2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

tumblr_ml52yjgHAL1qhmhdfo1_500.jpg

I had an ephiphany yesterday.

I was thinking about a man I used to deal with, the thoughts started to turn sour. I immediately stopped and wondered if The Holy Spirit was prompting me to pray for them?

I did, I prayed for his health, for him to know God and that he would have a good day - and you know I didnt think about him again (other than to relay this story).

I then thought, "Maybe I should pray for whomever I am thinking about - if they pop into my head, as opposed to thinking bad thoughts or wondering why they're taking space in my mind."

This is what I will do going forward and it has given me an incredible sense of peace.

The words of Jesus to the Pharisees apply today; we must not nullify the Word of God with manmade traditions (Matthew 15:6)

BrandNew thanks for checking all is well even though I live in one of the hardest hit areas (East) I experienced no flooding at my home thank God, but certain streets were impassable. Hope the same for your family here.

Iwanthealthyhair67 Good to read there was no flooding at your residence, hope the clean up goes well and those that need assistance get it. Fortunately my family didn't have any flooding at the house either.

I feel like a ol-old lady lol. I love my christian talk radio. Sometimes you just need to be thrown into the Word at all times. Listening to Dr.Stanley this morning he talked about having a unforgiving heart. This hits so many levels because often we hold on to things but Jesus paid it all all to him I owe. So that means that person who wronged you sin has been paid and you can't make anyone repay something that has been paid.

The more I reflect on God the more I see my flaws. I'm glad God is in my life in a major way. I can't ever believe I was a Christian before really. I talked a good game but there was no evidence of God really in me. I ran off a person here that I wish I could reconcile with but I will chop that up as a loss in the process. God has replaced those that I thought were great with real great people. Never have I had a concern about family,real love that only God gives. It trips me out on how he pulls on my heart and shows me light in my darkness. I can actually feel God's love like this is why I tried to fill myself with so much but God's spot in my heart can't be filled with anything but him. Thank God for the chance to just worship him for loving me as a ratchet basic chick. I'm nothing without him.

I wanted to talk to someone about this. I went to church for Wednesday night prayer for two weeks in a row. The sisters had on strapless tops. A few had on a jacket, but strapless? Am I sounding too judgmental? What do you guys think of this?

felic1 I wouldn't call it being judgmental but I would think folks would have better chaste about themselves but the heat brings out stuff in folks. A jacket would be appropriate as you are in the Lord's house and you don't want to bring added attention to you and no body wants a wardrobe malfunction at the church.

I like my new home group. Yea that's about to go down.

I don't know if this ability to know things are going to happen before they happen and to sense death coming is a blessing or a curse. I'm just unnerved by it all.

Oh how situations can distort an individual's viewpoint, perception, decisions, utterances, resolve, if they are not rooted and grounded, hidden in Christ in God. (I speak of myself as much as anyone else). Lord please help me, not to run ahead, not to be led by my flesh... Truly need all the prayers that have gone up, and still need more. Praying for others in similar situations also.

Add something useful to the CF. I hardly ever see people until there are threads that has "drama" in it....my goodness. Some just don't have peace in their hearts at all.....not like Jesus.

You can plant a root...but its the fruit you want to see from that root, not the root itself. Stop planting a root that doesn't produce fruit.:nono:

Oh how situations can distort an individual's viewpoint, perception, decisions, utterances, resolve, if they are not rooted and grounded, hidden in Christ in God. (I speak of myself as much as anyone else). Lord please help me, not to run ahead, not to be led by my flesh... Truly need all the prayers that have gone up, and still need more. Praying for others in similar situations also.
Beautiful post and beautiful baby in your siggy!!!

Pooks... your babygirl is soooooooo beautiful.

:bighug:

Pooks, I LOVE your hair in your avatar! Go Pooks....your hair is beautiful!

Nice & Wavy
Thanks sis, first time in a looooong time (over 3 and a half yrs) since I had heat applied to my hair. Thought I'd do it before PP shedding sets in. Only for a week, thankfully no kinks were damaged in the process, now back to normal.

Last edited:
Thanks sis, first time in a looooong time (over 3 and a half yrs) since I had heat applied to my hair. Thought I'd do it before PP shedding sets in. Only for a week, thankfully no kinks were damaged in the process, now back to normal.
Just gorgeous!!! Enjoy your week!

Uh-oh....:look:

Husband is opening up fan to find out why its making noise.....:look::look::look:

He is on a mission....I love it when he's like this...:grin::grin::grin::lol:

Update:
Will be going shopping to get new fan:lachen::lachen::lachen: :rofl: :rofl:

Men always do these things and wind up breaking it....gotta love it!:lol:

2nd Update: Laela

Well, he showed me!:lol::lol::lol:

He stared so long and hard at that fan...then he began to pray. Watch out now!!!

:blush::blush::blush:...don't ya'll know that fan is working and better than it was before....:look::lol:

Don't mess with a man of God when he is focused. Now we don't have to buy a new fan and now Momma take that money and can go buy a new pair of open-toe shoes!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
I can never understand why Christians continuously go to the 'world' for advice help and support ...aren't there enough saved people out there, aren't we suppose pray, encourage and bear one another's burdens...

I can never understand why Christians continuously go to the 'world' for advice help and support ...aren't there enough saved people out there, aren't we suppose pray, encourage and bear one another's burdens...
I believe that they do it because the world will tell them what they want to hear. Asking a Christian for help would mean having to be exposed and having to actually deal with the issue for real.

Me....I run to a Christian (those that I know their fruit:look:) really fast because when two or three come together in agreement, the Lord will grant the petitions asked!

I believe that they do it because the world will tell them what they want to hear. Asking a Christian for help would mean having to be exposed and having to actually deal with the issue for real.

Me....I run to a Christian (those that I know their fruit:look:) really fast because when two or three come together in agreement, the Lord will grant the petitions asked!

yes amen, we are to confess our faults to each other, the effectual fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much!

Back