You got white girl hair!

I understand...I just had to vent a lil because I just wanna sit at my desk and do my work and have a totally normal day without people coming up to me and "ooohing and aahing"... like I'm some sort of a circus animal...ya feel me? And I guess I just got caught off guard by the white girl comment being the first thing out of her mouth....it just sounded so loud and obnoxious :nono: Why not just politely say "your hair looks nice today" and keep it moving :rolleyes:

She sounds a little over the top. But don't let her know you're embarrassed or else she'll just get worse about it.

It sounds like shes jealous but shes trying to hide her jealousy by being overly doting. As if we can't see through that :rolleyes:..

but...:sekret: I'd be all over you too if I saw your hair still.

Oh God, please gimme this problem...please gimme this problem [crosses fingers and closes eyes suuuuper tight]

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:This is 2 funny and 2 cute. Find a good regimen that works for you and be consistent and I'm sure you'll begin to have this problem soon. Your hair looks healthy and it's gorgeous!

LOL...
I would/do admire your hair too but I can see how some of the "compliments" and touching can be annoying. I just think some people sadly dont know any better but they should, especially grown people [I have a 2yo who is just coming out of that touching-folks/other children-as-they-pass stage, it lasted for a few weeks. I had to keep telling her while we were out to stop touching people, and now she has stopped touching other people who pass by. I did grab her hand and squeeze it just enough a couple of times though, not hard enough to make her cry but so she could get the message, maybe you could try that lol-- they'll think twice before they touch you next time]. I've admired hair on plenty of women who had short and longer lengths and I would never touch someone's hair who is not a friend--that's too bold, and an invasion of someone's personal space.

Hey zzirvingj !!:grin: Aww you were my first hair buddy. Your hair is simply gorgeous!:yep: Who wouldn't want a head full of long, thick, healthy hair like yours? It seems like she has hair envy.:ohwell: Take it as a compliment as opposed to an insult.

You can't be mad at anyone but yourself ZZ! That's what you get for having such long luscious blowing in the wind around those women who probably don't even believe that it's possible to grow hair that long! Just kidding. I can't blame them for salivating over your hair, however that touching would bother me too- they hardly know you. I would just tell them to please don't touch. Can you playfully tell them "Look with your eyes, not with your hands."? They'll hopefully get the hint if you say something like that. Boy what I wouldn't give to have the problem you're having :yep:

speak up about it in a calm and friendly yet assertive manner. this woman is continually over-stepping the boundaries and is annoying. but (imo), if you keep silent there is no point complaining since you're essentially enabling her. i can understand not wanting to snap and keeping the peace for as long as possible but your own comfort should not be compromised this much.

I'm a little 'confused' --- actually concerned about this.

#1. Why can't you just tell her to leave your hair alone? And if she doesn't comply, go to your boss. I mean, she's touching you and that's going over the line. You have a right not to be harrassed or touched.

#2. Since when do white people own hair or it's texture? There's nothing 'white' about anything. My family and friends and associaltes and the women in this Hair Forum at LHCF ... All Black ... can knock any white person's hair off the charts.

I'm really sick and tired of this 'white' comparison mess.

Is there something wrong with being Black? Black hair is not bad hair and it never was nor will it ever be.

Please! Give me a descent break here! If a woman's hair looks nice, that's all it is. She's someone who takes good care of her hair no matter what texture or race it is.

White doesn't have a damn thing to do with it. And yes, I said 'damn' and I meant every letter, vowel, consonant and syllable of it.

I'm sick of this mess of Blacks comparing themselves OR being compared to whites as if being Black and having Black features and traits isn't of any value.

There's no such thing as 'white hair'. Unless it's colored that way in gray, platinum, or bleached outside of its normal pigment of color.

White DOES NOT... I repeat DOES NOT equate nor define beauty or perfection. And it never will.

Case Closed!

That's what one of the ladies in the office yelled out at me today when she saw my hair. I've only been on this new job for about 2 months and today's my first time wearing my hair down/straight. And I feel weird/embarassed because I don't like alot of attention...and my coworker has been telling people all morning about my hair. I was walking with her and she is stopping by various people's desks just to say "Look at her hair...turn around...can you BELIEVE how much hair she has? I mean look at it? Aren't you jealous?"

It is so weird that when *I* wear *my* hair straight to work it's such a big deal...:ohwell::perplexed And I SWEAR if this person rakes their hands through my hair ONE MORE TIME THIS MORNING!!!!!.....:wallbash:

Sorry this is such a random post....lol

I get it all the time, I just ignore them:rolleyes: I guess they aren't used to see black women with hair

#1. Why can't you just tell her to leave your hair alone? And if she doesn't comply, go to your boss. I mean, she's touching you and that's going over the line. You have a right not to be harrassed or touched.

#2. Since when do white people own hair or it's texture? There's nothing 'white' about anything. My family and friends and associaltes and the women in this Hair Forum at LHCF ... All Black ... can knock any white person's hair off the charts.

Is there something wrong with being Black? Black hair is not bad hair and it never was nor will it ever be.

Please! Give me a descent break here! If a woman's hair looks nice, that's all it is. She's someone who takes good care of her hair no matter what texture or race it is.

White doesn't have a damn thing to do with it. And yes, I said 'damn' and I meant every letter, vowel, consonant and syllable of it.

I'm sick of this mess of Blacks comparing themselves OR being compared to whites as if being Black and having Black features and traits isn't of any value.

There's no such thing as 'white hair'. Unless it's colored that way in gray, platinum, or bleached outside of its normal pigment of color.

White DOES NOT... I repeat DOES NOT equate nor define beauty or perfection. And it never will.

Case Closed!

I know that's right! :yep: What is white about her having her hair straightened and it looking nice. That's just ridiculous and it's not just an insult to blacks but to other races/ethnic groups. ARe whites the only ones w/nice hair? Is it only considered nice because it tends to be straighter and silkier than afro textured hair. That mess would have upset me, yeah they probably meant it as a compliment but it's really not. Will they compliment your hair the same when you are wearing it in its naturally curly texture?

Case Closed!

:clapping::goodpost:

I know that's right! :yep: What is white about her having her hair straightened and it looking nice. That's just ridiculous and it's not just an insult to blacks but to other races/ethnic groups.

ARe whites the only ones w/nice hair?

Is it only considered nice because it tends to be straighter and silkier than afro textured hair. That mess would have upset me, yeah they probably meant it as a compliment but it's really not. Will they compliment your hair the same when you are wearing it in its naturally curly texture?
:bighug: Ms Lala:

My even bigger question is this: 'What is so nice about white hair?"

I mean really? What's so nice about it???? I want a certified, irrevocable explaination that qualifies white hair as nice hair. Why do Black women allow themselves to use white women's hair as scale of comparision for ratings of quality?

I just wanna know, that's all. :lachen:

No really, I just want to know. Just because a 'Black' woman's hair looks nice, why does it have to be called 'white'?

What a sad comparision to what's real in this life. :nono:

That's what one of the ladies in the office yelled out at me today when she saw my hair. I've only been on this new job for about 2 months and today's my first time wearing my hair down/straight. And I feel weird/embarassed because I don't like alot of attention...and my coworker has been telling people all morning about my hair. I was walking with her and she is stopping by various people's desks just to say "Look at her hair...turn around...can you BELIEVE how much hair she has? I mean look at it? Aren't you jealous?"

It is so weird that when *I* wear *my* hair straight to work it's such a big deal...:ohwell::perplexed And I SWEAR if this person rakes their hands through my hair ONE MORE TIME THIS MORNING!!!!!.....:wallbash:

Sorry this is such a random post....lol

I can relate, no one from work has seen my straightened hair in over a year, they act way too strange , and all the touching is just too annoying.

:bighug: Ms Lala:

My even bigger question is this: 'What is so nice about white hair?"

I mean really? What's so nice about it???? I want a certified, irrevocable explaination that qualifies white hair as nice hair. Why do Black women allow themselves to use white women's hair as scale of comparision for ratings of quality?

I just wanna know, that's all. :lachen:

No really, I just want to know. Just because a 'Black' woman's hair looks nice, why does it have to be called 'white'?

What a sad comparision to what's real in this life. :nono:

I see what you mean, I didn't think about it that way. That is good to question, what makes it nice in the first place.

I see what you mean, I didn't think about it that way. That is good to question, what makes it nice in the first place.
:lol: Ms Lala, you can tell when 'Shimmie' is on a 'rant'. :lachen:

Hugs and blessings to you pretty lady. Love the Beauty that you are in. For no one is better or above you. I don't care how 'white' they are.

For you....... :giveheart:

Back