2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

487569_433426036695345_1462352438_n.jpg

Lord something that I have been fighting has come up again. It's way too contrary to your word so even though I may feel one way I can't act. I know your Word but why do I feel the way I do. I wonder if this will be a thorn in my side for life or until the root comes up. I'm glad I have non-judgemental folks in my life.

Psalms 119:165
Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Just stopping in to say hi to everyone

I woke up a few weeks ago and the scripture There's no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus just popped into my mind. I thought to myself oh that is interesting. Later that day I was talking to a pastor and I really wasn't sure whether I should go into detail about a particular issue in my life l was asking to be prayed over. He said to me "the Holy Spirit wants me for some reason to quote this verse 'There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" and my eyes probably were wide open! I was like whoa that's exactly what I heard this morning when I woke up. Not only was it confirmation for me, but I felt so blessed knowing God is not condemning me. I'm always so full of guilt and I'd like to just move forward in my life.

sent thru my iPhone

Was watching Obama and Richie Rich speak at two separate Ohio events today, and had to shake my head .. Just keeping my head bowed over this election...and this country.

Lord something that I have been fighting has come up again. It's way too contrary to your word so even though I may feel one way I can't act. I know your Word but why do I feel the way I do. I wonder if this will be a thorn in my side for life or until the root comes up. I'm glad I have non-judgemental folks in my life.

Just because you have been delivered from something doesn't mean you won't be tempted. Being tempted doesn't make you a bad person. Just don't follow through.

Blessings to you all today

Deuteronomy 28
And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.

3Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.

4Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.

5Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.

6Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.

7The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.

8The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

9The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.

10And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee.

11And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

12The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.

13And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:

14And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.

Nice & Wavy if I gain any weight I'm going to put you as a reason for putting ideas n my head..lobster mac and cheese interesting..

Lord I know my life isn't my own and because I know certain things I wouldn't do it. I wish the thing that is on my mind which is wrong would calm me down. Maybe admitting it is part of the problem. To be open is surreal.

@Nice & Wavy if I gain any weight I'm going to put you as a reason for putting ideas n my head..lobster mac and cheese interesting..

Lord I know my life isn't my own and because I know certain things I wouldn't do it. I wish the thing that is on my mind which is wrong would calm me down. Maybe admitting it is part of the problem. To be open is surreal.
GoddessMaker :bighug: I sorry:grin: I couldn't help it....the food was so good, I just had to share:look:.

It's delicious with lobster....I couldn't believe it!

Was watching Obama and Richie Rich speak at two separate Ohio events today, and had to shake my head .. Just keeping my head bowed over this election...and this country.

Girl.....don't let me get started:nono::nono:, but I am in prayer with you and many others over this election.

No, but I'm going to have to check it out.

I'm pretty calm about what's going to happen. All that fuss I went through earlier is over and done with. No matter who wins, God's promises for my life are still going to be fulfilled. Politicians can make yet cannot keep their promises, however God does and always will.

I'm at peace and so happy that I am. I don't have to care about either candidate, God prevails over all of them. :yep:

I know for a fact that you and many others are glad too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wondering how to deal with the feelings I have knowing I will never be able to act on them. I know what the words says even more now on the topic. It hurts so badly but I can't do anything that God feels so strongly about..this really must be a root issue that has caused so many symptoms on the surface of my life.

1 Kings 8:56-61
Praise be to the LORD, who has given rest to his people Israel just as he promised. Not one word has failed of all the good promises he gave through his servant Moses. May the LORD our God be with us as he was with our fathers; may he never leave us nor forsake us. May he turn our hearts to him, to walk in all his ways and to keep the commands, decrees and regulations he gave our fathers. And may these words of mine, which I have prayed before the LORD, be near to the LORD our God day and night, that he may uphold the cause of his servant and the cause of his people Israel according to each day's need, so that all the peoples of the earth may know that the LORD is God and that there is no other. But your hearts must be fully committed to the LORD our God, to live by his decrees and obey his commands, as at this time."

I'm pretty calm about what's going to happen. All that fuss I went through earlier is over and done with. No matter who wins, God's promises for my life are still going to be fulfilled. Politicians can make yet cannot keep their promises, however God does and always will.

I'm at peace and so happy that I am. I don't have to care about either candidate, God prevails over all of them. :yep:

I know for a fact that you and many others are glad too. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

What do you do when someone that everyone's helped still can't seem to get it together? Do you stay in prayer for them to get a word from God and get their life together? I believe in teaching a man to fish vs giving them fish, but what do you do when the person isn't doing their part?

What do you do when someone that everyone's helped still can't seem to get it together? Do you stay in prayer for them to get a word from God and get their life together? I believe in teaching a man to fish vs giving them fish, but what do you do when the person isn't doing their part?

‘Now Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath. And just then there appeared a woman with a spirit that had crippled her for eighteen years. She was bent over and was quite unable to stand up straight.

When Jesus saw her, he called her over and said “Woman, you are set free from your ailment”. When he laid his hands on her, immediately she stood up straight and began praising God.

But the leader of the synagogue, indignant because Jesus had cured on the Sabbath, kept saying to the crowd “There are six days on which work ought to be done; come on those days and be cured, and not on the Sabbath”.

But the Lord answered him and said “You hypocrites! Does not each of you on the Sabbath untie his ox or his donkey from the manger, and lead it away to give it water? And ought not this woman, a daughter of Abraham whom Satan bound for eighteen long years, be set free from this bondage on the Sabbath day?”

When he said this, all his opponents were put to shame; and the entire crowd was rejoicing at all the wonderful things that he was doing.
Luke 13:10-17

Jesus could have walked over to her, but He had her COME to Him, because she needed to do something to get what she wanted.

Pray for your friend, but allow God to get her to walk to Him. Sometimes, we can get in the way of what the Lord wants to do. It may be painful to see that person hurting, but in the end...God will get the Glory!

"I may not know where I go from here, I may not know what I’m going to have to fight, I may not know what I’m going to have to go through...but I do know one thing...I will not, I shall not, I must not...GO BACK!!"

I know this may be a bad thought but at times I'm left pondering why is the life needed? Like God already knows who will go to hell and heaven. Why bother with the mess of living. Go to jobs one hates,go home to people who only want but never adding to your life,trying to be good according to the scripture. There nothing one can do that will change the playing field in regards to heaven or hell. Maybe I'm missing something.

Some days I wish I could wake up with amnesia and not be able to remember all the things I have been through and have done and be re-taught all the goodness and greatness of God. Life would be so rad. However the light hearted person I want to be is may never be because I have to many war zone scars to be the blemish free beauty. However I'm slowly accepting those war zone scars aren't the worst thing out there and I can be beauitful with them.

There are no unlovable people in the world. Christ showed us that. What the problem is, folks have the sin of pride. Everybody is lovable, even the worst sinner. If the elect would stop judging others and look to their own sins, they would see that they are no more deserving of love than the worst sinner. People seem unlovable when others have puffed up egos that tell them so. G-d says, "No." Jesus has many deep gashes daily inflicted from us all.

Matthew 5:46-48

New International Version (NIV)

46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

By trusting in GOD my life has become much more simpler. I thank you lord for answering my prayers. I thank you and I love you; If you decide today to never grant any of my hearts desires again I will continue to worship and praise you.

In your son Jesus name, Amen!

I know someone who is *always* hurting people with their anger. I don't know how God can allow it, it's really awful and they're
supposed to be Christian. They do some serious emotional damage to people. Yeah I get all that carp about not judging people, but until you've constantly been verbally abused by someone who God gave a position of authority over you, how about not judging me. If God is on this person's side, I wish I could un-know God.

I do feel sorry for this person in some ways and know God is understanding of their pain, but at what point is His anger aroused? Why is it so much easier for Him to punish me and make me suffer?

I see how atheists become atheists. A lot of them IMO are Christians or former Christians who are just pissed at Him and heartbroken. Just listening to them speak it's always "if there's a God then why ____?".

I feel "stuck" with God, like I can't unsee what I've seen of Him, but if that weren't the case I'd be gone too. Long gone...

I'm going to have to push myself with my walk. I feel so angry all the time. Like I could snap and punch a hole in a wall. I feel so underserving of life and of people doing nice things for me. Someone from here did the nicest thing today and all I can feel is underserving. It's hard to allow others to love on me. Like I could mess it up or something. I never want to hurt people so I stay away. But I can't go on this way. I feel like with the thoughts I have been having that is very anti-christian I have to really be careful. I feel like if the opportunity presented its self I could try it. I don't like that I feel that way.

All I can do is take it day by day and pray. But at times I don't even want to do that. If it's meant for me to be in heaven it will.

Back