2013 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

I thank you God for aligning me with a psyc who is a Christian. He felt my intergrity has to be high because I would be in a total different place in life. I felt relieved and ready to work after seeing that he doesn't believe I have bipolar disorder but PTSD. I always think the worst of me but thank God for putting others in my line to show me otherwise.

I'm just so in awe God. You just allowed me to edify a man who is hurting over his marriage. I told him the d word isn't a option. You better be the head God has called you to be. He wanted a hug after as he felt uplifted. I brag on my church alot because they are awesome. I love what God has done through that church for me and I just can't stop talking about it. It's God getting all the glory.

THE ROCK
From Mike O'Melia

There was a man who had a dream. He heard God speaking to him. "Press hard against the large rock". He did not understand this until the morning. He looked out from his hut and saw a huge rock that had rolled down the hillside.

He began to push and push, but he could not move the rock. Throughout the day he had several attempts, but he could not move it. Convinced that God had spoken to him, he made a mission of this task and for weeks he spent some hours every day but he could not budge the rock.

A traveler came by and asked him what he was doing. "God told me to move this rock" he replied. The traveler laughed and said, "You must be mistaken. You will never move a rock that large". Still the man continued his attempts to move the rock without success. Another traveler came by some weeks later and asked what he was doing.

"God told me to move this rock" he replied. The traveler scorned him and said, "Your God is stupid to ask such a thing. It is impossible. Give up". That night the man turned to God in his prayer. "Lord, I have done what you asked, but the task is impossible and it seems you have made fun of me. The travelers have mocked me for believing that I could move the rock as you asked me to do".

Then God spoke gently to him "My son. Look at your strong arms and legs; look at the rippling muscles in your back; look at the tanned hardness of your skin. Look at your increased strength. Look what has happened to you. You are a different man! I asked you to press against the rock and this you have done. I never told you to move it!"

Everything God asks us to do is for our own good. Even if at the time we do not see it.

The Parable of the Wicked Vinedressers

33 “Hear another parable: There was a certain landowner who planted a vineyard and set a hedge around it, dug a winepress in it and built a tower. And he leased it to vinedressers and went into a far country. 34 Now when vintage-time drew near, he sent his servants to the vinedressers, that they might receive its fruit. 35 And the vinedressers took his servants, beat one, killed one, and stoned another. 36 Again he sent other servants, more than the first, and they did likewise to them. 37 Then last of all he sent his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’ 38 But when the vinedressers saw the son, they said among themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.’ 39 So they took him and cast him out of the vineyard and killed him.

40 “Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vinedressers?”

41 They said to Him, “He will destroy those wicked men miserably, and lease his vineyard to other vinedressers who will render to him the fruits in their seasons.”

42 Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:

‘The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.
This was the Lord’s doing,
And it is marvelous in our eyes’?

43 “Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it. 44 And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.”

45 Now when the chief priests and Pharisees heard His parables, they perceived that He was speaking of them.

Last edited:
spent-1024x1024.jpg

There is no failure in God, as such there is no failure in those who are in God.

Father, I thank you for the rain this morning. Thank you for the wisdom to cut the grass yesterday, ready for rain this morning. I am thankful and Your praise will continuously be in my mouth... even for the little things.

Proverbs 6:12-15 NKJV
12 A worthless person, a wicked man,
Walks with a perverse mouth;
13 He winks with his eyes,
He shuffles his feet,
He points with his fingers;
14 Perversity is in his heart,
He devises evil continually,
He sows discord.
15 Therefore his calamity shall come suddenly;
Suddenly he shall be broken without remedy.

Luke 6

26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Forgiveness never means not addressing things or holding people legally accountable. In the Bible, God had judges to prevent the oppression of his children and to get people to obey the laws. People who are allowed to get by and don't someone to do back what they did will to others will chant: "Forgive." Forgive and take legal action always. They will do it again and again. Change is not doing the wrong things for centuries and doing one right thing for five minutes.

Folly is joy to him who is destitute of discernment, But a man of understanding walks uprightly.

Last edited:
One thing is certain ...the Heart of Jesus contains no vengeance and no malice.

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Since I didn't go to church today I decided to really study my notes. Something really hit me today that it's so imperative to have a child like faith. As a child we accept that we need others to help,are weak,trust in every word our parents tell us without doubting. As we get older we begin to start wavering on these things. We believe we can do things in which will allow us into heaven.

The next thing that rang so clear is God disciplines those he loves. Disciple for the most part is looked at negatively and we shy away from it. But looking at it as a intense coaching session that can and will yield better results in your life is key. I know many areas of my life I have alot of work to be done. I know that God has so fluidly placed people in my life for that purpose. It's a slow process but to think back to 5 years ago,5 months ago I am growing and a different person. Growth is something that you can't watch no matter how hard you try but it happens. You can't watch your kid grow but one day your going to be like dang you seem to have grown overnight. Our faith and walk is the same. Constantly tinkering away but eventually it will come full circle.

I'm praying for you ladies as we are all in need of prayer no matter what place we are in life. From those who have wealthy husbands that get to be at home and live the life of luxury to the well to do single lady to the poor working class single woman. We all are in need of prayer.

Hey ladies,

My subscription expires in 2 days and I won't be renewing for awhile. I have a lot of things that need my attention so I'll be away from LHCF for sometime You ladies as always will be in my prayers, please keep me in yours. Love you CF!

Hey ladies!!! My social media fast is over, so I am back! The past 16 weeks has been intense to say the least, but it definitely changed my life forever.

I'll be skimming over and catching up for awhile I am sure. :)

Just sent up a huge prayer for those in Oklahoma City!! Lord have mercy! :cry: the children in the school. :cry2:

Sent from my iPhone 6S

Praying hard for my brother!!! They are saying they have a warrant for his arrest but I know we are going to have a great testimony!! I have faith that God's will be done

stephluv hope all is ok with you.

I saw this blog entry and wanted to share. It really spoke to me in pursuit of life. The more I dig about being a woman of God on a practical level certain things really jar me and refresh me.

The Narrow Place
1 Comment
Posted: May 18, 2013 Topics: Leadership

“If you want to reach any worthy goal at all or do anything significant for God, you will find you always have to go through a narrow place. Any time God leads you toward a broader place – a position of great influence, a greater enjoyment in life, or a fulfilled desire – you will have to squeeze through a narrow place.” Joyce Meyer

The narrow places aren’t fun, but they are necessary.

Where are you feeling stretched, pinched or pulled? Do you know what the broader place is that God is leading you to? Can you see a glimpse of what God may have on the horizon? Hold out hope for that possibility and welcome the pressure of the narrow place.

God always has more in mind than we can imagine!

Job 5:17-18 NKJV

“Behold, happy is the man whom God corrects; Therefore do not despise the chastening of the Almighty. For He bruises, but He binds up; He wounds, but His hands make whole.

Today's thought: I've seen enough miracles in my own life to be satisfied when God wants back what He gave me....

Your brother is in my prayers today..

I'm glad you're holding on tight to God on this. He is merciful and faithful.

Praying hard for my brother!!! They are saying they have a warrant for his arrest but I know we are going to have a great testimony!! I have faith that God's will be done

When faith ha become weakened and you question "why," even feel anger towards G-d, He gently reminds He's there in love...From a secular page, there was this tucked in the corner:

1 Chronicles 16:34

34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures forever.

It was in yellow and was rather small...I would probably have missed it. But He knows where to place the eye. Even as I read about the atheist family who kindly reminded Wolf Blitzer that they didn't have to thank the L-rd for having survived the tornadoes with their babies, I know that they are here because He has determined it wasn't their time. And one day, every man will stand before Him. Aside from Him, there is NO g-d. Today is calmer than yesterday and the fears are subsiding for a time...there is more clarity.

Psalms 136 Psalm 136
136 O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

2 O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.

3 O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.

4 To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.

5 To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever.

6 To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.

7 To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever:

8 The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever:

9 The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.

10 To him that smote Egypt in their firstborn: for his mercy endureth for ever:

11 And brought out Israel from among them: for his mercy endureth for ever:

12 With a strong hand, and with a stretched out arm: for his mercy endureth for ever.

13 To him which divided the Red sea into parts: for his mercy endureth for ever:

14 And made Israel to pass through the midst of it: for his mercy endureth for ever:

15 But overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red sea: for his mercy endureth for ever.

16 To him which led his people through the wilderness: for his mercy endureth for ever.

17 To him which smote great kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:

18 And slew famous kings: for his mercy endureth for ever:

19 Sihon king of the Amorites: for his mercy endureth for ever:

20 And Og the king of Bashan: for his mercy endureth for ever:

21 And gave their land for an heritage: for his mercy endureth for ever:

22 Even an heritage unto Israel his servant: for his mercy endureth for ever.

23 Who remembered us in our low estate: for his mercy endureth for ever:

24 And hath redeemed us from our enemies: for his mercy endureth for ever.

25 Who giveth food to all flesh: for his mercy endureth for ever.

26 O give thanks unto the God of heaven: for his mercy endureth for ever.

BrandNew

Present and accounted for. The flooding was quite dramatic in some areas. I barely didn't make it in to work this morning, the roads were so terrible, but the house and the neighbourhood where I live were virtually unaffected (which I thank God for). Some of my friends weren't so lucky. My co-worker's car stalled last night, and is pretty much a goner (they had to get out in the rain and push it to the side of the road). Another has water in her house. We're just trying to help those who we know and praying for those who we don't know.

Thanks for checking up on us. :)

*waits for Iwanthealthyhair67 *

Thanks for letting me know awhyley. The pictures I saw looked pretty serious in some areas, happy to read that your area was spared. I hope the recovery process for those other areas goes smoothly. And to think hurricane season is upon us next month! Praying for those affected as well.

Back