You know you have a KING when....

When he still wants to date you despite being married for years....

When he continues to try to win your heart even though he knows its his forever...

When he helps you see God and bright outcomes in the most dismal situations...

Yep, I have my king and although I've always loved him, I never fully realized and appreciated all he does until we went through some things and made it out 10x stronger! God puts who you need in your life when you ask ☺

Whimsy said:
you fall asleep fully clothed on the couch, but wake up in bed, in your fave fuzzy socks and T shirt, with pillows propped around your pregnant body just how u like em, and water and heartburn meds on your nightstand waiting for you.

This right here!!!! So freaking sweet!

When he doesn't fuss at you when you let your car run out of gas and he has to push it to a safe place and find a way to fill up your tank. And all of this has made him late but he does it with a smile.

When he pays for your extensions plus hair and your $300 hair appointment with Reniece.

When he treats your daughter like a princess.

When he's patient with you when you're PMSing and start acting like a ****.

When he tries to live by all of your relationship "rules". :look:

When he renews your faith in love and in good men.
I'm blessed because I have an amazingly, wonderful man. I love me some him.

Last edited:
When he stands in the bathroom and holds your had for half hour while you try to use the bathroom.

*Was still on pain meds when I wrote this, now realize this makes no sense. I had a procedure Friday, my entire abdomen was on fire and I literally couldn't pass urine. DH put me on the pot, held my hand while I cried, patiently waited and helped me back out. I feel so overwhelmed. You know a person may say they love you but sometimes it takes hardship to really see how much.

Last edited:
When he is texting you at work asking you how your day is going...you say ok...then he says let me make it better...I'm outside ready to take you to lunch!

When he takes off work to take care of you when you're sick (even though he has no more sick days)

Last edited:
He drove to 5 different stores to find the type of trail mix that I like. I haven't seen it since the summer. He brought home 4 different types but none of them were right. I really appreciated it though. Later I found out they discontinued the one I wanted (which he kept asking me all along but I insisted it exists :look:)

Last edited:
When he shows up at court (he's a detective) because he knows your mom has a ticket and het gets her out of it without telling your or her about it. He did it just because.

True Story

Last edited:
When he calls you at 7am to pray with you and he gets the worship music all lined up on his computer. He leads prayer and isn't embarrassed/shy at all.

When he comes to your place for the first time, takes note of what needs to be fixed, heads over to Home Depot, buys the stuff and fixes everything.

When he flies cross country to ask you to be his woman because saying it over the telephone isn't good enough.

All true stories.

When he knows that you had your heart broken not too long ago and you hurt over it, yet he still loves you while you still have residue from another man. You tell him you have baggage. He says "If we were in an airport I'd help you carry your bags, right?" I said yes. He says, "Well, this is no different. I'll help you carry your bags through this if you let me."

True Story

Last edited:
When he knows that you had your heart broken not too long ago and you hurt over it, yet he still loves you while you still have residue from another man. You tell him you have luggage. He says "If we were in an airport I'd help you carry your bags, right?" I said yes. He says, "Well, this is no different. I'll help you carry your bags through this if you let me."

True Story

yodie
Your post had me teared up. Like wow.

hopeful, I cried and cried when he said that to me. I think God gave him a heart to love me the way that God designed it to be and the way I need to be loved. My king has been consistent since day one. Because of that I'm moving cross country to take our relationship to the next level. I thank God for him.

On your third date he breaks out and tells you his home is in foreclosure and wants to know if you can help him! Yep........this very thing happened to me. I tell ya, the men in Atlanta!!!!!!

My bad, I'm sorry, I thought it said KANG.............LOL!!! Sorry.........please continue with the great stories. Unfortunately, I don't have one of those.

Last edited:
On your third date he breaks out and tells you his home is in foreclosure and wants to know if you can help him! Yep........this very thing happened to me. I tell ya, the men in Atlanta!!!!!!

My bad, I'm sorry, I thought it said KANG.............LOL!!! Sorry.........please continue with the great stories. Unfortunately, I don't have one of those.

After yodie I needed to see this to stop feeling envious and teary-eyed so I'm gonna thank you LOL

stephluv, your king is coming. :grin:

I tried to push my king away. I was broken over another man. He constantly kept telling me that he wasn't going anywhere. No matter what I said, he wasn't going anywhere.

My mom tried to introduce us for two yrs. Told her I wasn't interested and left it at that. Then her friends, a married couple, tried to introduce me to the same guy. They told mom about him, not knowing that she already tried to introduce me. I still wasn't interested. Later on, mom is walking into church with another friend. The friend stops and out of the blue says that she needs to introduce me to this guy. Reluctantly I gave in two years later and he's been the best thing that has happened to me.

Wait...Umm...Nevermind.
My exact sentiments

I REALLY want to know what you were going to say. I'm over here:lachen: at the possibilities.
Still wondering what's kingly about a tray full of crab legs and skrimps (shrimp)

When I'm stressed out and he tells me everything is going to be ok, or "you can do it" or "I believe in you" and he means it...and I believe him...
yup my bf is a sucker for this, always positive even when his own world is crashing down and it worries me.

..you do not have to beg him to pay the bills!!!! A king will work hard to take care all your needs and most of your wants!!
Amen and AMEN!!!

he takes on 1 or more household duties and does them well ! :look: :lol:
Just today he cleaned the whole house...he actually started from yesterday and i'm sooooooooooo proud of his, he is really very helpful.

Tells you daily how beautiful you are with a stiffy attached :look: tmi?

When you aren't happy, he does everything in his power to change that.
I can attest to this!!

When he is willing and ready to disown his very own family for even looking at you sideways....and dares someone to question his disowning.

And no matter how mad he is at you, you are still is number 1 priority.

When he not only says, "all I want to do is protect you", but SHOWS you in every way that he is your protector, and lubs doing it.

When you can tell a woman has NEVER had a KING in her life because everything about you, you're "spoiled" in her eyes. You, however, do not care what she think or says because you pity her and all she is missing.
Another one i can attest to

This thread makes me say hell no to settling. You ladies deserve it.

Now go give ur SO'S brothers my number. :drunk: 215-432-**** :lol:
LMFAO :lachen::lachen::lachen:

When he proposes with a house because its more important to put a roof over your head than a ring on your hand
I so love this!

Yep, I have my king and although I've always loved him, I never fully realized and appreciated all he does until we went through some things and made it out 10x stronger! God puts who you need in your life when you ask ☺
I am so guilty of this but i'm learning to be more greatly for the fine man in my life!

My two cents worth:

• When he's physically ill and tired, he knows you have overdue assignments and he stays up all through the night to have it done. Having presented the finished piece....it was truly a work of art. (it looked so professional) and even then he was so engaged with it as if it is his own, making several adjustments to whatever i wanted just to make me happy.

• When he knows your back is against the wall with school and through his sickness and tiredness stays up and does entirely two 15 page research papers for you and the final grade was an (A).

• When he fights for the relationship 100X more than i do

• When he stands up for me-not even his mother can budge him with ish about me or us.

• When he calls me his DIAMOND (my pet name)

• When he tries wholeheartedly to become a better person and compromises so much for the relationship

• When he is firm and has christ-like consciousness

• When coloring sessions feels like moments of astral projections (we have a very high chemistry)

• When he is brutally honest about my follies and flaws and wants to help me in ascending to a higher plane

• When he breaks down (crying) because he is fighting so hard for you and he is afraid he may lose you.

Last edited:
yodie, I quoted you and placed the quote on my FB status update just to let you know. I don't know your man but I will never forget his words. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing. Your king is inspiring. As are you! :)

Dang, reading this thread put it into perspective...I've let some KINGS get away...but they just weren't the ones. Anyone ever heard that song "The One" by Teedra Moses? Story of my life.

Anyway. My contribution: You know when you tell him something so shameful about your past that would make even YOU run away from yourself, and he tells you he loves you for all of you, and nothing could change that.

Honorable mention: He comes over to walk your dog every night so you don't have to walk around the neighborhood in the dark.

Dang, reading this thread put it into perspective...I've let some KINGS get away...but they just weren't the ones. Anyone ever heard that song "The One" by Teedra Moses? Story of my life.

Anyway. My contribution: You know when you tell him something so shameful about your past that would make even YOU run away from yourself, and he tells you he loves you for all of you, and nothing could change that.

Honorable mention: He comes over to walk your dog every night so you don't have to walk around the neighborhood in the dark.

How sweet is that ...awwwww :yep:

-He really respects your opinions and views
-He sends you flowers just because
-He reads God's word with you and encourages you when you're down/unsure
-He listens to you and remembers the little things

Back