2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

WHAT is going on?!? It's like something good will happen then something bad will happen. It's been like this all month!!!

It's hard to enjoy the good things because I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop!

Fearless Felix: "Sometimes we have to get really high, to see how small we really are."

There is so much depth/dimension to this simple comment.... would he have known to say this if he wasn't skydiving? Gives new meaning to me on perception vs reality.

Feeling content. Just comfortable and happy in this space. After having battled depression for a long time this is good. I feel good.

WHAT is going on?!? It's like something good will happen then something bad will happen. It's been like this all month!!!

It's hard to enjoy the good things because I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop!

MarriageMaterial... :love2:

Shoe boxes have a purpose. Tell that hanging shoe where it belongs and let it know that you will not put up with it lingering over your head as if it were a crown.

M and M... I've witnessed your faith and your stand. You've seen tougher shoes and you took them down and walked in them, they did not walk over you.

I admire your faith; you encouraged my faith and I thank God for each day that you endured and came through. You will not lose in this challenge that you are currently going through.

How do I know? It's the tail end of the challenge you endured earlier this year. . You've already won. M and M... you've won. :cup:

From the Ministry of Encouragement ...

Jesus did not enjoy the cross.

He would enjoy what followed
the cross which was glory to
His Father and redemption
for mankind.

There will be times when
you too will have to give
up something good in
order to obtain something
greater….it’s called sacrifice
which is nothing more than
delayed gratification.

Hebrews 12:2b - “who for the joy that was
set before him endured the cross, despising
the shame”

:lol::lol::lol:

Makes me laugh when I read certain things on LHCF. Whoo---so glad to have laughter in my heart.:lol:

Ok, going back out....see ya!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ok, back in to laugh some more...and they just keep coming with it....:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol:

Makes me laugh when I read certain things on LHCF. Whoo---so glad to have laughter in my heart.:lol:

Ok, going back out....see ya!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have to agree with you totally...agree and with a double 'wooo' :lol:

Question: Since when is a Christian unrighteous for taking a stand on God's Word and His principles, YET...mind you, YET...

Those think and sputter this obscurity, not only feel that they are 'free' they can say this and call it truth, but also feel they are free to stand upon 'their' words, which for the most part have absolutely nothing to do with righteousness. It's obvious that they have no clue as to what righteousness is.

:look: :look: :look:

Last edited:
I spent a lot of time ducking, maneuvering, afraid that if I faced it head on I'd be brought into bondage. But His words are true: You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

There's no cause to fear the truth.

I have to agree with you totally...agree and with a double 'wooo' :lol:

Question: Since when is a Christian unrighteous for taking a stand on God's Word and His principles, YET...mind you, YET...

Those think and sputter this obscurity, not only 'free' they can say this and call it truth, but also feel they are free to stand upon 'their' words, which for the most part have absolutely nothing to do with righteousness. It's obvious that they have no clue as to what righteousness is.

:look: :look: :look:
Gurl....:lol: sho' u right!

However, I'm just over carnal christians and their foolishness. I can say this: When the time comes, (there will be people, like in the day of Noah) banging on the door for it to open and it will be too late. Jesus will have to say "I never knew you...depart from me you worker of iniquity, I know you not.":nono: Matthew 7:23

Unbelievable....:nono::nono::nono:

Last edited:
Thus says the Lord.....

“The LORD confides in those who fear Him; He makes his covenant known to them. My eyes are ever on the LORD, for only He will release my feet from the snare.” Psalm 25:14-15

Last edited:
Gurl....:lol: sho' u right!

However, I'm just over carnal christians and their foolishness. I can say this: When the time comes, (there will be people, like in the day of Noah) banging on the door for it to open and it will be too late. Jesus will have to say "I never knew you...depart from me you worker of iniquity, I know you not.":nono: Matthew 7:23

Unbelievable....:nono::nono::nono:

Sis, I had to go back and edit my sentence... :lol: I was typing too fast.

Anyhoo.... I'm glad that you 'understood' what I meant. :look:

:bighug:

girl, i need to just be a vegetarian at this point :look::lol::lol::lol:
I'm bout to join right in with shadrach meshach and abednego...
better yet i just need to be like josiah and not look to the left or to the right :lol:
Well then, spit out the tomato's, broccoli, tofu and whatever else you want to eat...just spit doggone it!

For evil people can't sleep until they have done their evil deed for the day. The can't rest until they have caused someone to stumble. (Proverbs 4:16) NLT

" Cast out the scoffer, and contention will will leave; yes strife and reproach will cease. (Proverbs 22:10) NLT

Last edited:
For evil people can't sleep until they have done their evil deed for the day. The can't rest until they have caused someone to stumble. (Proverbs 4:16) NLT

" Cast out the scoffer, and contention will will leave; yes strife and reproach will cease. (Proverbs 22:10) NLT

Sis, I just thought about something when I read your scripture...

JONAH....

Twice, Jonah was cast out...

From the ship, that he tried to escape from God's command to go to Ninevah. The great storm arose and when the shipmates realized that it was because of Jonah, they tossed him overboard.

The storm ceased...

Then from the belly of the whale. Obviously he was giving the whale 'reflux', and the whale spit him out from his belly...

The whale was healed.... :look: (Okay... I took 'license with that one')

However Jonah was in rebellion, he contended with the Lord when God gave him a command; a work to do. Jonah was a scoffer, for he scoffed at the natives of Ninevah, calling them unworthy of God's grace.

So! Where am I going with this?

Obedience is better than sacrifice... being cast out.

I am having a hard time being prayerful for my sister and her family. She is making what I consider to be a very "dumb" choices and in the past I have bailed her out financially. God has convicted me that I am not her savior years ago, so I learned to put my wallet away a long time ago.

But this time I feel my heart harden towards her because from where I stand we have sat under the same teaching so I question how does she make the choices she makes. There is no logical reason or excuse. But at the same time, who am I to roll my eyes at anyone. Without God I am hopeless and nothing. I think for my sister I want so much more for her that she does seem to want or feel she can have for herself. What was once sympathy is now indifference.

I know I need to prayer in the Spirit to press past my feelings and thoughts about her situation cause right now I keep thinking why bother, she is going to do the same thing again come next month.

I want that heart passionate belief that it can be better for my sister and her family but right now I don't want to do what needs to be done. But I think what if someone decided not to pray for me when I was making unwise decisions, where would I be now. How can I call Lord, Lord and ignore my sister who is in obvious need and still expect the blessings of God. I need to act like and be a child of God not when it is convenient for me or easy but at all times.

I think I found my own answer.

But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means. (1 Corinthians 2:14 NLT)

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God." Romans 5:1-2

God I know your making me stronger in these situations that are rough at work. I know you are pushing me more and more. I know that I don't always comply or act a certain way but I see you hand. That's all I can cling to when things just don't make sense.

Lissa0821, wow - you read my mind! I'm in the same predicament. I want so much for my sis & her 2 boys, but her past decisions has put her in a rut that's hard to bounce out of.

I'm praying for you and ask that you do the same for me.

I am having a hard time being prayerful for my sister and her family. She is making what I consider to be a very "dumb" choices and in the past I have bailed her out financially. God has convicted me that I am not her savior years ago, so I learned to put my wallet away a long time ago.

But this time I feel my heart harden towards her because from where I stand we have sat under the same teaching so I question how does she make the choices she makes. There is no logical reason or excuse. But at the same time, who am I to roll my eyes at anyone. Without God I am hopeless and nothing. I think for my sister I want so much more for her that she does seem to want or feel she can have for herself. What was once sympathy is now indifference.

I know I need to prayer in the Spirit to press past my feelings and thoughts about her situation cause right now I keep thinking why bother, she is going to do the same thing again come next month.

I want that heart passionate belief that it can be better for my sister and her family but right now I don't want to do what needs to be done. But I think what if someone decided not to pray for me when I was making unwise decisions, where would I be now. How can I call Lord, Lord and ignore my sister who is in obvious need and still expect the blessings of God. I need to act like and be a child of God not when it is convenient for me or easy but at all times.

I think I found my own answer.

This was powerful. I too have a sister who is continuously making bad choices and expecting to be bailed and out and even threatening suicide and I had nearly gotten to the point of simply not caring but thank God for the Holy Ghost. When I can't love and forgive I can depend on the Holy Ghost and let Him love through me.

Sent from my 4G HTC Thunderbolt using LHCF

This is great! I'll add that he casted himself out, a third time, when he withdrew and camped outside of the city in anger, to see what would happen to the people. Arrogance, because it's God's Grace..not Jonah's grace.

At the bolded....that's wisdom. :yep:

Sis, I just thought about something when I read your scripture...

JONAH....

Twice, Jonah was cast out...

From the ship, that he tried to escape from God's command to go to Ninevah. The great storm arose and when the shipmates realized that it was because of Jonah, they tossed him overboard.

The storm ceased...

Then from the belly of the whale. Obviously he was giving the whale 'reflux', and the whale spit him out from his belly...

The whale was healed.... :look: (Okay... I took 'license with that one')

However Jonah was in rebellion, he contended with the Lord when God gave him a command; a work to do. Jonah was a scoffer, for he scoffed at the natives of Ninevah, calling them unworthy of God's grace.

So! Where am I going with this?

Obedience is better than sacrifice... being cast out.

Be on the alert, for I am revealing the truth of situations and circumstances so that you can deal with issues that continue to keep you from the flow of My Spirit. Be open and receive the wisdom that I am pouring forth into your life and being. There are changes to be made if you are to prosper in this new season, says the Lord. If you try to protect your sin or keep it covered, it will only cause harm. Be honest and open with yourself and with Me. Transparency is the order of the day.

Proverbs 4:23 Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.

Amos 2:6
This is what the LORD says: "For three sins of Israel, even for four, I will not turn back [my wrath]. They sell the righteous for silver, and the needy for a pair of sandals.

Amos 8:6
And you mix the grain you sell with chaff swept from the floor. Then you enslave poor people for one piece of silver or a pair of sandals

Amos 3:9
Proclaim to the fortresses of Ashdod and to the fortresses of Egypt: Assemble yourselves on the mountains of Samaria; see the great unrest within her and the oppression among her people.

2 Chronicles 7:14
Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.

James 4:10
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

From the Ministry of Encouragement...

The key to being encouraged,
no matter what’s going on in
your life, is placing all your
trust in the Lord.

Do this and discouragement
will leave because it will
not stay where the presence
of God is.

Stop what you're doing and
take a moment to encourage
yourself.