2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

strenght81 you aren't made of fear period. Who is your father? Isn't he the one who made the earth with nothing. So if your father is that man then there is absolutely nothing to fear but fear. We should have fear of God but nothing else. Vent if you need to,praise as well but never get to the point of no hope as you must stay filled with hope to continue. You will not be a tool that isn't used. Dig deep and hold tight. Reach out to those who are in your corner. You will come through as you already are. It's hottest in the furnace of creation..that's when the impurities are being cleared.

Thank you Lord for your great protection:

You do not need to fear terrors of the night, arrows that fly during the day,
plagues that roam the dark, epidemics that strike at noon.

One thing I have discovered in my own life, faith in God and who He is to me, can be the greatest power I will ever have. Faith really does move mountains and changes things as long as it is aligned with God's Word.

I have absolute confidence that God that will lead me to a new job with the next few months (even weeks). I really can't explain it but I know in my knower that God is working things out for me. He will not let me down, in fact He will out do my highest expectation.

From the Ministry of Encouragement ...

The devil has power
but our power trumps
his power.

We have the authority
to cancel Satan’s activities,
his influence,
and his involvement in our homes,
churches,
businesses,
on our jobs,
in our neighborhoods,
in our families,
and even in our bodies.

Luke 10:19-20 - “Behold, I give unto you power to
tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the
power of the enemy”

GoddessMaker said:
strenght81 you aren't made of fear period. Who is your father? Isn't he the one who made the earth with nothing. So if your father is that man then there is absolutely nothing to fear but fear. We should have fear of God but nothing else. Vent if you need to,praise as well but never get to the point of no hope as you must stay filled with hope to continue. You will not be a tool that isn't used. Dig deep and hold tight. Reach out to those who are in your corner. You will come through as you already are. It's hottest in the furnace of creation..that's when the impurities are being cleared.

You go head and preach girl!!' Yes I receive this as well!! Amen!

From the Ministry of Encouragement ...

The devil has power
but our power trumps
his power.

We have the authority
to cancel Satan’s activities,
his influence,
and his involvement in our homes,
churches,
businesses,
on our jobs,
in our neighborhoods,
in our families,
and even in our bodies.

Luke 10:19-20 - “Behold, I give unto you power to
tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the
power of the enemy”

Thanks was not enough. This was awesome.

Sent from my 4G HTC Thunderbolt using LHCF

Isaiah 55
The Compassion of the LORD
1(A) "Come, everyone who thirsts,
come to the waters;
and he who has no money,
(B) come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without price.
2(C) Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread,
and your labor for that which does not satisfy?
Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good,
and delight yourselves in rich food.
3Incline your ear, and come to me;
(D) hear, that your soul may live;
(E) and I will make with you an everlasting covenant,
(F) my steadfast, sure love for(G) David.
4(H) Behold, I made him a witness to the peoples,
(I) a leader and commander for the peoples.
5(J) Behold, you shall call a nation that you do not know,
and(K) a nation that did not know you shall run to you,
because of the LORD your God, and of the Holy One of Israel,
(L) for he has glorified you.
6(M) "Seek the LORD while he may be found;
call upon him while he is near;
7let the wicked forsake his way,
and the unrighteous man his thoughts;
let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him,
and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
8For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
9(N) For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10(O) "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
(P) giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
11so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but(Q) it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

12(R) "For you shall go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
(S) the mountains and the hills before you
shall break forth into singing,
and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
13(T) Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress;
instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle;
and it shall make a name for the LORD,
an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off."

GoddessMaker said:

Thank you! I needed to read this!!

I am me. I was made the way I am. I wanted to change who I am so badly for so long that I lost me. I wish I could just go with the flow on many things but I can't. I hate to see people not be who they are 100 percent. Once one accepts themselves and all the flaws and the greatness God created them with then one is able to grow. I love me with all my brash and rough edges. God who started a good work in me won't stop til it's done.

From the Ministry of Encouragement

We must be willing to lift
Jesus up and keep Jesus up.

The best way to do this is
for us to quietly come down.

No matter how great you
are be sure to show the
world more of the Greater
One (Christ) and less of you.

Isn’t it all about Him anyway?

John 3:30: “He must increase, but I must decrease”

We have to be honest with ourselves even if no one is saying anything doesn't mean that you don't have a problem. When you lie to yourself, you live a lie and you cannot possibly bring others to wholeness. We are only fooling ourselves. Being honest with ourselves will cause us to change things or just admit that I refuse to deal with it now....

People see our pretenses...Real repentance leads to a change of mind. A change of mind causes us to change our actions. Dissertations are not change...

From the Ministry of Encouragement

“Neither give place to the devil.”
Ephesians 4:27

Why should we not do this?

Because giving place to the
devil gives the devil a foothold
which also gives him permission
to establish a stronghold.

Tell the enemy, there’s
no room for him in your life;
no vacancies you’re all filled
up with the Spirit of God.

One thing I have discovered in my own life, faith in God and who He is to me, can be the greatest power I will ever have. Faith really does move mountains and changes things as long as it is aligned with God's Word.

I have absolute confidence that God that will lead me to a new job with the next few months (even weeks). I really can't explain it but I know in my knower that God is working things out for me. He will not let me down, in fact He will out do my highest expectation.

Again I say, I post this comment the other day under a true holy conviction of God's goodness towards me, especially concerning my job situation. Today, first time this morning, my supervisor came to me to let me know, the director of our department is questioning the continued need for me. He is a good guy and is truly concerned about me so he avised he that he would need me through the end of the year.

But in my heart of hearts, I am ready to move on and have a smooth transition in a new career in the accounting field. I just sense God is going to do that for me. He loves me that much!!!!!!! I wouldn't trade this moment of peace for anything in world.

Last edited:
Lissa0821 said:
Again I say, I post this comment the other day under a true holy conviction of God's goodness towards me, especially concerning my job situation. Today, first time this morning, my supervisor came to me to let me know, the director of our department is questioning the continued need for me. He is a good guy and is truly concerned about me so he avised he that he would need me through the end of the year.

But in my heart of hearts, I am really move on and have a smooth transition in a new career in the accounting field. I just sense God is going to do that for me. He loves me that much!!!!!!! I wouldn't trade this moment of peace for anything in world.

Oh wow that's crazy!! You knew it and I believe you are going to move into something new as well. I think this was confirmation for you. How exciting!

Even though I still have no power I thank God that my family and I are safe. I'm using this opportunity to read the bible more and work on my relationship with God :)

Nice & Wavy said:
Praying for you, sis and your family and the whole region of NJ/NY :pray:

Thank u so much Nice & Wavy! I'm grateful because it could've been so much worse for me especially after seeing all the pics of the storm

But in my heart of hearts, I am ready to move on and have a smooth transition in a new career in the accounting field. I just sense God is going to do that for me. He loves me that much!!!!!!! I wouldn't trade this moment of peace for anything in world.
Hearing the voice of God is the most missed moment in the believer's life if they are not listening, yet...you are hearing His voice and He is revealing His plans for your life. Keep on doing what you are doing and don't stop listening to the voice of God!

Thank u so much Nice & Wavy! I'm grateful because it could've been so much worse for me especially after seeing all the pics of the storm
I praise God because of the hedge of protection that surrounds you and your family. My heart goes out to many that are struggling because of this storm.

Whatever we believe be it true or not is our reality. If we think we don't have power or truly victorous then we aren't. Even if the word says one thing about us and we believe another the other will stand true in your life. Whatever a woman thinks she is. So if you believe you are a depressed beggar then you are. The beauty of this is you may be in horrid situations like myself but if you can change your thoughts then you can have the world.

@Shimmie and @Nice & Wavy:
I became misty-eyed as I read everyone’s kind words. Even though I enjoy the other parts of the forum (I’ve grown my hair to just past shoulder-length and I’m all caught up on Hollywood :look:), the more time I spend in the CF, the more it feels like finding shelter during a storm. I feel warm and loved by complete strangers and that’s a testament to the compassion God gave us all to share with others. Even the disagreements have a different vibe here!

On a personal note: I lost my job this past June; it was the first job I was passionate about and believed it would be my career. It still may be – only God knows my path right now. I became depressed as I grieved over the loss; I told my friends I technically counted this position as my first serious relationship - more than any romantic one because I had wanted it since I was twelve, even though I didn’t know what it was called.

Long story short: It’s November 1st and I’m still out of work. I’m in a better place emotionally, but I could use some spiritual help. I’m asking you ladies to please add me to your prayer list and I will add you to mine.

Have a blessed day!

Hey demlew I hope you don't mind responding to your request. I just wanted to share with you what my plan is at this point in time in continuing in my faith concerning a new job.

Each night before I go to sleep I plan to take a few minutes to meditate on the following scripture. I will also keep a printout of it at my desk to read to myself or better yet read outloud a few times a day. Keeping my eyes on this particular promise of God about work will keep my heart full of faith and confidence. It won't always be easy to do because there will always be distractions but God looks over his Word to preform in your life.

Ecclesiastes 5:18-20

New King James Version (NKJV)
18 Here is what I have seen: It is good and fitting for one to eat and drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labor in which he toils under the sun all the days of his life which God gives him; for it is his heritage. 19 As for every man to whom God has given riches and wealth, and given him power to eat of it, to receive his heritage and rejoice in his labor—this is the gift of God. 20 For he will not dwell unduly on the days of his life, because God keeps him busy with the joy of his heart.
Ecclesiastes 5:18-20

New Living Translation (NLT)
18 Even so, I have noticed one thing, at least, that is good. It is good for people to eat, drink, and enjoy their work under the sun during the short life God has given them, and to accept their lot in life. 19 And it is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life—this is indeed a gift from God. 20 God keeps such people so busy enjoying life that they take no time to brood over the past.

@Lissa0821 - Thank you for the verse! I've already printed it out and will carry it with me to read throughout the day.

Yes, Honey.... Earlier this year right before I started the job I currently have, I was meditating on this scripture. I was at a restuarant Monday afternoon with a friend and out of nowhere this scripture came alive to me. I remember throwing my napkin and saying I am getting a job this month so I can eat here whenever I want. My friend just laughed at me because at the time I had been out of work over a year. I knew I was speaking from my heart not wishful thinking.

That Friday at 9 pm of the same week I got the call offering me the job, which I had interviewed for six months ago. Here is the best part, I have truly enjoyed this job and it doubled my salary from $16 to over $30 per hour.

God Word works!!!!!!! If He did it once He will do it again and that goes for any and every area of our lives.

For all You have given,
Thank You God.

For all You have withheld,
Thank You God.

For all You have withdrawn,
Thank You God.

For all You have permitted,
Thank You God.

For all You have prevented,
Thank You God.

For all You have forgiven me,
Thank You God.

For all You have prepared for me,
Thank You God.

For the death You have chosen for me,
Thank you God.

For the place you are keeping for me in heaven,
Thank You God.

For having created me to love You for eternity,
Thank You God.

God is Provider...thanking Him today for providing more work and an extended contract! :yay: I know that is God! Anyone wanting to work for themselves, stay encouraged and committed... and trust God will make a way. Sometimes it may not be the way we want it, but He knows best.... God takes care of His Children... :yep:

GoddessMaker said:
Whatever we believe be it true or not is our reality. If we think we don't have power or truly victorous then we aren't. Even if the word says one thing about us and we believe another the other will stand true in your life. Whatever a woman thinks she is. So if you believe you are a depressed beggar then you are. The beauty of this is you may be in horrid situations like myself but if you can change your thoughts then you can have the world.

For as he thinks in his heart, so is he-Proverbs 23:7

Back