***2013 Up Your Water Intake Challenge ***

Ladies - I am not part of this challenge but I thought I would post my recent discovery on this thread.

I started back taking chlorella and spirulina last month and I also began oil pulling around January 21st

I oil pull and take about 6 grams of chlorella and 9g of spirulina daily. Since last month my water consumption has skyrocketed. I drink anywhere from 6-8 16oz glasses/bottles of water daily. I actually have a taste for it now and no desire to drink any other beverages.

I thought it may have been the oil pulling - but I recently had a (ugh!) colonoscomy test which requires pre "cleansing" and I couldn't take chlorella/spirulina for 3 days. After the 3 days- I resumed my doses and after a couple of days - I detoxed again. During the 3 days and the few days after - I had no water cravings, however immediately after detoxing the water cravings started again. Since starting this regimen I actually feel clean and healthy, inside and out!

I'm not trying to convince anyone to start taking these supplements or start oil pulling but I will not stop oil pulling or taking these supplements .

It may help you with increasing your water intake too. There is a lot of information about these on the forum, so if you are interested you can do a search.

Just thought I would share my great finds/experiences:yep::yep:

Ladies - I am not part of this challenge but I thought I would post my recent discovery on this thread.

I started back taking chlorella and spirulina last month and I also began oil pulling around January 21st

I oil pull and take about 6 grams of chlorella and 9g of spirulina daily. Since last month my water consumption has skyrocketed. I drink anywhere from 6-8 16oz glasses/bottles of water daily. I actually have a taste for it now and no desire to drink any other beverages.

I thought it may have been the oil pulling - but I recently had a (ugh!) colonoscomy test which requires pre "cleansing" and I couldn't take chlorella/spirulina for 3 days. After the 3 days- I resumed my doses and after a couple of days - I detoxed again. During the 3 days and the few days after - I had no water cravings, however immediately after detoxing the water cravings started again. Since starting this regimen I actually feel clean and healthy, inside and out!

I'm not trying to convince anyone to start taking these supplements or start oil pulling but I will not stop oil pulling or taking these supplements .

It may help you with increasing your water intake too. There is a lot of information about these on the forum, so if you are interested you can do a search.

Just thought I would share my great finds/experiences:yep::yep:

I've also started oil pulling this month (Feb) and getting that water in has been easier in that I'm often getting in a little more. Granted on the weekends I still struggle somewhat...

80 oz tonight. That's 4 oz short but I can't drink another drop. My eyeballs are trying to float away. So, good enough for tonight.

Keep up the good work, ladies. We can do it!

Only 75oz yesterday... I was too full to drink anymore... but 70 and up is good with me...

Last edited:
Still doing well and reaching my daily goal. I never thought the day would come when I could drink nothing but water on a daily basis! I'm so excited.

I've been doing very well....today though, I haven't started yet and I REALLY don't feel like it. I think I'll have a coffee and start a little later:look:

60 oz thursday
48 oz friday
98 oz Saturday - I must've been really dehydrated.

Last edited:
My water reminder is going off like crazy and I have not drank water yet! It's 3:12pm and I'm feeling a little crispy.

17oz Friday, 60oz Saturday, 80oz Sunday...

Just getting started today ;look: forgot to fill and bring my bottle with me before I left to do errands!

I realized I haven't updated in a bit.
Thursday - 33.8 oz
Fri - Sun - 40oz each day
Yesterday - 60oz
Today - 40oz and 8oz of herbal tea

Back