2009 Brides roll call/support thread

Looks like 09 is gonna be busy year for LHCF...

Congrats to all the future brides. May God continue to bless your unions and bestow many blessings on you and your future husbands as you two walk together through this journey we call life. God bless

When is the big date? October 10, 2009
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Chicago, IL
What have you done so far? Set a date, selected bridesmaids, chosen theme and tentative colors
Theme? An Autumn Affair
Colors? Copper, Gold, and Orange (I think)

When is the big date? August 15, 2009
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Montego Bay Jamaica
What have you done so far? Picked the venue (Riu Montego Bay)Theme? Since we will be in Jamaica.....................
Colors? Not sure. Pink & Orange? Pink & Green?

When is the big date? Sometime in June 2009 (definite date when the church is available)
Where (city, state) are you getting married?
Traditional wedding in Enugu Nigeria, White wedding in South East London
What have you done so far?
Um...hoarding money and waiting for the January sales:look:
Theme?
coloured
Colors?
Burgundy and Gold.( Still trying to twist HIS arm on this...he doesn't like burgundy or gold)

When is the big date? October 10, 2009
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Chicago, IL
What have you done so far? Set a date, selected bridesmaids, chosen theme and tentative colors
Theme? An Autumn Affair
Colors? Copper, Gold, and Orange (I think)

omg, everything about your wedding is everything i've envisioned for my own, hometown, colors, date, everything!!!!

i already know your wedding is gonna be fab!!!!

mid Feb 2009 is my big date. We are both in Iraq so dont have an exact date, but the wedding and honeymoon will be in ST. Lucia for seven days, just the two of us

When is the big date? May 25th 2009
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Dallas, Texas
What have you done so far? Booked Venue, Bought Dress
Theme? Garden/Summer
Colors? Coral Pink, Mocha, and Ivory or Tiffany Blue, Chocholate, and Ivory.. Not really sure.. but I like those combinations.. I also like the simplicity of just Champaign and Ivory

I also need a stylist, make-up artist, florist, wedding cake designer, brides maid dress boutique, DJ, and photographer.. if anyone has suggestions LOL..

Congrats Everyone, Thank You!

When is the big date? June 20th, 2009
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Long Island, NY

What have you done so far?
Not much... Still looking for a venue.. I have a photographer and already chosen the design for my invitations.. Looking for a nice place that has a garden, we could do the ceremony outside and move inside for the reception. Oh, I ordered my dress 2 sizes small, so now i have to work on fitting into it! LOL :grin:!
Theme? Love Always!! :-)

Colors Ivory and Red

When is the big date? December 19, 2008
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Barbados, WI
What have you done so far? We got the dress and rings and hired a planner who did everything else
Theme? Beach
Colors? Orange, Blue and White

What have you done so far? We got the dress and rings and hired a planner who did everything else
Theme? Beach

Your wedding day is just around the corner!!

When is the big date? August 21st
Where (city, state) are you getting married? Edison, NJ
What have you done so far? Nothing...oh no I have my bridal party, wedding website, hall booked and songs picked out.
Theme? None yet
Colors? Green (haven't picked second color)

Theme? Beach

Haha ur getting married TODAY! Hope it all went well good luck

To answer the questions I will be getting married in FEB 2009....I wanted it to be June but DH to be insisted it be sooner.....It will be in Jamaica I have a venue paid half I am ordering my dress in the next xouple days I have a hotel to stay in I will be sending him to pay lol. No theme as such I wanted yellow and blue but its not working out so far :-(

Theme? Beach

Just wanted to come in and say congrats on your wedding weekend!! :congrats:

Hi Ladies! We didn't get married on the 19th. The rain completely washed it out. I didn't want to give up on my beach wedding so we postponed until the 21st and it was lovely. I will share more when I get back next week. Happy planning to everyone still working on things:) Happy Holidays!

Congratulations..How wonderful,Tallen :)
much much happiness~
:Rose:

Last edited:
Is it really possible to plan a nice wedding in less than 9 months? (I'd like to when the time comes :look: )

Is the planning stressful for anyone besides myself?

Hello MrsWatson!

The planning is definitely very stressful. I am planning on getting married on August 7th or 8th, and my fiance and I are paying for the entire thing ourselves. I'm not letting the stress get to me, but sometimes it is difficult.

I am in MA and he is in TN right now. My matron of honor is in GA and my maid of honor is in NY. Oh, and to add to that, the wedding is going to be in FL...:blush: Just to make matters a bit more stressful... We don't have the rings yet. It can all seem stressful, but I try to not get overwhelmed by it all. Weddings are only a day, but the marriage is (supposed to be) eternal. We don't have a lot right now, but we want a nice small wedding too.

We started with only - maybe - 75 guests, but will definitely have to cut that number down. We definitely don't want to go into debt because of this wedding, but we do want something nice and special. We're going to just get bands right now, so no diamonds... :sad:... until our 1 or 2 year anniversary... :grin:

I understand that your dad is footing the bill, but remember these things:

-he's just proud of your next chapter in life, and wants the world to know that his little girl is getting married!
-he loves you and respects your decision to get married so that means he respects you as an adult
-you should remember that since he does respect you, you should be able to talk to him as such (theoretically that is). he still sees you as his little 8 year-old princess... Trust me! :lachen:

I hope you don't let the stress of finding a dress, invites, chair covers, and whatnots eclipse the true meaning of the day for you and your fiance...

It'll all work out.

me~:rolleyes:

Is it really possible to plan a nice wedding in less than 9 months? (I'd like to when the time comes :look: )

YES!

I planned a wedding for my friend last summer in 6 months (engaged Dec 25, 2007 - Married June 21, 2008) Was it stressful, for the bride yes, but that was only because she had no clue what she wanted. Once the ideas started rolling, it was a piece of cake.

It is possible. My own wedding will be planned in 6 months or less.

Start saving $ and figuring out what you want EARLY. This is key. You have time to search for the best quality/best bang for your buck vendors. If you know the engagement is coming, starts researching. :yep:

Thanks for your response, prov31woman :)

I only just stated dating someone (I can be hopeful right :rolleyes:) ) but I've always loathed long engagements. Knowing couples who have done it makes me feel a little better!
YES!

I planned a wedding for my friend last summer in 6 months (engaged Dec 25, 2007 - Married June 21, 2008) Was it stressful, for the bride yes, but that was only because she had no clue what she wanted. Once the ideas started rolling, it was a piece of cake.

It is possible. My own wedding will be planned in 6 months or less.

Start saving $ and figuring out what you want EARLY. This is key. You have time to search for the best quality/best bang for your buck vendors. If you know the engagement is coming, starts researching. :yep:

Checking in! :grin:

When is the big date? Exact date TBD

Where (city, state) are you getting married? TBD, but probably GA or AL

What have you done so far? Nothing!!!! :nono:

Theme? TBD

Colors? TBD

I need to get cracking on this. Me and my fiance are going by the JP on Feb. 17, 2009, because we have some financial stuff we'd like to get done quickly, but are going to do the ceremony later. We are going to have a date set by February. Actually, my folks and my fiance would rather we just go the JP route, but I want at least a small ceremony. I'm looking to keep the guest list very small--under 25, and the total cost under $5K.

I'm hoping since mine will be small, it won't be as stressful to plan all this out.

Back