2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

GoddessMaker: Girl, you made 1st runner up!?! And as a 1st-timer!?! CONGRATULATIONS!!! And I'm not just saying that to be nice. I mean it!! :) You did well to earn that spot above all the other contestants!!

I know... @Laela... it's just wrong, for @Nice & Wavy to have that picture of sheer torture.

Those chocolate chips keep 'winking' at me, saying : "Come Hither" Shimmie, Come Hither" :lol:

Right now it's easier to get through the eye of a needle, than to get to those chips....

Precious Wavy, can I place an order for some of them cookies?
I sorry:look::lol:. Shimmie, you are soooooo funny! The next batch I will send some to you and to Laela too!

Thank all 3 of you. I thank you more so for not flogging me. I will shake this off in a day or two. I can't stay in this state of mind since it's major damaging.

I think that 1st Runner up is still a good accomplishment. You could have walked away with nothing. It still qualifies as a honorable mention. You should be proud of yourself. You are being too hard. Plus, you had no training or the other resources people use to win. So, you killed it.:grin:

James 1:5

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

I went to the Joyce Meyer Women's Conference last week and I've been renewed. I have that fire back that I've been missing over the last few months. Simply put, it was an AMAZING experience and I'm thankful to God for allowing me to experience it.

September 24

James 3:10

Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. (New International Version)

James has always been a straight shooter as it relates to practical demonstrations of godliness. He told us in chapter one that pure and undefiled religion is validated when you visit the widows and the fatherless. In chapter two he told us that we need to give what is needed instead of just encouraging people to depart and be warmed and filled. Now in chapter three he tells us not to be two-mouthed. (I sort of made that term up as similar to being two-faced). We are commended and commanded to praise God. If anyone knows how much God is worthy of praise, it should be those of us who are His beneficiaries. However, the same fountain that delivers fresh the water of praise to God, also delivers bitter waters towards the image of God. Therefore, James is revealing the will of God in that we should be consistent. Would you release those bitter waters when you're communing with God? I hope the answer is obviously: of course not! Man is God's crowning achievement and His image on earth. He expects us refresh each other like we refresh Him.

Elder S R Henderson, Associate Pastor
The Rock Baptist Church

Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so. James 3:10 NKJV

Blessing means to speak well of others too. Cursing can also pertain to also lying, deceit, slander and speaking evil of others. You cannot speak evil and create divisions and proclaim love for others. How does that promote the body of Christ?

Last edited:
James 1:5

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

I like this. We have to be willing to realize that God's ways are the better ways even if it isn't the option we wanted. Good verse!

I'm so encouraged by you ladies here. When I think I will be belittled I'm actually uplifted. God help me not to throw my walk away. I want to just not be a believer anymore but then I know all things are to be counted as joy both the good and the bad. It hurts to not be in the ups all the time but I know realistically it's not possible. The bad times help me to cleave to the good times even more. When you have rainy days you can savor the days where the sun blinds you. Today will be a good day.

A blessing for all you ladies:

May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace, in Jesus name. Amen!

@Laela, @Nice & Wavy and @Shimmie

I had freshly baked cookies last night and thought of you guys ...yum yum, lol
Thank you for thinking of me :love2: I love freshly baked cookies....guess you will be on my list too to send some when I make my next batch!

I think I'm going to make some Christmas Cookies this year. I use to do them when my son was growing up...matter of fact, that kid was spoiled:lol:...I cooked and baked for him on a weekly basis. When he comes home to visit, he always wants me to make his favorite things....I love to do it though and see his face light up:grin:.

A blessing for all you ladies:

May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace, in Jesus name. Amen!
Thank you for your blessings, sister! :love3:

May the Lord bless you today and may your joyful, peaceful, loving spirit disengage every spirit of strife and contention that would try to spring up its ugly head today.

Nice & Wavy I will need a cookie basket from your hand under my Christmas tree this year even if I have to buy a tree. Those cookies with some almond milk right now would hit the spot..

Trying to shake the not good thoughts right now. It's a battle. Joyce Meyer was correct in the mind is a battle field. If the mind can conceieve it then the body can achieve it. Every time I push on and try to focus on what I do have something pops up to show me negative. I just have to keep pushing I can't go backwards.

@Nice & Wavy I will need a cookie basket from your hand under my Christmas tree this year even if I have to buy a tree. Those cookies with some almond milk right now would hit the spot..

Trying to shake the not good thoughts right now. It's a battle. Joyce Meyer was correct in the mind is a battle field. If the mind can conceieve it then the body can achieve it. Every time I push on and try to focus on what I do have something pops up to show me negative. I just have to keep pushing I can't go backwards.
GoddessMaker , I will add you to my list. I better slow down or I will be making cookies for the entire forum:lachen::lachen::lachen:!

I am typing something up that I found in my archives of stuff from many, many years ago. I tried looking it up online, but its no longer there, so I have to type it out. But, I think it will bless you.

You have come to far to go back now. Sometimes, right when we are on the cusp of our blessings/breakthroughs, is when we go through the hardest times ever.

If you were on a boat and fell into the water and there was a rope for you to hold on to, you won't let that rope go...no matter what until you get to dry ground, right? Well...let this be the rope for you....don't let go until you get what you have been asking for. God will not fail you...ever!

God has good things and is always doing good things. He is definitely a gracious and demonstrates loving-kindness towards us.

Please don't quote

Ladies I don't need any advice or anything (but your prayers would help), I'm just venting

Having a "meh" kind of day
sometimes I wonder if I made the right choices
I'm mad at myself for being such a people pleaser and for making choices to please others even when I wasn't sure about them myself
I don't even know if this is what I wanted or what I want now
I did not seek God in the process and wander if somehow I neglected the signs not to pursue
I wander if I neglected the calling I have in my heart......

I'm afraid that this is somehow not the right thing
I wish I knew for sure
It's funny because on the outside my loved thinks it's the right thing
but it's because I haven't been upfront with them, I haven't told them otherwise
So when I received a prophetic word a few weeks ago about something else
they automatically dismissed it as "off" "wrong"
though to me it was right on target

If only I knew how
The only person I need to hear from about this at this point is God

I love when DH ministers to me.....:love2:
Jesus didn't go around sounding off that He is the Son of God. He didn't need to prove anything. When questioning came, He asked His disciples "Whom do you say I AM?" They declared.

We thank you this day is coming and you will use us to influence others positively:

All nations will come to your light; mighty kings will come to see your radiance.

Ladies, I bless you today.

Dear Ones, you are under the protection of God who can do the impossible. I bless you with peace that comes from God who created light in great darkness, who brings light into the very shadow of death.

I bless you with knowing that God makes peace regardless of your circumstances.

We are living in troublesome days, and there is much uncertainty.

Although we are living in a sober time in history, we can walk in the light because God decrees that the light of His presence shines in darkness.

I bless each of you my sisters, with not being dependent on circumstances in your world, but receiving from your Father the peace that He offers in your life, no matter how dark it is around you.

I bless you with peace that an only come because the Prince of Peace rules you.

I bless you with an anointing for taking the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ to those who do not know it, as an overflow of your life. When you walk in this peace, the peace of those around you will increase, although they carry turmoil.

I bless you with being known as someone who carries the peace of God with you everywhere you go, so that people will seek you out because they are so desperate for the peace of God.

http://www.pray-the-scriptures.com/index.html

Dear Ones, you are under the protection of God who can do the impossible. I bless you with peace that comes from God who created light in great darkness, who brings light into the very shadow of death.

Although we are living in a sober time in history, we can walk in the light because God decrees that the light of His presence shines in darkness.

I bless each of you my sisters, with not being dependent on circumstances in your world, but receiving from your Father the peace that He offers in your life, no matter how dark it is around you.

I bless you with an anointing for taking the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ to those who do not know it, as an overflow of your life. When you walk in this peace, the peace of those around you will increase, although they carry turmoil.

I bless you with being known as someone who carries the peace of God with you everywhere you go, so that people will seek you out because they are so desperate for the peace of God.

Thank you sis and the same blessings to you in Jesus' name.

I love when DH ministers to me.....:love2:
Jesus didn't go around sounding off that He is the Son of God. He didn't need to prove anything. When questioning came, He asked His disciples "Whom do you say I AM?" They declared.
Me too.....:love3::yep:

Thank you, sis and I bless you too today!!! :love2:

Living the Christian life unconnected to the new covenant is like trying to play football without the ball.

Pastor Tony Evans

``````````````````
God always has a plan for us and He has provision for us. It is not necessary to see His entire Hand, but as you take a step to move forward in faith and prayer, be assured that God has a blessing moving to meet you. In these times of trouble, God has already made a way of escape.

Bishop TD Jakes

Last edited:
Back