beautiful" and no one else. When I ask for tips and advice they are stingy, rude, and say make-up won't help me anyhow. Some of these girls I considered my friends. They can't seem to think for themselves, but won't hesistate to tell me that my make up looks ugly on me or that I think I am "doin somethin". When they don't have their cake face mask on they are all quiet but when they have it on they talk big. Once you take off that make-up they turn into a whole different somebody. I try to avoid those types or anyone who looks like that type.

you need to get out more and meet different people. Plenty of us makeup/fashion interested and pretty women (and men :look:) aren't like that.

ETA: :lol: I meant "prissy" not "pretty" but that works too

Last edited:
I am just sharing my experinces. I find that a lot of girls who are heavily into make-up/fashion all have prissy attitudes and put down others who don't look like them. Not everyone wants to look like them and they basically all look the same. I think most of them just want themselves to be "beautiful" and no one else. When I ask for tips and advice they are stingy, rude, and say make-up won't help me anyhow. Some of these girls I considered my friends. They can't seem to think for themselves, but won't hesistate to tell me that my make up looks ugly on me or that I think I am "doin somethin". When they don't have their cake face mask on they are all quiet but when they have it on they talk big. Once you take off that make-up they turn into a whole different somebody. I try to avoid those types or anyone who looks like that type.

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

you need to get out more and meet different people. Plenty of us makeup/fashion interested and pretty women (and men :look:) aren't like that.

ETA: :lol: I meant "prissy" not "pretty" but that works too

I've met a lot of those types, most if not all of them act like that. I don't want to be around girls like that.

I hope it is not too mean to state the obvious: there is obviously some developmental issues here.

I've met a lot of those types, most if not all of them act like that. I don't want to be around girls like that.

I'm not denying that you haven't been around fashionable, prissy mean-spirited women. I'm saying that you should explore and meet more women who are fashionable, prissy and are kind to broaden your view of the world.

... then anyone can find her Adonis.

And another thing about confidence is it seeks no approval from others. If you have to ask "Is this OK to wear? Should I do this?" then you need to go back to the drawing table as you still need work.

I once dated a guy named Adonis in high school. We didn't make it past 2 weeks...he was talking marriage. :look: :lachen::lachen::lachen:You know when you are 16 and meet the guy at the pool when you're with your other friend?

I passed by this thread for several days...some of it is typical of what I expected to find in it. Some of it is sound advice. You are right about that. So many women are so worried about what they "look" like that they don't realize that men are attracted to a whole package deal. Surely, you can't feel too good about self if you're totally stank. But I'll say this...when a man wants you and sees something in you, he'll dodge trains, planes, racing cars to get to you. THat's why some ugly girls have men...that's why some pretty girls can't get one. :lol:

sylver2 You are funny, gurl!

Last edited:
oh damn..ive been barefaced the past month or so :lol: i usually wear my beloved eyeliner & berry tasting gloss lol. but been up under my boo who tells me im beautiful all day long..i was like *** this eyeliner lmao.
just been rockin my cherry coke gloss.
maybe ill rock his world and throw some mascara on this weekend :lachen:

@sylver2 can't believe I'm saying this but you're one of the VERY FEW women I know that can do this. I mean few, like I can only think of one other person that's similar. But both of you are really cute, slender, super extroverted/social, have super long hair and wear single-digit sized "round the way" (nothing too glam yet cute) style clothing certain men really like. The average barefaced woman doesnt pull celebrities and ballers with their bare face the way you two seem to do. :look: And neither one of you are even that young! Who does that?! :lol:

Most women need not try this, the outcome and interpretation is usually veryyyyyy different :nono:

Last edited:
@sylver2 can't believe I'm saying this but you're one of the VERY FEW women I know that can do this. I mean few, like I can only think of one other person that's similar. But both of you are really cute, slender, super extroverted/social, have super long hair and wear single-digit sized "round the way" (nothing too glam yet cute) style clothing certain men really like. The average barefaced woman doesnt pull celebrities and ballers with their bare face the way you two seem to do. :look: And neither one of you are even that young! Who does that?! :lol:

Most women need not try this, the outcome and interpretation is usually veryyyyyy different :nono:

I'm an introvert w/ social anxiety :look:

I'm an introvert w/ social anxiety :look:

well hell woulda never guessed. :lol: from your posts and your DC visitor always seems like you're fairly social, plus you seem to know a lot of people too lol.

but nixing the extrovert part, everything else I said stands true :lol:

eta: edited

Last edited:
well hell woulda never guessed. :lol: from your posts and your DC visitor always seems like you're fairly social, plus you seem to know a lot of people too lol. in that case, how are you holding up w/the SO ???

but nixing the extrovert part, everything else I said stands true :lol:

we had a minor argument. we were at a event premiere for something of his and i slinked off to a dark corner watching them take pics and greet media.. wishing i was invisible..:lol: he was pissed :look: lmao

we had a minor argument. we were at a event premiere for something of his and i was slinked off in a corner watching them take pics and greet media.. wishing i was invisible..:lol: he was pissed :look: lmao

you're fast! I just edited bc I thought I was being intrusive and it was OT. :lol:

but thanks for responding. i'm always curious how other introverted women handle extroverted spouses w/o going insane or live in a state of panic bc I think I'd lose my mind!

you're fast! I just edited bc I thought I was being intrusive and it was OT. :lol:

but thanks for responding. i'm always curious how other introverted women handle extroverted spouses w/o going insane or live in a state of panic bc I think I'd lose my mind!

wine :look:

Haven't read the the thread but my tips would be to remember the following:

Being ugly is not a bad thing

One can know they're ugly and still have high self-esteem and confidence

Just because you are ugly, doesn't mean that there aren't men who like the way you look.
(People often think that that ugliness is something to be overlooked or compensated, but different people like different things.)

Grooming is important. Not necessarily talking about makeup and painted nails but just having your appearance convey that you take care of yourself. (As an aside, there are plenty of ugly people in NYC who have no trouble dating and are probably viewed as attractive bc they are well-groomed and have a well-developed sense of style. They aren't waking around with pounds of makeup (maybe none at all), but they might play up that feature that makes their look "unique/quirky".)

Regardless of perceived attractiveness or lack thereof, it helps to be able to carry a conversation, have some charm, and be a developed/cultivated person. This isn't about faking the funk but just being the best you, whomever that may be. Having a developed sense of self makes dating easier in some ways.

Just finished reading the the thread. Oh my. We need to create some thread templates to save everyone some keystrokes. They're predictable enough...

You know why I rarely listen to the anti makeup brigade? Because they ALWAYS reveal that they have a certain feature (perfectly smooth skin, arched brows, long lashes) naturally and don't "need" makeup. That lets me know they'd wear it in a heartbeat if their natural features were average.:rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using LHCF

I'm aesthetically temperamental :look: and don't have great skin and often go out barefaced. Otoh, I wouldn't say I'm anti makeup, when I do feel like wearing it, I often enjoy it. Oh wait, I do fill-in my brows everyday to avoid looking like who shot John. So that probably negates my barefaced thing. :lol:

Don't have long eyelashes. Matter of fact they cross each other. Don't have perfect skin. I have marks in my face from acne and my skin tone is different tones. My forehead is darker than my cheeks etc. while my eyebrows already have an arch they stick straight up and one is shorter in length than the other one.
MAC has great options for that

Back