2013/2014 Brides Roll Call & Random Thoughts :-)

Mailed off all of my invitations this morning. We will see who has the courtesy to reply. I want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but after reading so many horror stories about how rude people are these days I just don't trust that everyone will RSVP.

All I know is that if I don't hear from you, there will not be a seat for you at my wedding.

Last edited:
ITA! :/ Create your seating chart and let them stand there wondering why they can't find their table..........

I think you may have to call folks. Divide it up amongst family and friends and make some calls. I wouldn't want my guests to show up and not have seats because they didn't RSVP. It's rude not to RSVP for sure, but I'm only inviting those I love and care to share the day with so I wouldn't feel right eliminating them because they didn't RSVP. Plus Nigerians don't believe in RSVP. Lol!

Mailed off all of my invitations this morning. We will see who has the courtesy to reply. I want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but after reading so many horror stories about how rude people are these days I just don't trust that everyone will RSVP.

All I know is that if I don't hear from you, there will not be a seat for you at my wedding.

The RSVP's are coming back in a nice, orderly fashion so far.:lachen:

I still think I won't hear from a lot of people though.

Sent in the forms to get a quote for our DW in DR. I am so nervous with what they will come back with. I want everything I have been seeing online! I didn't request a lot of flowers though because I would hate for them to go to waste at the end of the night. I am going to be on pins and needles to I hear back!

Wheeee I'm finally done with my wedding events! :lol: SO so happy it's all over! Everything went very super smooth, my vendors all went beyond and over. I'm so happy!

Attachments

• 10593038_10202174992079029_1844412313927644728_n.jpg
    10593038_10202174992079029_1844412313927644728_n.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 10526046_10204477672524128_6740582225422822645_n.jpg
    10526046_10204477672524128_6740582225422822645_n.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 10547567_10152634430029810_6974941309639735852_n.jpg
    10547567_10152634430029810_6974941309639735852_n.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 10574318_10152593523676322_4964628001002948405_n.jpg
    10574318_10152593523676322_4964628001002948405_n.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG-20140728-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20140728-WA0012.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 111
WATER OFF A DUCK'S BACK......I'm pledging to stay clam and ignore any comments about what I "need/should" do at MY wedding from random folks!

I just got an email saying that I "should" serve pies because so&so doesn't like cake! Here's a grand idea, so&so should just NOT eat the wedding cake! :/

WATER OFF A DUCK'S BACK......I'm pledging to stay clam and ignore any comments about what I "need/should" do at MY wedding from random folks!

I just got an email saying that I "should" serve pies because so&so doesn't like cake! Here's a grand idea, so&so should just NOT eat the wedding cake! :/

Folks love to tell you what you should do at your own wedding, don't they?:lachen:

What were some the biggest issues/problems you had with planning your wedding? Any tool/resource you wish existed to help but doesnt? A friend just got engaged and wondering what she should expect to have trouble doesn'tpend a lot of time doing.

What were some the biggest issues/problems you had with planning your wedding? Any tool/resource you wish existed to help but doesnt? A friend just got engaged and wondering what she should expect to have trouble doesn'tpend a lot of time doing.

I haven't really had too many issues planning my wedding other than underestimating how expensive it would all be. I didn't decide on a budget and stick to it and I kind of regret that now

One thing I would suggest to anyone about to begin planning a wedding is to decide and focus on things that are important to you and the groom. Not your parents, your guests, or anyone else. It's very easy to get overwhelmed with things like Pinterest and The Knot. They can be helpful resources but if you don't have a clear focus on what you want, they will have your head all over the place thinking that you need everything under the sun to have a nice wedding. Pick what is important to YOU and stick with that.

Also, don't sweat the small details. In the end, no one cares or even remembers anyway. I can't remember what the favors were or what the first dance song was or even what the food was at like 95% of the weddings I have been to. Don't drive yourself crazy over those details because honestly no one is going care or remember anyway.

Had my bridal shower today! My FMIL planned the entire thing and it was so classy, I was super impressed. Less than 4 weeks to go! :grin:

Oh, and I am ordering my bridal accesories from Etsy. These bridal salons have lost their minds with these inflated prices.

If you're in/near NYC you can go to many of the places here. Mood has student hours from 9-10 or so where you can bring a list of swatches you'd like. I'd assume other places do the same.

If you're in/near NYC you can go to many of the places here. Mood has student hours from 9-10 or so where you can bring a list of swatches you'd like. I'd assume other places do the same.

mnemosyne, thanks. I ended up just ordering my colors from an online tie store. :giggle: Worked out perfectly. Plus, my girl at the boutique where I bought my dress from gave me some.

Not doing STDs. They're a relatively new concept anyway, along with engagement pictures. I refuse to feed into the wedding industry propaganda.

But we are setting up a wedding website to provide information for our guests. We're doing a destination wedding and our guest list is only about 40 people, mostly family and close friends who we see and talk to frequently anyway.

A cheaper alternative could be postcards on a site like wedding paper divas.

I hand made my STD's which had minimal info and then linked to our wedding website, where guests were able to RSVP online. Only sent real invitations to parent's friends.

Not doing STDs. They're a relatively new concept anyway, along with engagement pictures. I refuse to feed into the wedding industry propaganda.

But we are setting up a wedding website to provide information for our guests. We're doing a destination wedding and our guest list is only about 40 people, mostly family and close friends who we see and talk to frequently anyway.

A cheaper alternative could be postcards on a site like wedding paper divas.

Thanks @brittle_hair :dance7: CONGRATS!! Let the count down commence.

@SamandI, I was thinking of doing postcards. My FH family are out of state.

Are you ladies also using the online option for RSVPs or are you going the old-fashioned route!

I ordered my STD postcards from Walmart Stationery online - the quality was EXCELLENT! We also set up a wedding website on the knot! Since we have lots of out of town guests (and we're not on Facebook), the website is the easiest way for everyone to get the same information re: hotel rooms, things to do in the area, share photos, etc....

I still have lots to do, but I excel under pressure! lol We have 25 days until the BIG DAY!

Thanks @brittle_hair :dance7: CONGRATS!! Let the count down commence. @SamandI, I was thinking of doing postcards. My FH family are out of state. Are you ladies also using the online option for RSVPs or are you going the old-fashioned route!

We just did our RSVP's the old fashioned snail mail route. I wasn't even going to attempt to try to get people to do it online. It's hard enough just to get them to do it the regular way.

So, we are 10 days away. Is it normal to argue a lot during the last few weeks leading up to it? FH and I have been bickering about every little thing! It's like can we please just get married already so we don't have to ever talk about this damn wedding again! I am SOOOO over it!! :lachen:

We just did our RSVP's the old fashioned snail mail route. I wasn't even going to attempt to try to get people to do it online. It's hard enough just to get them to do it the regular way.

Thanks @brittle_hair :dance7: CONGRATS!! Let the count down commence.

@SamandI, I was thinking of doing postcards. My FH family are out of state.

Are you ladies also using the online option for RSVPs or are you going the old-fashioned route!

Thanks - People have RSVPd by phone as well but we mostly prompted people to go on line and RSVP. i have found having the wedding website has been useful for when people ask about timings and location details etc... we have a nice catchy url made up of our names so it's been easy to direct people to that.

Back