You know you have a KING when....

When everything directly and indirectly to do with you automatically becomes priority.

I remember when we were in early days and he got emo:look: and said as time went on and we got closer I would become "his world". At the time I just game him *blank stare* because it sounded too strong at that stage in the game. :lol:

I really appreciate his style of loving/looking after me. I should say thank you more often:grin:

We went out to dinner to an dh paid for a group of college kids' dinner there was one black guy with them. He said he wanted that black kid to know he could be successful. He wanted the kid to look at our table and see a successful black man and his beautiful black wife enjoying dinner and know that this could be him one day. This was a the most expensive restaurant in our city and the black kid was there with a group of seven other white people dh paid forthem all. He said he wanted him to know he didnt have to be surrounded by white people. I'm winning girls :)

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Last edited:
When you have those moments where you don't believe in yourself and he looks you straight in the eye and tells you how wonderful you are and you can do anything.

When you find yourself worn thin because you're helping out a financially strapped love one and he gives you a debit card and says "here. Here's the PIN" and you don't feel like he's making you feel like you have to be indebted to him because when you text him thank you he says "you don't have to thank me. I love you." But he still says "baby, thank you for coming over tonight" when you have a housedate. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

When he has to do training for work later in the year and he has a choice between two cities and he asks which one you think the two of you should go to. And when you look confused he thinks it because you have an attitude that he's trying to make this a vacation and says "no, we can still go somewhere else later for a real vacation," but really, you just always tend to have a slight look of confusion :look:

When somebody tries to throw shade at him when the two of you are alone and you catch an attitude with them, even though you would have previously thought a woman that did that was a duck because you generally have an "I don't love them heaux" attitude :look:

Last edited:
When you've only been dating for a week and he takes you grocery shopping, patiently pushes the cart around while you shop, suggests that you get in the car while he puts the groceries in the trunk and then brings all the bags in the house when you get home.

I hope he keeps this up. Such a gentleman.

We went out to dinner to an dh paid for a group of college kids' dinner there was one black guy with them. He said he wanted that black kid to know he could be successful. He wanted the kid to look at our table and see a successful black man and his beautiful black wife enjoying dinner and know that this could be him one day. This was a the most expensive restaurant in our city and the black kid was there with a group of seven other white people dh paid forthem all. He said he wanted him to know he didnt have to be surrounded by white people. I'm winning girls :)

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I love this:grin:

He calls and texts at random times during the day to ask if you are ok

When he has never left the country but instead of a phone call decides to make the 27hr flight to another continent with you so he can meet your family ask for your hand in marriage.

He insists on giving you money for bills and gas every month even though you are gainfully employed and can pay your own bills because he thinks that part of what taking care of his lady entails.

When he tells you he has never loved anyone as much as he loves you.

When he insists you abstain because it is the honorable thing to do until you are married.

When he can't cook but keeps trying to any way because he wants to do something special for you.

When he brags about you to his friends and coworkers.

When he helps take my weaves out.

When I accidentally stabbed myself with a small penknife, he forced me to go to the ER (he'd worked a 12 hour shift in the same ER), and sat with me the whole time. He was worried I'd get lockjaw.

When he gives me long backrubs, even though he's been working all day.

He offers to help my family out (they come up short on funds occasionally) by working overtime (to which I responded heck no on that:look:)

When he surprises you with a picnic in the park, that includes a live jazz performance under the canopy of the stars and moonlights. He tells you to look up at the sky as he is saying he loves you until infinity and beyond! I Love My Hubby!

While dating hubby I had no heat in my car, so My King surprised me with a nice suede coat with a fluffy interior some gloves, scarves and hat, wrapped up in a gift box, there really was no occasion other that the fact he loves me!

Still while dating he secretly drove several hours to met me at the Military Entrance Processing Station, which was my last stop before I joined the Air Force, We were housed at a hotel before we were shipped to bootcamp, he met up with me surprising me with a bouquet and cried when I boarded the bus to be whisked away into Military Life!

My son's father appealed a custody hearing which granted me custody and he got visitations, so I had to write a rebuttal, I could not afford a lawyer, so I did it on my own. He helped me type up my rebuttal, and rode his bicycle about 8 miles (since I had his car to go to work), and dropped my rebuttal off before the deadline! What a Sweet Guy!

My King used to apply my relaxer for me when I was relaxed! He would base my scalp and ears really good, gently apply the relaxer and smooth it out for me, to include washing, deep conditions and scalp massages.

My King told me I was beautiful when I cut my hair almost bald, to start my natural hair journey. He encouraged me not to wear weaves, or wigs during my initial shock face, repeatedly telling me I was beautiful.

Last edited:
He secretly orders your entire watch and wishlist on ebay and doesnt say anything until packages start showing up.

Stays up with the baby because your having a rough night even though he has to get up at 4:30 am for work.

Voluntarily changes an explosive diaper without having to be bribed. lol

When he prepares my juices for me for the night ad tomorrow because he knows I have had a challenging day. He cleaned it properly too y'all! ❤ You go boy!!!

When you don't even know when your car needs service because he is always on it...gas, new tires, oil change etc.

A few weeks ago I had to work a double shift on a Saturday and only had a two hour long break in between. I told my baby about my schedule the night before and he immediately said that he'd pack me a lunch. I wasn't even asking him to do anything - he just offered.

Anyway, once I got off of work that day he brought me to the local park and we had the most lovely picnic. It was the most perfect day - I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. I know it might not mean much to you ladies but I'm not used to someone caring about me in such a way. I truly am blessed.

When your 18 year old (not his child) seriously burns himself and he says "where are you? I'm on my way"
When you ask him if he's at work yet and he says "I'm always at work because it's my job to keep a smile on your face"
:love:

Yaaaaassss!!! I am worthy of all of these beautiful acts of love and affection (and so are all the other single ladies reading) and I absolutely refuse to settle for a man that does not believe so. I am definitely reminded that actions speak louder than words ever will!!

#patientlywaitingformyking

Will stand on the side of you on the sidewalk that's closest to cars because he's the man and he should be closer to the danger.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

My father did this, there was only one guy that did this. Have yet to find one guy who cares enough or knows anything about it to do this.

This makes me think I need to find a bodyguard or secret serviceman to date. :look:

Will stand on the side of you on the sidewalk that's closest to cars because he's the man and he should be closer to the danger.

My father did this, there was only one guy that did this. Have yet to find one guy who cares enough or knows anything about it to do this.

This makes me think I need to find a bodyguard or secret serviceman to date. :look:

My dh did this when we first started dating when we were in college (and still does). It was one of the reasons I fell for him.

When your school gives you an award on a day he's out of town working and he knows it means a lot to you so he flies in for two hours after work just to be there for you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using LHCF

When you move and have a million things to set up and put together and he does it all by himself without complaining because he wants you to be comfortable and happy in your new home.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using LHCF

When he comes to visit and notices piles of dirty laundry and don't judge but instead, pack them up on his way out, take then home to wash and returns them cleaned, folded and smelling AMAZING!! He had me at that point because to this day and after twelve years of marriage, I still hate doing laundry.

When a man steps up and pick up where you fall your shortest, he's a King in my book!!

Back