2013/2014 Brides Roll Call & Random Thoughts :-)

Trying to pick a photographer is sooo hard!!!! I guess that's a good thing??? There are aspects that I love and don't love about all of them. I need to make a decision soon!

So, we are 10 days away. Is it normal to argue a lot during the last few weeks leading up to it? FH and I have been bickering about every little thing! It's like can we please just get married already so we don't have to ever talk about this damn wedding again! I am SOOOO over it!! :lachen:
Same happened to us! :lachen: Saying we were beyond and over it doesn't even begin to come close. We were so dead tired of all things wedding.

We're still honeymooning right now and we now laugh at our wedding struggles of the past months :lol: This too shall pass, you're so close!

This may be a silly question.........but are we supposed to feed the "paid" vendors that are working onsite during the wedding and reception such as the photographer, the DJ, the vocalist, and maybe the limo driver?

I'm not trying to be mean but how/when did they eat (and do their job....like take photos) without missing something?

Last edited:
This may be a silly question.........but are we supposed to feed the "paid" vendors that are working onsite during the wedding and reception such as the photographer, the DJ, the vocalist, and maybe the limo driver?

I'm not trying to be mean but how/when did they eat (and do their job....like take photos) without missing something?

I am feeding my vendors, it's the nice thing to do. They will be there all day, my poor videographer will be there for like 9 or 10 hours, and they need to eat too.

They eat the same time as us, when dinner is served. There are very few flattering pictures to be had while people are eating so I'm cool with them having a 20 minute break out of a 10 hour working day.:yep:

Last edited:
This was a busy week/weekend for celebrity weddings: Brad & Angelina, Gabby & Dewayne, Ashlee Simpson & Evan (Diana's son) Ross, Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg.

Which was your favorite?

My big day is in 30 days! So ready for it to come so I can enjoy it. I am TIRED, especially of the planning.

The last day to send in RSVP's is today. Lets see how many more I get. I planned on calling everyone who has not responded but I don't even have the energy. They may just be a NO with no questions asked.

My big day is in 30 days! So ready for it to come so I can enjoy it. I am TIRED, especially of the planning.

The last day to send in RSVP's is today. Lets see how many more I get. I planned on calling everyone who has not responded but I don't even have the energy. They may just be a NO with no questions asked.

Congrats Sweet Tea! You should call this weekend, some people just don't understand the concept of rsvp'ing or the difference money-wise a potential table of no-shows represent.

Good luck!

I talked FH out of the idea of an "After Party", after our wedding hotel screwed up the meeting room reservation and we would have to find a new venue.

The additional time and cost needed to plan, book, and decorate a new location for us is just not worth it! I want some quality alone time with my new husband, not have to play hostess on the same night.

Friday is our deadline for rsvp responses, did you ladies just go with whatever number responded yes or invited "some" last-minute people to fill the space if you were planning (and already budgeted) on a certain number?

I have invited quite a few last minute people to fill spaces there have been a few drop outs, which makes me think i could have invited certain people from the start rather than give them a week's notice. My FH started his invites late so we couldn't really have a hard deadline.

Yeh we're feeding the band, videographer, photographer and DJ but the piano player can take his butt home after the canapes.

I have invited quite a few last minute people to fill spaces there have been a few drop outs, which makes me think i could have invited certain people from the start rather than give them a week's notice. My FH started his invites late so we couldn't really have a hard deadline.

brittle_hair, how did you invite the last minute invitees without them knowing they were fill-ins? And of your main number, if you had to do it all over again, how many over would you invite?

Congrats Sweet Tea! You should call this weekend, some people just don't understand the concept of rsvp'ing or the difference money-wise a potential table of no-shows represent. Good luck!

Agreed. Lots of people truly don't understand proper etiquette. My uncle called the DAY BEFORE my wedding to let me know that he wasn't coming. Um, yeah I figured that when my RSVP date passed 3 weeks ago and I never got a response from you.

My cousin called 2 weeks after the RSVP date passed and casually said that he was bringing his girlfriend. Um, NO you are NOT. You RSVP'd for one and I have already given my count to the caterer and paid the money.

I have realized that a lot of people think a wedding is like a regular party except people got married at it. They think they can just show up, not show up, bring an extra person without telling you, etc. It used to really burn me up but then I realized that a lot of people were never taught proper etiquette and just don't know any better.

brittle_hair, how did you invite the last minute invitees without them knowing they were fill-ins? And of your main number, if you had to do it all over again, how many would you invite?

delitefulmane the trick is to invite people's partners who were not initially invited since they will most likely want to accompany their partner, or you can get a bit more relaxed about kids, there were others where i wasnt bothered that they knew they were fill ins and they weren't offended either..

if i had to do it all over i would still want 200 but could maybe get away with 180

my wedding is in about 12 hours - better get to bed...

Just 12 days left!

Had my bachelorette girls' night out on Saturday! We had a BLAST- happy hour, dinner, and then club for dancing & VIP table service! My MOH did an awesome job organizing!

Now my FH is jealous and wants to do something with his fellas! He orginally said he just want to dinner and movies. lol

Last edited:
So, it's all over ladies! DH and I got married last week!:grin:

The ceremony was beautiful and very romantic. The reception was a great party though we were being pulled in a million different directions because everyone wants to talk to you and take pictures. It's so true what everyone says about the day flying by and to enjoy it as much as you can. Before you know it, people are leaving to go home and the night is over.

Highlights:
The speeches-Our parents and MOH and Best Man really gave the most thoughtful, heartfelt speeches and there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

Wedding Video-I have it back already and it is EPIC. Everyone that has seen it loves it.

Food-It turned out really well and had the exact feel that I was looking for. I didn't want "wedding food", I was going for more of a classy, dinner party feel.

Lowlights:
The Weather-We got married outside and it was very hot. Thankfully the ceremony was short but we did a first look and then of course family pictures afterwards so we spent a lot of of time outside sweating!

DJ-He could have been a bit better. Messed up on our first dance song and played something else but that wasn't a big deal. Also, our communication leading up to the wedding was a bit erratic and all over the place but that could have been partially my fault since I didn't hire him until the last minute.

What I wish I had done differently:
Been more knowledgeable and realistic about how expensive it was all going to be.

Enlisted people to help me. I was very particular about what I wanted and I figured that since I was having a "smallish" wedding(about 90 people) I could handle everything myself. And for the most part, I did. But at times, it became very overwhelming keeping up with payments, emails, deadlines, etc. I would have hired an event planner right at the beginning to deal with all of that.

Overall, it was a beautiful day and worth every penny that we spent on it. I learned a LOT planning it and intend to use that info for planning future events. Parties, baby showers, etc. Hang in there future brides, there is light at the end of the tunnel!:yep:

Congrats MizAvalon!

Your wedding sounds beautiful! Glad all of your hard work and planning paid off and everything went smoothly. Did you and your HUSBAND (love the sound of that word) go on a honeymoon?

I'm the same way about trying to do everything myself! FH realized that I may need help after I started crying earlier this week (it totally freaked him out) and couldn't stop. Now, each evening he checks in and we talk about "OUR" to-do list.

Congrats @MizAvalon!

Your wedding sounds beautiful! Glad all of your hard work and planning paid off and everything went smoothly. Did you and your HUSBAND (love the sound of that word) go on a honeymoon?

I'm the same way about trying to do everything myself! FH realized that I may need help after I started crying earlier this week (it totally freaked him out) and couldn't stop. Now, each evening he checks in and we talk about "OUR" to-do list.

Thanks CurliDiva! We leave for our honeymoon this Sunday!:grin:

Feeling overwhelmed already and the planning has just begun! I'll feel so much better when we have the venue booked.

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

Venue is booked! Yaahh 10/11/2015. We are officially having a destination wedding. And we decided to do an off the resort location.

Next up is booking hair and make up and photographer. Why is photography soo expensive!!

Venue is booked! Yaahh 10/11/2015. We are officially having a destination wedding. And we decided to do an off the resort location. Next up is booking hair and make up and photographer. Why is photography soo expensive!!

We have the same date!!!

Congrats!! Where are you getting married, if you don't mind sharing?
I'm planning a destination wedding in Barbados. I've found the photography, even the highly recommended veteran photographer, is cheaper than I would have paid for a good photographer locally.

SamandI

Sure, I don't mind. We are getting married at Huracan Cafe. Here is a pinterest board of the location.

The coordinators are awesome! I just send them pics of what I want, and they make it happen.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hur...PDaqh8QHut4DoBg&ved=0CDUQsAQ&biw=1287&bih=728

http://www.pinterest.com/barefootbridalx/huracan-cafe-mayte-and-nati-punta-cana/

I have a friend who is planning to get married in Barbados next year. Do you have a date picked yet?

I have never really priced photography here, my top two choices are 2800 and 3200 in price. This includes the wedding plus the next day rock the dress/trash the dress photo sessions.

I have found cheaper but I just was not in love with the photography style.

Back