2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

Refresher: The book of Genesis talks more about the flood than anything else, and Noah's ark is the symbol of salvation... therefore, we know there is a spiritual 'ark' under construction now in this age. How far along it is, only Father really knows.

Refresher: The book of Genesis talks more about the flood than anything else, and Noah's ark is the symbol of salvation... therefore, we know there is a spiritual 'ark' under construction now in this age. How far along it is, only Father really knows.
This is really good, Laela...really good and thought provoking:yep:

John 10:10
I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

John 19:27
"Behold, your Mother."

Jesus' Mother teaches us to respect and choose life.

Proverbs 16:25
"There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death."

Matthew 16:26
"What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?"

the_blessed_mother_with_an_unborn_fetus.jpg

Some times we pray and pray and think God hasn't answered us. But in reality he has but we haven't been receptive. I speak for me and say I now have family and it's up to me to be open and let them in. No running nor isolation. I'm loving that God will meet the needs of his children in such a unique way. I have godly women and men in my life now. It's so refreshing. I hope to be a mentor one day but until then I will take all the godly guidance and love that is in my life.

Happy mother's day to everyone.

Lord, I am getting tired of this waiting period. I feel like I've been off on the sidelines forgotten. I swear, IMO, has been very little improvement in my life in the last almost 8 years.

But I will sit here in my corner and wait.

Lord thank you for allowing me to have my birth mother but also now my adoptive mother and daddy. I got to spend some more time with them today. God has his ways of rebuilding. I love this season. I'm not happy but I love it weirdly. I know its making me over. I know it's making me whole only through the blood of Jesus. I really want to do more but I know God will do when he is ready.

Happy mother's day to everyone.

Lord, I am getting tired of this waiting period. I feel like I've been off on the sidelines forgotten. I swear, IMO, has been very little improvement in my life in the last almost 8 years.

But I will sit here in my corner and wait.

Isaiah 64:4 KJV
For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.

1 Corinthians 2:9 KJV
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

I feel satan up to his old tricks. I feel defeated in my life because I'm not accomplished but I'm working on not finding my work in things and items but in Christ. It's a hard process since I have been raised to find my worth in money,things and awards. You were nothing in my house if you didn't get a A or something now that I'm adult I feel myself needing praise or acknowledgment and I'm never finding any. I don't get it from men,family or anywhere really. I work and work but nothing. I know I want to be more than a lowly underpaid temp state employee. It's just getting hard to get out of bed and push through.

Psalms 39:4
"LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered-how fleeting my life is. (New Living Translation)

GoddessMaker- I am/was feeling the same way about my job and I do want to leave and maybe some of what my friend said to me will bring up your spirits as did mine

"Ask God to reveal you reasons for being there and what he wanted you to learn from it
When you can understand it he will bless you with another opportunity that will be Better than the last...yes these feelings suck but in order to move up you have to be mature enough to deal with more responsibility and no praise- that will be your good report...continue to diligently seek God"

That was a summary of her message and afterwards I got into his Word that night... and felt that Seeking God and knowing that there is a purpose in his plan I just needed to humble myself!! God Bless sister...i'll be praying for you

God IS a PROVIDER, I refuse to complain about my circumstances, some of which is my own doing but I thank God for his tender mercies and his faithfulness, he is still God.

It's about sowing and reaping, just because I got saved it don't mean that I wont reap what I've sown, but God, because he's merciful Holy Spirit comes alongside to help me.

stephluv thank you for sharing this. I know I have asked God why I'm here and it's very obvious but I know I'm not happy in it.
God I have asked for you to show me, me. You have. I see that my stinking pride has gotten in the way of me asking for help. I wanted to so badly be able to say I did everything on my own look at me see how awesome I am. This is why my life is staggering and not going anywhere. It's just not with career but with my life period. I need alot of mentoring and assistance. I need help in dating,life management and spritually. I despately have been praying for that but I know that I have been in the way of my own healing and growth. Fear and reject have plagued my mind. I have messed over friendships that were good but because of my pride I wouldn't listen to some of them or I would try to ignore things because I didn't want to say I was wrong about being their friend.

My coworker tells me I look like depressed. I know it's something I will probable deal with that for life or until I'm not in a hard place of life. I pray that the pride can be gone.

Lord your so good and quiet. Something which meaning you hit me with something to research. It's something good to know in order to help myself proceed in life. I will not be depressed by the diagnosis. I'm your child with the flaws you placed in me for a reason. I will allow the mess of my life be your message that will give you glory. I don't desire to be what the world or others want but what you desire. Give me clear direction Father God and help me to remove the weight of life.

Lord, You are awesome! Thank you for all that you are doing and have done for my husband and I. I am forever grateful!

“Your Trials Can Benefit You”
By: Bishop Gaspar Anastasi

It's true that life is full of trials, but it's also true that we often fail to recognize the benefits they provide for us. You're probably saying, "You've got to be kidding!" No, I'm not kidding! Let's examine just a few hidden benefits they provide for us, because to discover these hidden treasures in trials, we must look deeper than just on the surface.

When you're traveling in unknown territories you need a map and a compass. Trials can provide a compass, letting us know if we are on or off course in our journey with God. For example, Jonah was running away from God's will. He lost his bearings, as many of us do at times. Like Jonah, we don't do what we should, and we wander in the wrong direction. God sent a storm to Jonah, and a whale to swallow him and you may wonder where the benefit was in this trial?

Jonah's trial was not sent to kill him. God's grace in action through this trial helped him fulfill God's purpose for his life, saved him from throwing away his God-given destiny and it put him in the right direction. Jonah got back on course and God used him to save a nation from destruction. Could the trial you face today have the same purpose? Are you running from God, knowing His call but wanting to do something else? Is God trying to get your attention to turn you back to His purposes for your life?

In Chapters 4 & 5 in the Gospel of Mark, when Jesus and his disciples were going by boat to the Gadarenes (which means the prize is at the end), a severe storm threatened their ability to reach their destination and even endangered their lives. This trial revealed two important things. When Jesus leads you, the devil himself will challenge you and do everything he can to change your direction.

Trials can be the enemy's stumbling blocks to influence you to change your direction. Check it out by asking, "Is Jesus in my boat, or am I going it alone?" If Jesus is in your boat, the devil is confirming you're on track by the trial you're facing. Be assured, you're close to fulfilling God's plan for you in this season and that this trial will not last very long. They made it to their destination and a demonized man, as well as a whole region, was freed from Satan's control. Their trial couldn't compare to the great victories accomplished by staying on their God-given course. A setback doesn't mean you should step back! If you endure the trial Satan sent your way, you'll see the fruit of your efforts. Don't give in or give up.

We don't want to be like so many people who go through trials and get nothing from them except frustration, discouragement, even becoming angry at God. Remember Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."

"I struck you with blight and mildew and hail in all the labors of your hands; yet you did not turn to Me." Haggai 2:17

WHY AM I NOT BLESSED?

As you read Haggai 2, you may think all the talk about holy meat and dead bodies is peculiar (v.12-15). But the lord wasn't just concerned about physical cleanliness. He used those object lessons to help the people to remember what had happened to them after they returned from exile in Babylon.

The sinful attitudes of a few had spread and defiled the whole community. Instead of rebuilding the temple, they had focused on constructing their own homes (1:4). And because of their sin, they lost God's blessing. Then the Lord, like a father who longs for a close relationship with His child, disciplined them to encourage them to return to Him (2:17).

When Haggai came along, they renewed their commitment to God. So the prophet challenged them to remain faithful, and he said the Lord would bless them abundantly (v.19).

Are you enjoying the blessings of a close relationship with God? Or do you need to turn from sin and renew your commitment to Him?

Our sinful ways can sap our joy and isolate us from the Lord:
Confession and repentance, though, provide the way to be restored.

God sometimes takes us into troubled waters - not to drown us but to cleanse us.

wow, just wow....

“Your Trials Can Benefit You”
By: Bishop Gaspar Anastasi

It's true that life is full of trials, but it's also true that we often fail to recognize the benefits they provide for us. You're probably saying, "You've got to be kidding!" No, I'm not kidding! Let's examine just a few hidden benefits they provide for us, because to discover these hidden treasures in trials, we must look deeper than just on the surface.

When you're traveling in unknown territories you need a map and a compass. Trials can provide a compass, letting us know if we are on or off course in our journey with God. For example, Jonah was running away from God's will. He lost his bearings, as many of us do at times. Like Jonah, we don't do what we should, and we wander in the wrong direction. God sent a storm to Jonah, and a whale to swallow him and you may wonder where the benefit was in this trial?

Jonah's trial was not sent to kill him. God's grace in action through this trial helped him fulfill God's purpose for his life, saved him from throwing away his God-given destiny and it put him in the right direction. Jonah got back on course and God used him to save a nation from destruction. Could the trial you face today have the same purpose? Are you running from God, knowing His call but wanting to do something else? Is God trying to get your attention to turn you back to His purposes for your life?

In Chapters 4 & 5 in the Gospel of Mark, when Jesus and his disciples were going by boat to the Gadarenes (which means the prize is at the end), a severe storm threatened their ability to reach their destination and even endangered their lives. This trial revealed two important things. When Jesus leads you, the devil himself will challenge you and do everything he can to change your direction.

Trials can be the enemy's stumbling blocks to influence you to change your direction. Check it out by asking, "Is Jesus in my boat, or am I going it alone?" If Jesus is in your boat, the devil is confirming you're on track by the trial you're facing. Be assured, you're close to fulfilling God's plan for you in this season and that this trial will not last very long. They made it to their destination and a demonized man, as well as a whole region, was freed from Satan's control. Their trial couldn't compare to the great victories accomplished by staying on their God-given course. A setback doesn't mean you should step back! If you endure the trial Satan sent your way, you'll see the fruit of your efforts. Don't give in or give up.

We don't want to be like so many people who go through trials and get nothing from them except frustration, discouragement, even becoming angry at God. Remember Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."

"Be open without being naive: be sensitive without being vulnerable: be wise without being deceived. God wants to enrich you: not confuse you."

Back