2009 Brides roll call/support thread

Jessica Rabbit

I see a lot of engaged ladies around here so I just wanted to do a roll call/support thread for us '09 brides. :drunk::yep::spinning::grin:

When is the big date?
Where (city, state) are you getting married?
What have you done so far?
Theme?
Colors?

Last edited:
Congrats! I'm not 2009 but I'm on the tail end of 08. November 15th!:blush: Congrats to all the upcoming blushing brides to be!:grin::grin:
I wanted a small wedding, but the more we plan, the more it seems we need! :perplexed I'm looking for a hall. Man, places are expensive!!
~*Janelle~*

Um yeah so I am getting married in '09 as well. Congratulations on your engagement Jessica Rabbit. When is your big day?

June 27, 2009
Miami Beach
Colors: Black and White (:/ maybe)
The wedding will be held at The Alexander Hotel which is literally steps away from the beach.
My cousin is a wedding planner up in DC. He will be flying down in October to start on the specifics....

I'm frustrated because I had my guest list set at 75. Our parents keep adding people, though...I don't know how to say no to them (especially to my dad who is footing the bill) :/

Congrats JR!!!! I didn't know you were engaged. I'm not btw but I love this thread it should be good.

Last edited:
Congrats JR!!!...sorry I can't add to your thread...I have already knocked my man over the head and made him marry me:lachen:

I'm checking in for early Autumn of 2009! Hopefully September 19, but IDK yet!

When is the big date?
Where (city, state) are you getting married? IDK, maybe Ohio maybe Hawaii, maybe the Mayan Riveria
What have you done so far? Not made any decisions, but done some looking
Theme? Depends on the place and season
Colors? Same answer for theme

Another not getting married gal, but I wanted to say CONGRATS to all the ladies who are! :grin: *shameless plug* And if you are in the Tampa Bay, FL area hit me up. Im in the event planning business now :look:

As of this very moment...I'm not engaged(or even close):look:

But, I wanted to say :congrats: Jessica Rabbit and to wish the rest of the brides to be all the best :grin:

I see a lot of engaged ladies around here so I just wanted to do a roll call/support thread for us '09 brides. :drunk::yep::spinning::grin:

When is the big date? May 16,2009
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Philadelphia,PA
What have you done so far? not too much.I started a website.brought some magazines and we wrote a wedding list. :grin:
Theme? Colors?
My answers are next to the questions

Last edited:
I'm not engaged but I just wanted to come in here and wish everyone a hearty congratulations!

I'm excited for you all! Enjoy your new lives everyone :-)

09 bride checking in!!!

When is the big date? July 18th 2009
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Long Island, NY
What have you done so far? Booked the venue, photographer, picked a dress. Right now I'm mostly concerned about my hair:grin::grin::grin:
Theme? Old fashioned love
Colors? Still deciding

Congrats to all the '09 brides. Not engaged yet but just wanted to offer a bit of advice as someone who works at a museum that also rents the space out for special events. Start looking at facilities FIRST. There are a/b 52 Saturdays (the prime day for a wedding/reception) in a year but possibly waaaaaay more brides vying for that same date at that same facility that you have your heart set on.

***Peeks in***

Hi JR!

Congrats! :) :wavey:

Hopefully, I will be able to answer your questions after tomorrow... :rolleyes:

Congratulations everyone!!! I have thousands of planning materials and wedding stuff, so PM me if interested :lachen:

When is the big date? June 6th, 2009
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Los Angeles, CA
What have you done so far? Reserved the church and started the reservations for the honeymoon. We're going to St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands.
Theme? "A Celebration of Black Love"
Colors? I keep changing my mind. At first I chose Tiffany blue and brown, but its too popular IMO. I may change it to pink and brown.

*disclaimer* I am soooo close to just running off to Vegas or the courthouse. Wedding planning is stressful. sigh. :wallbash:

Last edited:
Back