2013/2014 Brides Roll Call & Random Thoughts :-)

Yaaahh date twin! I wanted 10/10 because that would be the date we met, but the venue was booked. boooo, so I settled for the 11th.

Yea I wanted 10/17 cause our birthdays are on the 17th day of the month but the venue is much cheaper on a Sunday.

Are we going to keep this thread going with 2015 weddings?

WHY IS WEDDING PLANNING SO STRESSFUL? UGGHHH! If I didn't have so much money already invested in this thing and hadn't dreamed of my wedding day since I was a wee tot, FH and I would be headed to the courthouse!!

It is taking soo long to hear back on pricing from one of the resorts. Shesh... it will probably be ruled out anyway because its the most expensive options of my choices, but I still don't want to officially pick a resort until i get the pricing for this one.

Just popping in to say Im glad my wedding is now done and i have my weekends to myself again, although printing out the thank you cards was the final additional element of the wedding to do list. I enjoyed the day although we did run slightly behind time because of the photos taking 2 hours rather than 1 - we caught up with the timings in the end.

Honeymoon was very much needed to unwind from it all. Good luck to others with upcoming weddings.

Last edited:
Don't think it ends when the wedding is over ladies! I'm currently in the middle of post-wedding stuff and it's a pain in the butt too.

I can do all of it at my leisure so that makes it less stressful but it's still annoying. :lachen:

Today is my first day back to work after our September 20th wedding. We've received so many compliments on everything - the venue, my dress, the food, the reception, music and our vows! My husband got emotional during his personal vows and everyone (MEN included) got teary! It really was a great wedding and not just because I got to marry the man of my dreams! Everything was BEAUTIFUL - thanks for all of the months of advice, encouragement, and support!

I'm so blessed and honored to be this wonderful man's wife!

Last edited:
Today is my first day back to work after our September 20th wedding. We've received so many compliments on everything - the venue, my dress, the food, the reception, music and our vows! My husband got emotional during his personal vows and everyone (MEN included) got teary! It really was a great wedding and not just because I got to marry the man of my dreams! Everything was BEAUTIFUL - thanks for all of the months of advice, encouragement, and support!

I'm so blessed and honored to be his wonderful man's wife!

That is so wonderful CurliDiva :love: :love: !! Now you gotta change your siggy to say "I's married nah." :giggle: Well not those exact words but you're not engaged any longer. Is it weird saying your "husband" now? I just realized that I won't be saying fiance' too much longer! :blush:

We received our wedding gallery proofs this weekend (over 1,000 photos), and they all turned out great! Now I have to pick my favorites.

If anyone needs a photographer (professional, talented, and reasonably priced) in the DMV area (their studio is located in Virginia, our ceremony was held in Maryland), please pm me.

It's over!!!! We were married on Friday, October 3rd and it was fabulous. To see me vision come to life was amazing! I'm happy that it came and that it's gone. Back to regular life until the baby makes it debut in May.

Best of luck to you ladies. It'll be here before you know it!

Please get me straight on wedding etiquette. Is it improper to invite only the wife or only the husband of a married couple?

My FH wants to do this and has added different people to his family's list. :perplexed:

Please get me straight on wedding etiquette. Is it improper to invite only the wife or only the husband of a married couple?

My FH wants to do this and has added different people to his family's list. :perplexed:

Very improper. If it's a married couple, they both have to be invited. You can be more flexible with dating couples but married couples are a package deal.

Oh, and get ready for single people to tell you that they are bringing a plus one even though you only invited them. I had 4 people do that to me.:perplexed

Last edited:
I just ordered my save the dates today! I think my parents won't like the picture we chose for it since we're not looking at the camera. But I preferred to show us gazing at each other.

Thanks MizAvalon, Foxglove & bklynbornNbred!! Just wanted to ask a dumb question. This man doesn't realize he is inflating our list! :wallbash: Now, we have extra people!! :nono: :nono: :nono: He should have not invited either one if he only wanted one, that way we wouldn't be obligated to invite the other.

On a lighter note:
Our STDs are out!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Last edited:
Someone start a new thread for the 2015/2016 brides. I miss seeing all the posts and hearing what everyone is up to! :)

Back