You know you have a KING when....

Everytime I have to travel he picks me up at the airport with an armful of flowers, and a card and/or my favorite blend of coffee. EVERYTIME....lol.

I give him the biggest PDA (Muuaahhh!!!) right there in front of God and everybody and then follow him as he loads the luggage and opens the door for me. I feel so loved and he never ever waivers.

told him my left side of my stomach hurts so bad because my doctor told me my left side is not circulating and etc.. and he goes and gives me a stomach massage where the pain was to ease it away. I thought it was sweet happened recently but it did help the pain a bit. there's more he does that makes him a king and it was a big deal to me so shetup lol

When he writes songs about you...

When he goes out and buys you a car because yours won't start...

When he moves in and takes over paying your bills...

When he comes across town in the pouring rain to change your flat tire...

Love this thread! Some of these apply to DH and my Daddy. :yep:

Last edited:
when he puts you before everyone...including his mother
when he tells you how wonderful and beautiful you are EVERYDAY
when he cooks you dinner when you're being lazy lol

When he comes from his office on the other side of the base and drops you off at the front door of your office because it's raining really hard and it's a long walk from your car to your office door.

...he will do anything for you, no matter how crazy it is. He may briefly hesitate or look at you funny, but he does it because he loves you and is a great man. :love:

When he hip checks you away from the changing table and says "I'll do this, you go take a nap. Want chinese later?"

Laaaaaaawd.....

When you come home to a box from ups....that little something you casually mentioned you wanted is in it. Very thoughtful and unexpected.

When you both are on the couch laying next to each, TV is on but nobody is watching. You are in this position for hours, making small talk but most of the time is in silence. When he gets up to leave hours later, he says, I had a great time and you look in his eyes and you know he means it.

He has never missed a pet appointment for my maltipoo's shots because he knows I will darn near faint if the puppy cries.

He has never missed a puppy training class just because he shows an interest in anything I have an interest in

He loves me despite my mood swings and bipolar ways

He goes to the store at 12am to buy me candy.

When it's cold he never minds taking out the puppy to the bathroom so I can have 3 more minutes of sleep

He organized my growing nail polish collection so I can stop losing all of them.

He keeps my car washed just because he knows it makes me feel sexy

He lets me dress him

I have about never paid for a meal unless I had to sneak and do it to show my appreciation

He went to a four hour home buying meeting jus because I couldn't go but wanted to know the info

Reading and writing on this thread, renews/strengthens my belief that there are truly good men out there. This is a wonderful way to end a holiday weekend of thankfulness.

Thank you ladies.

He gets up at 5am for work but he goes out of his way to get ready on a different floor of the house to not disturb me. I get up later.
He kisses and hugs me goodbye and tells me he loves me every morning before leaving the house for work.
He will do the laundry and load/unload dishwasher when I am tired without being asked because he knows I work very long hours.
He cooks dinner during the week and makes an effort to find new and interesting recipes online so I don't get "food bored" and because he knows I'm trying to stay low-carb.
He will take my car to Jiffy Lube/Mechanic/Dealership to make sure that my vehicle is safe.
By accident, earlier last year, I found out that he makes notes in his phone about things I've said I wanted all year long so that he gives me things I really want for my birthday and Christmas.
He loves and respects his parents and mine.
Last winter when I needed a new coat he coordinated with my family at Christmas so that I got three different kinds of coats between him and my family.
He works as hard if not harder than me to keep our relationship strong.
He loves my daughter as if she was his, and does not hesitate to make sacrifices to ensure she has the same if not better opportunities than we did.
He believes in me when I doubt myself.
He rubs my back when it hurts.
If my mom ever needs a ride or is stuck somewhere, he goes to my moms rescue as if she were his mother.

D@mn, I'm about to go show my hubby some serious love right now!

Last edited:
when you randomly mention that you are thinking about crab legs for lunch, and he shows up with two bundles of crab legs steamed and seasoned for you.

when he tells you that you have the most beautiful eyes he's ever seen and he comes to your office at the same time everyday because he says he knows when the sun shines brightest in your office and makes your eyes shine and sparkel the most.

when he texts you good night to say good night moonlight...and then 4 hours later texts you to say good morning sunshine.

When he continues to do what he did before we got married, which is everything. He still sends me flowers, opens car door, tells me he loves me and is so happy I'm his wife, 2-3 x per day. He still makes coffee for me every morning even though he doesn't drink it. Keeps my SUV washed and filled up. Worked from home for 3 weeks when I had knee replacement. Takes off work to go with me to Dr. appointments. When he was out of town for a month, we skyped every night. A couple of nights we slept with the skype on, so I could hear him snoring and I could sleep better :lachen:. We pray together every night, even when he's out of town. I could go on and on, but I think ya'll get the idea, that I am a Queen and he is my King :blowkiss:. We've been married almost 14 years, we still hold hands when we got out, when driving, cuddle when we watch TV. He's so awesome! And we have to have some body parts touching when we sleep.

When, everysingleday since you've met, he asks what you need and gets it/takes care of it.

When he calls you every morning without fail to say "good morning beautiful."

When he calls when he says he's going to call.
When he does what he says he's going to do.
When he senses you pulling away (out of fear) and insists on talking it through. Then holds you afterwards to reassure you that he's not going anywhere. Ever.
When he knows you want to lose weight, so he goes grocery shopping for you and fills the fridge (and pantry) with all the healthiest foods for you.
When he drives all the way across town just to rub your feet after you've had a long day at work.
When he speaks of your future together often.

Last edited:
When he realizes and takes it upon himself to improve himself to be a better king for you. I never asked and love him exactly who he is. But he decided it wasn't enough, not for himself and certainly not for me.

When he plays with the kids in their rooms with the door closed so that you can watch your favorite show in peace.

When he has plans but decides he'd rather stay home with his family.

When he has a stomach virus and goes all the way upstairs every time so that the bathroom you use isnt tainted.

When you take him to the doctor and he's in pain and hunched over and you don't even notice when he did it, but he apologizes for forgetting his manners and getting off the elevator before you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using LHCF

When you're walking around with his credit card and check books.

When you eating Ruth's Chris on a Tuesday night.

When he pays your mama light bill.

When he proposes with a house because its more important to put a roof over your head than a ring on your hand

Last edited:
Back