2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

@Lissa0821, wow - you read my mind! I'm in the same predicament. I want so much for my sis & her 2 boys, but her past decisions has put her in a rut that's hard to bounce out of.

I'm praying for you and ask that you do the same for me.

This was powerful. I too have a sister who is continuously making bad choices and expecting to be bailed and out and even threatening suicide and I had nearly gotten to the point of simply not caring but thank God for the Holy Ghost. When I can't love and forgive I can depend on the Holy Ghost and let Him love through me.

Sent from my 4G HTC Thunderbolt using LHCF

gvin89 and MrsHaseeb

Thanks ladies, this really blesses me to know that I am not alone. While I am not exactly proud of myself and my attitude towards my sister's situation. I really felt the need to share my not so Christian feelings here on the forum.

I have come to realize that I have to love my sister on purpose. I have to be on purpose and bless her when she crosses my mind, be on purpose when I ask God to pray through me for her. Just be on purpose and let my thoughts or reasoning go. As much as I like to think I know it all concerning her situation, I really dont. But I can be used by God to prayer or do whatever He leads me to do on her behalf.

There will come a time when the Bible won't be so available to me, that I take it for granted. I will be an enemy of the state; so preparation is key.... Lord help us all.

Thinking about the importance of never doubting. Don't doubt--discern. Sometimes we don't know what the nature is of what we've perceived, heard, felt. Wait on the Lord and through prayer and reflection allow Him to reveal the truth.

Familiarity breeds contempt. I have just really gathered the meaning of this saying. I use to believe that if a person knew your background and sees you making strides they would be happy. But that is so bogus. I won't even feel stupid for thinking that way. I must just be naive or really try to think the best of others. I expect older people to act like they have sense. I see that age doesn't equate sense.

Shimmie you're right. You are a constant reminder that I need not to limit God and to remember who I am in God.

I appreciate you!! Thank you!

@MarriageMaterial... :love2:

Shoe boxes have a purpose. Tell that hanging shoe where it belongs and let it know that you will not put up with it lingering over your head as if it were a crown.

M and M... I've witnessed your faith and your stand. You've seen tougher shoes and you took them down and walked in them, they did not walk over you.

I admire your faith; you encouraged my faith and I thank God for each day that you endured and came through. You will not lose in this challenge that you are currently going through.

How do I know? It's the tail end of the challenge you endured earlier this year. . You've already won. M and M... you've won. :cup:

Familiarity breeds contempt. I have just really gathered the meaning of this saying. I use to believe that if a person knew your background and sees you making strides they would be happy. But that is so bogus. I won't even feel stupid for thinking that way. I must just be naive or really try to think the best of others. I expect older people to act like they have sense. I see that age doesn't equate sense.

People are just as happy when you are down and out...and just a mean as a squirrel when you are on the up and up!

I know this is for me:

There are things and people that you have been holding on to that are no longer relevant to your life. You must now release everything that keeps you connected to the past in order to make room for what is coming. Much of what you have refused to let go of has actually become an anchor that holds you back. I call you to raise your anchors and unfurl your sails so that the wind of My Spirit can move you into the freedom of My purposes for you, says the Lord.

John 3:8 "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

From the Ministry of Encouragement...

Is your life filled with
bitterness,
selfishness,
self-pity,
negativism,
jealousy,
pride,
boredom,
or constant drama?

Cheer up,
an attitude of gratitude
can change your outlook
and transform your life.

That’s right,
when we master the ministry
of giving thanks to the Lord
it makes us happy,
and those around us happy too.

Ephesians 5:20- “Giving thanks always
for all things unto God and the Father
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

The promises of God are Yes and Amen ...

Are you standing on the promises of God today?

Today's promise ...

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Some people only want to hear your sad story
They don't want to hear about your joys
I know a God that brings me peace and joy
and that's what I want to tell
Why dwell on the sad stories
I can share testimonies yes, I will share how I've overcome through Christ yes
But it's so important when we also share our joys!

^^^Amen. Some are only interested in sad stories because they want to be some kind of savior. They can't compare to mine. I'd rather just be positive as much as possible and say a good "hello." It's disheartening when someone is disinterested in that - they'd rather hear about you suffering. :sad:

@kila82 right on time!! I was just saying how I need to let go of my ex-boyfriend family members ALL OF THEM!!!

(I/we still maintained contact with each other.) But I realized a few days ago that I don't want them apart of my life anymore. It's holding on to a past relationship of him....of them.....I'm ready to move forward with my life.

They are no longer relevant.

I know this is for me:

There are things and people that you have been holding on to that are no longer relevant to your life. You must now release everything that keeps you connected to the past in order to make room for what is coming. Much of what you have refused to let go of has actually become an anchor that holds you back. I call you to raise your anchors and unfurl your sails so that the wind of My Spirit can move you into the freedom of My purposes for you, says the Lord.

John 3:8 "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

MarriageMaterial said:
@kila82 right on time!! I was just saying how I need to let go of my ex-boyfriend family members ALL OF THEM!!!

(I/we still maintained contact with each other.) But I realized a few days ago that I don't want them apart of my life anymore. It's holding on to a past relationship of him....of them.....I'm ready to move forward with my life.

They are no longer relevant.

Amen sis! I've gotta let go of these girls I'm friends with lol we do nothing but act crazy when I go out with them and I'm tired of it..

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif] Man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. ~C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain

I love knowing my God, for He is God and there is no other!!!
[/FONT]

Everlasting Father, through the Cross you
taught us the sublime wisdom of Jesus Christ.
May we reject falsehood and
remain loyal to the Faith even as we are
called to be signs of contradiction in our
world. Grant us, by the sevenfold gifts of
your Spirit, the strength to stand firm and
the clarity to always speak your Truth in
love to all those we meet. We ask this in
the Name of Christ Crucified and Risen,
in the power of His Holy Spirit. Amen.

Wow...All opinions but Biblical ones are welcomed when discussing a CHRISTIAN topic? I am surely missing something here. But I will respectfully bow out.

I will now go feast on the fruit of self control lol.

I feel like I'm missing something

Anyway, ladies if the Unashamed tour comes your way I'd highly suggest going. Unless you hate rap. But it was really ministering :)

I wonder why I can be so good about reading and studying the word then others I can't even be bothered. I pray daily as I feel that at least is something I must do. One day things will flow and it won't feel so forced or it may always feel this way. I often times believe maybe I wasn't meant to be a christian my entire life but then there are too many things that has happen in my life that lets me know I can't walk away. My walk is personal one that is pushing me to go deeper in many areas I don't desire to. Wonder what's on the horizon.

Wow...All opinions but Biblical ones are welcomed when discussing a CHRISTIAN topic? I am surely missing something here. But I will respectfully bow out.

Girl...don't:nono:. It's not worth it.

People can say whatever they want about our God, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and who we are as believers but, if I put out a thread that talked against some things, all hell will break loose against what I write.:nono:

There is more evil on this forum than I originally thought.

This makes me sad.

:sad:

"The technique of marginalizing a viewpoint by labeling it religion is particularly effective in late twentieth century America, because there is a general impression, reinforced by Supreme Court decisions, that religion does not belong in public..."

Reason in the balance. The case against Naturalism in Science, Law and Education. This book is blowing my mind

Girl...don't:nono:. It's not worth it.

People can say whatever they want about our God, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and who we are as believers but, if I put out a thread that talked against some things, all hell will break loose against what I write.:nono:

There is more evil on this forum than I originally thought.

This makes me sad.

:sad:

Nice & Wavy and CoilyFields...

:bighug:

Because I understand and love you both. :Rose:

Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
(Matt. 7:13-14 NKJ)
Verse fourteen indicates that Jesus is talking about obtaining life. He is referring to eternal or everlasting life. The word gate refers to a door or an entrance. Jesus says that there is a narrow door or entrance that leads to everlasting life.

This specific gate is also mentioned in the Gospel of John.
I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
(John 10:9-10 NKJ)
Jesus is the door or gate through which we must enter in order to find everlasting life. We're saved by accepting Him as our Savior and Lord and then by living the way He desires for us to live.

Notice how Jesus said the same thing in the following verse: "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me'" (John 14:6 NKJ).

The only way to Heaven is through Jesus. The wide gate would be every belief and religion that excludes Jesus as the Savior and Lord. He's as close as the mention of His name (Rom. 10:8-13).

Dear God. Continue to give me the strength to keep "silent" in both instances.

Proverbs 17:
28 Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent,
and discerning if they hold their tongues.

Proverbs 23:
9 Do not speak to fools,
for they will scorn your prudent words.

What do you do when a relative (who is Christian) is acting possessed? Do you let him/her self-destruct? Do you continue to pray for him/her?

I've sent up my prayers and am leaving them there. But I'm also leaving this relative for the sake of my own peace of mind. I know that God will work it out, but it has to be between the two of them. I can't insert myself anymore. I actually feel at peace about this ... about removing myself ... at least for now.

Back